Axl's reason not to attend Hall of Fame was...

Axl's "reasons"  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with the Slash one. But the reunion one was part of it too, I think.

I have never believed he expected the current touring band to be inducted.

End of the day, Axl couldn't suck it up for 20 minutes and share a stage with his version of the Antichrist. He could have arrived late, hung backstage until it was time to go on and accept, then walk right off the stage into his car. Technically, would not even have to speak to Slash.

The whole "good for Axl taking a stand" routine is just Axl zealots trying to church it up.

• Like 3

I voted "Other Reason" since he released a statement saying why he didn't go.

Which was total nonsense.

I assumed this poll was done in the spirit of dismissing that for the bullshit it was and taking a stab at the real reason.

• Like 2

I assumed this poll was done in the spirit of dismissing that for the bullshit it was and taking a stab at the real reason.

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it's bullshit.
  • Like 1

I think it's more then just one reason: It's a combination of not wanting anything to do with Slash, not really recognizing the validity of the rock n' roll HOF, and also protecting the current line up and what he's trying to do with Guns. If he went and performed a few songs with Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven, I think fans would have turned against the current line up (even more) and cried reunion.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I think it's more then just one reason: It's a combination of not wanting anything to do with Slash, not really recognizing the validity of the rock n' roll HOF, and also protecting the current line up and what he's trying to do with Guns. If he went and performed a few songs with Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven, I think fans will turn against the current line up (even more) and cry reunion.

Could well be.

But I think its fair to speculate that if it were Duff, Gilby and Matt there, he might have still come. Slash (and to a lesser extent, that fuck up Adler) were the dealbreakers.

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it's bullshit.

What he said.

I think it's more then just one reason: It's a combination of not wanting anything to do with Slash, not really recognizing the validity of the rock n' roll HOF, and also protecting the current line up and what he's trying to do with Guns. If he went and performed a few songs with Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven, I think fans will turn against the current line up (even more) and cry reunion.

Could well be.

But I think its fair to speculate that if it were Duff, Gilby and Matt there, he might have still come. Slash (and to a lesser extent, that fuck up Adler) were the dealbreakers.

Yeah, I agree. I think the main reason was Slash, but it also seems that Axl avoids performing with more then one member from the classic line up at a time, which I think is connected to what I said earlier about him wanting to protect what he's trying to do with the current line up.

Yeah, I agree. I think the main reason was Slash, but it also seems that Axl avoids performing with more then one member from the classic line up at a time, which I think is connected to what I said earlier about him wanting to protect what he's trying to do with the current line up.

I would give this theory a hell of a lot more credence if I saw Axl actually doing anything with his current band.

• Like 1

I would give this theory a hell of a lot more credence if I saw Axl actually doing anything with his current band.

More like what he's trying to potentially do with the band. He doesn't need to actually do anything in order to worry about damaging the possibility of doing something with Guns imo.

Edited by Rovim

The letters he released were a mass of contradictions anyhow: they do not state one specific reason. He seemingly cites the HoF as the main reason yet elsewhere, says that he was willing to work something out with the old guys. Then in one bit he starts slagging off his former band mates (in fairness, this was just a few days after Adler called the new band 'hacks'). Those two letters are all over the place in logic.

I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings, but you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure out why Axl didn't go.

Because he doesn't want to do a reunion! /derp

And because he didn't want to be put in the situation where he shows up and then is ostensibly forced to play with the old lineup.

I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings, but you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure out why Axl didn't go.

And because he didn't want to be put in the situation where he shows up and then is ostensibly forced to play with the old lineup.

Guestion is why was/is it so hard for Axl to do this? Does he hate so much the idea of reunion..Only for one night..for the fans...in my book the guy is crazy and childish bitch LOL There must be so much anger and hate towards Slash that we can't even realize :shrugs:

Guestion is why was/is it so hard for Axl to do this? Does he hate so much the idea of reunion..Only for one night..for the fans...in my book the guy is crazy and childish bitch LOL There must be so much anger and hate towards Slash that we can't even realize :shrugs:

Let's say he showed up and performed with the old band, just for one night, just for the fans. Would it mean that much to you ? Would that make you happy ? It's an honest question. Would all the fans that want reunion have been satisfied with one night only, just for the fans ? (The fans that want a reunion, that is.)

Let's say he showed up and performed with the old band, just for one night, just for the fans. Would it mean that much to you ? Would that make you happy ? It's an honest question. Would all the fans that want reunion have been satisfied with one night only, just for the fans ? (The fans that want a reunion, that is.)

It would have been very special for any real fan. To see and hear Axl and Slash and Izzy and Duff and Steven on the same stage after all those years...yeah. It would make me happy, and I don't even want a reunion. Just a one off thing.

Yes I would have been extremely grateful and that would have been enough for me...Just accepting the award and thanking the fans for they loyalty to this band..The old band means so much to many of us..It helped me get through this life with they no bullshit-attitude, lyrics and giving finger to those who were judgemental fucks :lol: Many of the fans would LOVE to see them perform together..Then Axl could go back with his current band..It was just celebration of that particular era of GnR, nothing more

This would be death.

Those guys from KISS said the second Ace and Peter walked on stage for the MTV Unplugged, they knew it was over. Fans weren't going to be interested in anything else.

How is this not the same thing? Who is going to see Axl up there with Slash and Duff and then get jazzed up about watching him with a guy named Bumblefoot. Who, most people, don't even know that's a thing.

• Like 1

All of the above should have been an option, I think had they (rock hall) been a little more persuasive to Axl he would have come and took to the podium with the rest of the guys. I don't think a performance was ever going to be part of the deal. Axl obviously entered into a discussion with the hall, so he was willing to attend.

I'm of two minds regarding whether the new guys should have been included or not, I mean Josh from RHCP got in (one album, less than 5 years in the band) Rob from Metallica got in (one album, 10 years with the band). I don't see why some of the new guys weren't given the nod too. Rob and josh didn't do anything to propel Metallica or RHCP in the early days, why are they the exception. Tommy stinson, pitman and richard fortus toured with the band since the early 2000's and they recorded on CD, Ron has been in the band since 06' and recorded on CD. I realise there's issues with line-ups and that Guns has had a lot of in between members like tobias, bucket, finck, brain etc. but I think there's valid questions.

I know a lot of people will say the original band only, I mostly agree, GNR is the classic line-up and the use your illusion line-up... that's what people know and love, but I just don't understand the system 100% - bands treated with one set of rules to another of seemingly equal status.