Axl's reason not to attend Hall of Fame was...

Axl's "reasons"  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm shocked there was no "All Of The Above."

Ultimately, I went with "It would diminish his work with NewGNR," because it would and then all of the other reasons become valid.

NuGNR and Chinese Democracy become even more "Axl's other band thing" if he just goes and reunites with the others, which would reignite interest in the old band. Plus, as best as I can tell, Slash did some shitty things to him that he's not really willing to just drop (nor should he if it's true).

Let's say he showed up and performed with the old band, just for one night, just for the fans. Would it mean that much to you ? Would that make you happy ? It's an honest question. Would all the fans that want reunion have been satisfied with one night only, just for the fans ? (The fans that want a reunion, that is.)

This would be death.

Those guys from KISS said the second Ace and Peter walked on stage for the MTV Unplugged, they knew it was over. Fans weren't going to be interested in anything else.

How is this not the same thing? Who is going to see Axl up there with Slash and Duff and then get jazzed up about watching him with a guy named Bumblefoot. Who, most people, don't even know that's a thing.

Right on man.

Nobody plays the classic stuff like the proper GNR, when you hear Slash play Civil War or even Adler just playing Brownstone by himself in a music shop for example you realise how nobody plays that shit like the real deal.

Edited by DR DOOM

I'm shocked there was no "All Of The Above."

Ultimately, I went with "It would diminish his work with NewGNR," because it would and then all of the other reasons become valid.

NuGNR and Chinese Democracy become even more "Axl's other band thing" if he just goes and reunites with the others, which would reignite interest in the old band. Plus, as best as I can tell, Slash did some shitty things to him that he's not really willing to just drop (nor should he if it's true).

Added "All of the above" to the poll ;)

Actually I think it could have been more than one reason.

I remember when Eddie Trunk mentioned it to Axl he said he would have to see exactly what they would expect from him and he mentioned GNR now.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to be on stage with Slash and didn't want fans to hope for a reunion.

Eddie Trunk was talking about why Paul and Gene of Kiss didn't want to reunite with Ace and Peter on stage and he thinks it's because die hard Kiss fans would want a reunion again.

All these guys have to say is " This is the last time the original Kiss members will perform ever". I mean come on.

anyway, I don't think Axl wants to revisit the past and being with the original members of GNR would be just that. He's moved on and probably thought the other guys wouldn't do it if he did it.

I recently read an interview with Slash and he said almost the same thing. He and Duff weren't sure if they would attend if Axl did because they didn't know what to expect from him and when Axl pulled out the day before, that's when they made their final decision to attend.

Just like I said before, Slash and Duff are wimps when it comes to facing Axl.

Let's say he showed up and performed with the old band, just for one night, just for the fans. Would it mean that much to you ? Would that make you happy ? It's an honest question. Would all the fans that want reunion have been satisfied with one night only, just for the fans ? (The fans that want a reunion, that is.)

This would be death.

Those guys from KISS said the second Ace and Peter walked on stage for the MTV Unplugged, they knew it was over. Fans weren't going to be interested in anything else.

How is this not the same thing? Who is going to see Axl up there with Slash and Duff and then get jazzed up about watching him with a guy named Bumblefoot. Who, most people, don't even know that's a thing.

Right on man.

Nobody plays the classic stuff like the proper GNR, when you hear Slash play Civil War or even Adler just playing Brownstone by himself in a music shop for example you realise how nobody plays that shit like the real deal.

Eh...I'd probably rather have Matt.

Never got this over the top Alder love in hindsight. He played decent drums on one album. Matt played on twice as many songs, more complex songs, and the live concerts with him sound better.

'Mr Brownstone' is actually my example of this. Live on the AFD tour, its way, way too fast.

Actually I think it could have been more than one reason.

I remember when Eddie Trunk mentioned it to Axl he said he would have to see exactly what they would expect from him and he mentioned GNR now.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to be on stage with Slash and didn't want fans to hope for a reunion.

Eddie Trunk was talking about why Paul and Gene of Kiss didn't want to reunite with Ace and Peter on stage and he thinks it's because die hard Kiss fans would want a reunion again.

All these guys have to say is " This is the last time the original Kiss members will perform ever". I mean come on.

anyway, I don't think Axl wants to revisit the past and being with the original members of GNR would be just that. He's moved on and probably thought the other guys wouldn't do it if he did it.

