Axl's reason not to attend Hall of Fame was...

Axl's "reasons"  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Because it would have diminished what he's doing with current GN'R and rabid fans of the classic lineup(s) would have never stopped asking for a reunion.

Now is not the time for nostalgia I guess (though looking at the current state of things it's hard to keep faith on the future).

Let's see what they do on this new tour. If it's still the same set then we'll know what to expect for the next year(s)...

Yes, it would diminish the gravy train nuGNR is cashing in on -

Look, you get inducted, you go.

Its a nice thing for you and your fans. Its supposed to be a fun thing. Enough with all this rationalization.

Axl could make winning the lottery the same day you discover the cure for cancer seem like a burden.

Look, you get inducted, you go.

Its a nice thing for you and your fans. Its supposed to be a fun thing. Enough with all this rationalization.

Axl could make winning the lottery the same day you discover the cure for cancer seem like a burden.

It's not a fan driven award show, but from what Steve Van Zandt had said, they have to do it committee style because the record companies would be pumping tons of cash into trying to get certain acts inducted. There would be a lot of artists passed over if they didn't do it.

My take is that the money isn't going into the pockets of music execs the way Axl said it did because it's a non-profit, but I do think it's a tax write-off,and the money's going to keep the place open and buy memorabilia to display. I wish they had gone with a regional approach so local bands could have been inducted.

Because it would have diminished what he's doing with current GN'R and rabid fans of the classic lineup(s) would have never stopped asking for a reunion.

Now is not the time for nostalgia I guess (though looking at the current state of things it's hard to keep faith on the future).

Let's see what they do on this new tour. If it's still the same set then we'll know what to expect for the next year(s)...

Why would it diminish what he is doing with the new band? Or more specifically, why would it hurt this current band's year-after-year touring?

Rabid fans of the classic lineup already want a reunion. Why would that matter to Axl? He already doesn't care about a reunion and doesn't really care that much about the die-hard fans of the classic line-ups. So why would Axl suddenly care what a few people said on the internet?

"Now is not the time for nostalgia".............have you been following this band lately? Axl hasn't even put out an album with this current band. His last album was over five years ago, and there is no talk of a new album anywhere in the future. And the amount of CD songs played live continues to decrease each time the band tours. You seriously wouldn't call the current GnR a nostalgia act?

Yes, I'm more and more leaning towards calling them that (a nostalgia act) that's why I've said that given current looks of things it's harder to have faith in the future.

I still just want to hope a little. Just a little more - believing that Axl can still deliver something great.

If not then I won't burry my head in the sand, and call the current band for what it will in the end be. I just can't (yet) believe that Axl has no more vision and goes with the flow (constant touring of old material - CD included, no creativity, no desire to better himself etc.).

Edited by NicoRourke