Does anybody else think that we aren't got a new GNR release in this century?

I really don't know. All of this could've been avoided if Axl retired GNR and started a solo carreer, like Ozzy did, for example. There'd be no blocking, no lineup rejection, nothing. He would deal with different criticism, of course, but I'd say everything would be easier. Too bad Axl believed he is GNR, he's not, he was part of it, as important as Slash, Duff and Izzy.

Volcano sounds a little upset today, I'm sorry for you, "bro".

Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

Somebody should buy the brandname and start a new band
I'm really sad that this "band" (with or without former/past or present members or labels) fucks up EVERYTHING
I seriously hope that the hoarders empty their vaults soon
This band is so dead

Edited by Crash Diet

Is this a literal question? Are you seriously concerned that we won't get a GNR release by 2100?

I don't see why we won't get a couple of GNR releases before this decade is out - and you can guarantee that the GNR brand will be active posthumously.

Is this a literal question? Are you seriously concerned that we won't get a GNR release by 2100?

I don't see why we won't get a couple of GNR releases before this decade is out - and you can guarantee that the GNR brand will be active posthumously.

Beta is frothing at the mouth at the thought of Axl dying and letting her cash in on the vault.

• Like 1

lol, it's hard to believe Beta is such an evil person, she's a nice lady. she's a lot like axl, very easily offended and aggressive, same for fernando. this "we against the world" mentality doesn't help them. will they try to make money after axl's death? honestly, even after constantly making fun of TB, i don't think so. i'm sure they love axl. if i'm proven wrong in some years, i'll feel very bad for axl. :(

I've said this many times, but I honestly don't think we'll see another GN'R album in Axl's life time.

I agree 100% with Russ. And I've believed it for quite some time, and have posted about it several times. Whether it's Axl's own perfectionist attitude, lable issues, forced reunion bullshit, whatever the excuse, I don't believe we will see another complete studio release from Axl until it is no longer in his control. Which will only come in a fashion I never hope to see. When that day comes, the vaults will open, the haters will become his biggest fans, and the enigma that is Axl Rose will be forever cemented in music history. I wish it were different, and I truly hope I'm wrong.

I think we will not get a new Guns N' Roses release while Axl is still alive. After he passes away, it's gonna be one release after another, though.

I don't think that is the way it works. An artist (estate) has control up to 50 years after they pass.

If he lives to be 100, that could mean that only in 2112 others can share what they have copies of.

Anyone know where that interview is where Fortus said the release will be as soon as this year.

Why would he say that if it wasn't possible?

I think we will not get a new Guns N' Roses release while Axl is still alive. After he passes away, it's gonna be one release after another, though.

How can we be so sure that Team Brazil or whoever is Axl's heir, will just release stuff willy-nilly?

Axl's wishes will have to be respected. Some of you are pretty morbid, don't go there lest you want that in your life.

I don't think that is the way it works. An artist (estate) has control up to 50 years after they pass.

If he lives to be 100, that could mean that only in 2112 others can share what they have copies of.

Anyone know where that interview is where Fortus said the release will be as soon as this year.

Why would he say that if it wasn't possible?

For the same reason Axl said he was planning a trilogy. They just throw shit out there. Its rarely backed up.