GN'R starting rehearsals

I found a 30 sec clip of a pre-Rio livestream on YouTube, but it doesn't have that bit, just DJ and Chris holding Monster cans to the camera.

Oh, Pitman... :lol:

Monster can't make promo ads for Guns N' Roses? Yeah we get it, product placement *L* and you get a few bucks out of the mention. I'd rather see GNR make music for Monster for their ads instead of standing in front of banners and displaying the drinks on Axl's piano and making sure the audience sees it.

WWDDD?

don%20draper.jpg

i'm a somewhat experienced guitar player and can also testify that DJ Ashba

is not talented and is probably in the band cuz of convenience and loyalty(misguided)to Axl.

DJ is probably another yes-man for Axl and the quality of the playing seems secondary

in Axl's view compared to the use of DJ to market things and bring in young girls and other

people who don't know shit to his concerts.

i agree with the poster who said the focus and responsibility should be on Axl.

it's his band.

it begins and ends with Axl's decisions or lack thereof.

i don't think Axl cares that DJ isn't able to play the TIL solo properly or better than

any youtube amateur.

i don't think Axl even cares that DJ fucks up jungle continually.jungle WAS GNR.

at least this song should mean something to Axl.

in regards to art i feel Axl just couldn't care less.

but he should at least have the decency to hire players that doesn't fuck up

songs we know note for note after 25 years.

so yeah,this isn't even "just an opinion".

DJ Ashba isn't a very good guitar player.

I dont dislike him because he's successful or wears makeup. I dislike him because he sounds like an amateur YouTube guitarist trying to cover Slash (while taking shortcuts) and trying to impress the crowd with the lameass pick tapping and extremely simple and pointless shredding he does all the time. Oh, and he gets to play the easy parts and still complained about that. I dislike him because he missed bends all the time. I dislike him because he's a flawless guitarist in the sense that HE WILL fuck up the TIL and Sorry solos at some point, lol. You know he will not disappoint you when you expect him to fuck up. I dislike him because he plays out of tune here and there, I dislike him because of his extremely generic phrasing, note choices and doesnt leave his comfort zone, he'll always play or write that half-decent generic solo that people with low expectations will buy anyway. I dislike him because, on live shows, he acts like thousants did before him 30, 40, 50 years ago trying to look and sound "rock n' roll". I dislike him because he's not a guitarist or musician, he's an enterpreneur playing guitar. I could go on, but I made my point :)

Could not have summed it up better myself. He's like that guy in high school you know that played guitar a lot in his bedroom and got moderately good, but has no ability to really gel in an actual band setting.

DJ. Well, he's like a teenager who cobbled together everything his little mind thinks is "rock and roll," but it comes off as a horrendously disingenuous pose.

Cigarette while playing? Check. Les Paul? Check? Standard rock pose (which Slash was doing in GNR back in 88)? Check. Top hat? You better believe it.

Then he throws on all sorts of other nonsense from every other fucking genre of rock: eyeliner, lipstick, Jack Daniels bottles, tattered clothing, edgy saying with curse words on his t-shirts.

And then look at some of the world's biggest current rock musicians, and you'll see that none of them appear to be trying so hard, yet they just look so cool. Muse comes to mind.

This as well.

Knock, Knock!

Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:15 PM By: Nightrain Blog

What's happening behind these doors?

For the one's who wants to know where GRN are rehearsing....

the picture have gps position in exif data

https://www.google.com/maps/preview?q=34.21473055555556,-118.47769166666667

2hplu2q.jpg

Man, you just opened the wrong gate. Now the lunatics are going to harass the members nonstop.

Knock, Knock!

For the one's who wants to know where GRN are rehearsing....

the picture have gps position in exif data

https://www.google.com/maps/preview?q=34.21473055555556,-118.47769166666667

2hplu2q.jpg

Man, you just opened the wrong gate. Now the lunatics are going to harass the members nonstop.

No need to worry. Bumble will just stab them in the face.

Knock, Knock!

closed_doors.JPG

Damnit, wish I ponied up for Nightrain now for a world exclusive first look at a set of closed doors :/

Is it a The Vault? With Paul Tobias and etc,? :)
Complete, with AFD 99, Silkworms featuring Slash and John Lennon, Axl's autobio and the 36 ChiDem follow-ups.

DJ is a better fit for Guns than Robin. When they got DJ I was relieved that he didn't mess up all the solos like Robin did.

Except for his style and the way he tries too hard sometimes to look cool, he's been a very fresh addition to Guns and it's evident that fans like him a lot too, judging from the reactions at a show.

I was hoping to learn any info about the rehearsals when i come to this thread. Instead, another Dj Ashba sucks/Slash copy thread. Excellent. Maybe we can rename this section. DJ ASHBA SUCKS DISCUSSION AND NEWS ABOUT HIS CURRENT STATUS AT SUCKING.

I agree.

I know there hasn't been much in the way of news out of these rehearsals to discuss, but that's no reason to turn it into yet another thread to bash DJ in. Please try to keep things directly related to the rehearsals in this thread.