Does anybody else think that we aren't got a new GNR release in this century?

Umm??? I'm assuming English is not your first language, because if it is, your teachers failed you.

I'm not sure how to answer the question because "we aren't got" does not compute.

Umm??? I'm assuming English is not your first language, because if it is, your teachers failed you.

I'm not sure how to answer the question because "we aren't got" does not compute.

It obviously isn't, but if you can't understand what he meant, your teachers also failed you pretty bad.

I'm only interested in:

- UYI documentary
- UYI gigs
- Demos they recorded before Slash left (which Axl claimed to have)
- Chinese Democracy leftovers without vocals
- Pro-shot of a 2010 show

Chances of me seeing the official release? 0%.
Chances of me seeing the unofficial release? 2%.

I'd like to think we'll get maybe one more album while Axl is with us, but I also fear that when he passes Team Brazil will keep the vault closed.

After a certain number of years the material will be released, the money offered will be ridiculous and the old Axl money will dry up so whoever is entrusted with the material will have to do something with it, if that's the scenario we have a very, very long wait ahead of us. I hope Axl is proud enough of the material he created to release it.. I think we'll get get new material, but I don't think it's coming this year (I WISH IT WAS!!!). Until then this band is just a waste of time nostalgia act (for me to say that about my all time favourite band is tough, but It's true!). I don't want bands to continuously follow the record-promote-tour cycle but I do want a band with 30yrs under it's belt to have more than 4 proper albums, It's a joke. Over-thinking and second-guessing your every move is not a way to be a creative and relevant artist. Unless Axl changes his ways the only thing people are going to remember about him was that he took 15 years to record 1 album, and then gave up on something he fought very hard for when the going got tough (from the outside looking in).

I sure hope that we do.

Axl is the best singer of my generation and it would be a real shame to never get any new material from him again.

The guy still has soooooo much to offer.

I hope we get 7-8 more albums from the guy, a couple live DVDs, a book, band documentaries, box set of unreleased b-side etc.

when axl dies the vaults will be raided,we will get a bunch of new albums to continue to pay for a life style some have become accustomed to, so yes we will get gnr releases this century.

when axl dies the vaults will be raided,we will get a bunch of new albums to continue to pay for a life style some have become accustomed to, so yes we will get gnr releases this century.

Who spearheads that? TB? With Fernando as Executive Producer?

It obviously isn't, but if you can't understand what he meant, your teachers also failed you pretty bad.

I said it as a friendly dig.... :)

Thanks for fighting others fights though.

I can kind of see how CD is a GNR album, it was forged in the fires of the old band in the late 90s, it's about the old band and that era. Axl gets knocked down by various things but he fights back. CD is a guide to not giving a fuck. This band could make a pretty good modern hard rock album. But I can't think of what Axl would sing about.