GN'R starting rehearsals

You guys are such drama queens. I think it is a nice quote. It is very "Axl".

Agreed. The quote could be about anything or just something he heard that he liked and is repeating. It may not have anything specifically to do with GN'R at all.

Ali

I'm not an usual writer on this forum, I read the forum every day but sometimes with all the negativity I don't feel like answering or even try to discuss. I don't even know why some people get in this forum only to complain and talk shit about this band. I know it's not easy being a GNR fan.

Bumble,Frank, DJ, 4tus, Dizzy, are already there. Seems Tommy was heading LA a couple of days ago. I'm trying to be positive and for some reason I think Axl was preparing himself, practising,for this tour.He doesn't even have to rehearse with the band (I know it's his band, and he should do it) but c'mon, let's try to be a little bit more 'optimistic'

Agreed. The quote could be about anything or just something he heard that he liked and is repeating. It may not have anything specifically to do with GN'R at all.

Ali

Please... the tweet is not clear enough to know exactly what he meant, but it doesn't take a genius to understand Bumble is not happy with the current situation of the band. It's not like this is the first time he made this type of comment. Read between the lines and all that.

I'm pretty sure the guy is allowed to post fortune cookie quotes without them having to be about GNR.

He's allowed, but it's reasonable to think it has something to do with Gn'R imo. Again, just going by what he said in the past.

Edited by Rovim

From the reactions in the thread, I was expecting to read something of significance.

What I read is in no way worth getting riled over. If it is a dig at Dj - and it probably isn't - who cares? It's not like either are going to leave the band over it. Any personal beef they may have never translates in the performances.

But what would it even mean in the context of GNR?

Honestly, I don't know. Probably nothing, cause Bumble always says things and then nothing really changes. He takes things back, and just gives you the impression he was j/k and it comes off as damage control.

Let's say I'm wrong, which is possible. Why would he tweet that? Doesn't really seem like it's something Bumble will say for no reason. I'm actually a fan of Bumble so I'm kinda familiar with the way he interacts with fans. My guess is it has something to do with the way things are with Gn'R or some of it's members.

Edited by Rovim

Honestly, I don't know. Probably nothing, cause Bumble always says things and then nothing really changes. He takes things back, and just gives you the impression he was j/k and it comes off as damage control.

Let's say I'm wrong, which is possible. Why would he tweet that? Doesn't really seem like it's something Bumble will say for no reason. I'm actually a fan of Bumble so I'm kinda familiar with the way he interacts with fans. My guess is it has something to do with the way things are with Gn'R or some of it's members.

You might be right. I just don't think we have enough information to get too worried about it, so until he says something to indicate that it's about GNR, I'd just as soon ignore it.

You might be right. I just don't think we have enough information to get too worried about it, so until he says something to indicate that it's about GNR, I'd just as soon ignore it.

I agree. I'm not worried at all about it cause like I said, Bumble said a lot of things and stayed. He stayed in Guns even when members in the band were complete assholes to him when he first joined.

Edited by Rovim

I'm not an usual writer on this forum, I read the forum every day but sometimes with all the negativity I don't feel like answering or even try to discuss. I don't even know why some people get in this forum only to complain and talk shit about this band. I know it's not easy being a GNR fan.

Bumble,Frank, DJ, 4tus, Dizzy, are already there. Seems Tommy was heading LA a couple of days ago. I'm trying to be positive and for some reason I think Axl was preparing himself, practising,for this tour.He doesn't even have to rehearse with the band (I know it's his band, and he should do it) but c'mon, let's try to be a little bit more 'optimistic'

Wow. These accounts that wonder why people keep coming to "this forum" when they're so negative just keep posting lately. So strange.

• Like 3

Yeah, I think Richard just got there today or yesterday. They'll probably start later this week.

Cool to think that we'll have a new (and hopefully interesting) show to talk about in less than 2 weeks.

This could really be an A-Plus year for Axl and the band. Going to be fascinating to see how it all plays out.

Successful release of the live DVD

Put on a great set at the Revolver show

Debut three new songs during the 2014 shows

Show up in shape and ready to play in 2014

And dammit, release an album this year!!! Been over five years since the last one.

Do all that..........and Axl eliminates 83.5% of the negativity out there towards him using the GnR name!!!!

Okay but realistically, what do you think will happen?

In spite of what a few people on here think, I'm a 25-year diehard fan of Axl Rose the singer. And I hope that he knocks it out of the park this year. I'd love to come to the forum for the next year and be 100% positive about everything that is happening. Would Love it.

But realistically, my guess is:

If the live show goes to theatres - it will bomb. Very few people are going to pay to go to the theatre to see an old show by the current band.

DVD will eventually get released. Axl won't promote it like he should, or like any other singer would. Will do OK in sales, but not that great. Again, I don't think there is a huge market out there to see a live DVD from this current band. Not a knock against them, but this current band hasn't even put out an album together.

