New country song mentioning GNR

I'm on my phone right now, but I'll add the video later. Brantley Gilbert will have a song on his new album coming out in May called "My Baby's Guns N' Roses."

Doesn't seem to be about GNR, but the chorus mentions SCOM.

EDIT: the bridge mentions NR and KOHD.

Edited by The Real McCoy

There's a PC reference in here too. It's a live recording, so I'm getting bits and pieces here and there.

Brantley is an 80s rock fan, and his music is very hard rock influenced, so it makes sense.

Edited by The Real McCoy

We REALLY need some new music.

"But is it what people pass as country in the US? Or has country music really turned into generic pop-rock and no one told me?""

Yup, Country music has been on a massive decline for a while now. Taylor Swift was probably the last official nail in the coffin.

It's just too bad Axl didn't sue them over this abortion of a song.

"But is it what people pass as country in the US? Or has country music really turned into generic pop-rock and no one told me?""

Yup, Country music has been on a massive decline for a while now. Taylor Swift was probably the last official nail in the coffin.

I work in country radio and I respectfully disagree with you.

Well, it's either American rock music has got way more country or "country" has got way more rock. That song to me sounds like it could have come off of any of Knicklebacks records or any of Bon jovis since 2005 onwards.

Country music for me has a few defining characteristics... they might be stereotypes for country but I want to hear a twangy strat or tele, I don't want hard rock/metal guitar tones and I want a country vocal and if there's a solo I want an authentic country solo played in a country style... not a rock guitarist trying to play country.

In my opinion country music is watered down right now, just like modern rock. both styles need a giant kick in the ass because they both used to pack a punch and now? laughable!

on another note, did anyone see this? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/14/gun-and-roses-giveaway_n_4789475.html

Edited by Tom2112

Axl and Garth were born a few hundred miles apart, a day apart, but changed the face of music. I think GNR had more to do with grunge than hair metal, but then they went "epic" and jumped the shark. Garth's playbook was embracing the heartland where Axl rejected it, built the audience up, incorporated arena rock into country shows, and it just snowballed in the early 90s. Axl and Garth were born a day apart, a few hundred miles apart, but made big impact in music.

Garth at Central Park was the moment where the music industry realized country is here, it's not something that is just something that belongs in rodeos and state fairs. The people who live and work in Music Row, some of them are Sunset Strip refugees. Mutt Lange saw it coming, what Tommy Mottola was to Mariah, he was to Shania, but it's probably for the best you don't marry someone you're working with, especially if they're control freaks.

I actually just saw Brantley do a mini-concert in Nashville, and his guitarist opened the show with the intro to WTTJ.

Even take Carrie Underwood for instance, she's covered at least 4 GNR songs on different occasions. She's also covered Aerosmith and Skid Row.