I recently read an interview with Slash and he said almost the same thing. He and Duff weren't sure if they would attend if Axl did because they didn't know what to expect from him and when Axl pulled out the day before, that's when they made their final decision to attend.

Just like I said before, Slash and Duff are wimps when it comes to facing Axl.

So are you saying that certain fans have not moved on when hoping for a reunion? I rather think that Axl has not moved on since he can't bury the past by facing his demons (Slash) and just forgive what might have happened..Same goes for Slash..I just hope they both could forgive each other and then move on with their life..They shared much of their lives together and were like brothers and changed the music world in the process..

Edited by gunnari

People still crying about the R&RHOF, too funny. It's over. Nothing you say or do can change anything.

You know saber you remind me of this old guy who says to the Joker: "We're not intimitated by thugs."

People still crying about the R&RHOF, too funny. It's over. Nothing you say or do can change anything.

Lot of people put all their eggs in that basket.

That's where the fairytale reunion was going to happen, right out of the Hollywood script.

Pretty foolish.

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree. I think the main reason was Slash, but it also seems that Axl avoids performing with more then one member from the classic line up at a time, which I think is connected to what I said earlier about him wanting to protect what he's trying to do with the current line up.

I would give this theory a hell of a lot more credence if I saw Axl actually doing anything with his current band.

This.... Just... This...

• Like 1

Had he attended, there was no way in hell he would have gotten on stage to accept the award with Slash by his side. He would have probably sat in the crowd and bitched to Beta and Del James the whole time, all the while writing on his notepad every "lie" Slash told the audience. It was doomed to fail from the minute it was announced. But of course, it wasn't a failure after all since Slash, Duff, Gliby, and Steven tore the house down. Honestly, they don't need Axl. Sure, it would be awesome if the real Guns reunited but they don't him to be successful.

It comes down to this: Axl needs them more than they need him. I think we can all see why.

I think he would have stood on stage with Slash...but izzy, Steven and duff would be between them haha

Another thing is it would be really hard for Axl to have to face Slash from an emotional stand point. He's been a guy that has emotional reactions to the littlest and biggest things. He has so much hate for how his run with Slash ended and yet at the same time he clearly cares about him still. Slash gets interviewed about Axl and he says "I don't care what he does or says" Axl talks about Slash and mentions he read his entire book, has listened to his albums and for what we know he keeps track of Slash's career,

For Axl a meeting with Slash would bring out emotions that would cause him to react instinctively. That could mean a fist fight or a complete breakdown of tears. This is why Axl avoids this situation.

Slash avoids this situation because he doesn't care about Axl. Axl doesn't bother him like Slash bothers Axl.

If Slash truly doesn't care about Axl, it's completely justified. But I think it's more indifference. If the opportunity presented itself, he'd do a reunion.

I honestly don't think Axl would have stood on the same stage as Slash, even if all the other guys were in between them. What about when it came time for Axl to talk? Have security rush Slash to the other side of the group so Axl is comfortable? And remember, Axl read Slash's book to "know what I'm up against." In my view, it's one of two things. 1: He wants Slash back but will never admit it or be man enough to speak to him or 2: He has a very unhealthy obsession with that man, to say the least.

If Axl ever came back here to do a chat, the tough questions need to be asked, not shit like "OMG I love Riad, it's so amazing!!!11!! When are you coming to Buttfuck, Brazil?"

Slash only cares about Axl when Axl can help him musically. I think that's how Axl feels anyways. Axl seems to legitimately care about the people he works with. Slash seems very self centered. I'm sorry if that offends anyone but it's just my opinion. I'm probably dead wrong, but to me I think that's what upsets Axl the most, is that Slash didn't care about Axl's life, he only cared about the singer.

Axl is a very caring person for the people he likes. I think Duff or Steven once said that when they passed out and went to the hospital the only person there when they woke up was Axl. He always cared about everyone in the band. I don't think they showed Axl the same and that is part of what upset him with the former band.

This is why the reunion isn't happening. Axl never felt like Slash cared about him, and he isn't going to be used for Slash to make millions off him. Slash would do the reunion because he would sell albums. He has no intention of fixing his relationship with Axl.