Revolver...........GnR plays. After the backlash he's received from not being prepared for big time events (MTV, RnR, Neil Young charity thing), I think that Axl does put in some rehearsal time and shows up ready to perform. The band will sound great, Axl will sound great, and they'll play CD, Jungle, YCBM, SCOM and one of the slow songs from CD - TIL, Sorry, or Madagascar.

Vegas ..........the "new" songs won't be new songs at all. There won't be surprise guests and surprise things happening at the shows. Every show will be pretty much the same. The 'new' songs will be OMG and Silkworms - making GnR the only band in the world that considers "new" songs to be songs that have already been played live in the past. And maybe they'll bust out a different Illusions or CD song or two that they didn't play during the last tour.

Album........sadly, another year will go by without a new album. Making it over six years since the last one, and 22 years since the one before that.

My prediction is a B-minus for the year.

I think Axl and the band will sound great.

But no new songs, and no new album will put a damper on the endless touring.

And like I said.

If Axl did an in-depth interview - Rolling Stones or Playboy.......if he did one late night talk show..................and the band played even just two new songs (rocker and ballad)..........you could give 2014 a solid A.

Release an album in time for Christmas............and they'd get an easy A-Plus.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Ali

Please... the tweet is not clear enough to know exactly what he meant, but it doesn't take a genius to understand Bumble is not happy with the current situation of the band. It's not like this is the first time he made this type of comment. Read between the lines and all that.

Since we are talking about this tweet in particular, not BBF's general attitude on GN'R, I agree with the first sentence after the "please" and think you should've stopped there.

There's reading between the lines and there's reading into things. I understand sometimes the line between the two can be thin at times, but there's nothing indicate this was tweet in particular was about GN'R.

Ali

Ali

Since we are talking about this tweet in particular, not BBF's general attitude on GN'R, I agree with the first sentence after the "please" and think you should've stopped there.

There's reading between the lines and there's reading into things. I understand sometimes the line between the two can be thin at times, but there's nothing indicate this was tweet in particular was about GN'R.

Ali

I stopped when I needed to stop which was when I said everything I wanted to say. I'll accept your definition of reading into things, and yes, there is nothing to indicate this tweet was about Gn'R, but being a fan of Ron and knowing his style of interacting with fans, taking into consideration what he said about the problems with Guns in the past, I would be surprised if this tweet had nothing to do with the band or it's members, and was just a fortune cookie type of a comment.

Edited by Rovim

I think Ashba is the sort of guy who would strategically place a beer can on his amp, just to look 'cool'.

Next thing you know, people are going to claim that could be done with a can of Monster on a piano.

• Like 1

I think Ashba is the sort of guy who would strategically place a beer can on his amp, just to look 'cool'.

He has some vids out where it's supposed to be like a webchat, where he's at his home just doing his thing and OOPS, there's a bottle of Jack Daniels on the table, just perfectly placed. Like DJ is just sitting around wasted on Jack all day, writing hits like Mr Brownstone.

God what a fucking poser. He tries SO hard.

• Like 2

He has some vids out where it's supposed to be like a webchat, where he's at his home just doing his thing and OOPS, there's a bottle of Jack Daniels on the table, just perfectly placed. Like DJ is just sitting around wasted on Jack all day, writing hits like Mr Brownstone.

any mod here can tell me why this forum allows assholes like these guy? 'niceguy' you should change your nickname to asshole, everyone would immediately know it's you writing

• Like 1

Yet you're the one watching these videos of him trying so hard.

That'll be a banned for you. Hope you enjoyed your 34 posts.

When idiots from other forums come her to try to spread shit, it really makes me feel like they must be unhappy in their lives. :)

Edited by magisme

Bumble's latest tweet doesn't sound too encouraging...

Success is not about how far you get. It's about how far you get while not compromising your integrity & values in the process.

Oh for fuck's sake. Then leave. Leave that awesome paycheck behind and touring around the world, and go back to what you love most Bumble. No one is stopping you. Axl is probably not going to change.

I love Bumble but I'm getting tired of this horseshit. That is, of course, if he meant the situation with Axl and Guns with that tweet.

We think every one of these quotes is about Axl and GNR because, let's be honest, outside of that, 99% of the people here don't give a flying fuck what Ron Thal thinks or does.

• Like 1

I can't wait for the tour to start and see DJ and Ron goofing around on stage and having a great time with eachother like usual...or doing interviews together for foreign radio stations and tv stations joking around having some laughs like they've done many times before...everyone in the band interacts with eachother like this, but I want to see it with Ron and DJ so all of these shit disturbers who keep saying there's this big fued between the 2 can shut up and find something else to bitch about.

I can't wait for the tour to start and see DJ and Ron goofing around on stage and having a great time with eachother like usual...or doing interviews together for foreign radio stations and tv stations joking around having some laughs like they've done many times before...everyone in the band interacts with eachother like this, but I want to see it with Ron and DJ so all of these shit disturbers who keep saying there's this big fued between the 2 can shut up and find something else to bitch about.

You don't the first clue what you're talking about.

Wait, why am I addressing you as if you mean what you say? You're a blatant cupcake.