Thank You Slash

If the rumors are true (and I hope they are), I'd like to thank Slash for finally put a stop to Axl's attempt to erase Slash from GN'R. The "snake in the grass" acquisition of the band name, the Activision lawsuit, encouraging fans to dismiss and deride him, etc. Really despicable to begin with.

It's become apparent the Axl tried for a very long time to make it appear the he = Guns N' Roses. He couldn't do it through a new band. When the new band was gone he couldn't do it through new songs. When the new songs didn't succeed, he couldn't do it through lawsuits. When the lawsuits didn't succeed, Axl toured his way into North and South America with the Chinese Democracy tour. And when didn't succeed, he toured South America. When that didn't succeed, he toured under Appetite for Democracy. And when that didn't work, well I don't know. This will be interesting.

I don't see any reason why he would be touring in his state with the voice and lack of new material. The only semblance of reasoning I get is that maybe he hopes if he tours long enough people will forget about the old band and people will think Axl = GN'R. Really it was a band and Axl was a big part of it but he was never a majority contributor. They were all Guns N' Roses. If Axl doesn't like Slash or the old band then he should probably drop the old music altogether and just do his own thing.

Anyways, Slash if you are reading this, THANK YOU! Can't wait for your next album to drop.

• Like 3

If the rumors are true, Slash has sunk to a new low, regardless of the "all things considered, axl did the same to my dvd" mentality... it's not classy and it's not going to help things along when slash and myles come out with their next dvd tat will most likely feature some gnr material. Really disappointed if it's true, but maybe all this will put some fire under Axl to go out and crush Slash... not that I'm against Slash, I quite enjoy some of his material but I'd love for Axl to release new music and if this could be the catalyst... unlikely I know.

Edited by Tom2112

Before people were proud of Slash blocking it, the party line was "Oh Slash is too cool and too laid back and too enlightened to participate in anything like Axl does."

Now it's "HELL YEAH SLASH! BLOCK THAT SHIT!"

It's comical, it really is. Autopilot is a thing.

edit: added "a" in the last sentence

Edited by saber_
  • Like 2

Can someone explain what's going on ?

Two days ago, Axl's DVD release was reported to be held up and in jeopardy. Rockfuel attributed this to "original members" causing problems. Some people (myself included) came up with common sense theories that attributed it to Slash, and were met with the standard responses about Slash being too chill for that, being accused of villainizing Slash, etc.

Today, UK SUBS claimed that he had received information from two "reliable sources" (not Team Brazil) that said Slash was behind it. While this is far from definitive proof, it definitely makes the theory worth discussing.

Since that bombshell, the Slash fans have backtracked and are now applauding him for acting like Axl. It's pretty funny.

• Like 1

Two days ago, Axl's DVD release was reported to be held up and in jeopardy. Rockfuel attributed this to "original members" causing problems. Some people (myself included) came up with common sense theories that attributed it to Slash, and were met with the standard responses about Slash being too chill for that, being accused of villainizing Slash, etc.

Today, UK SUBS claimed that he had received information from two "reliable sources" (not Team Brazil) that said Slash was behind it. While this is far from definitive proof, it definitely makes the theory worth discussing.

Since that bombshell, the Slash fans have backtracked and are now applauding him for acting like Axl. It's pretty funny.

If it's true then it's kind of a douche move on Slash's part considered that he has released a live dvd, did Axl ever try to put a stop to the Made In Stoke dvd ?

If it's true then it's kind of a douche move on Slash's part considered that he has released a live dvd, did Axl ever try to put a stop to the Made In Stoke dvd ?

There's a rumor that Axl blocked Slash's DVD from being released in the States or something. I'm not sure how true that is.

Unfortunately, yes. Made in Stoke was not available with GNR songs in video format in the USA. They are both such idiots. They both "own" those songs, let em both release them as they see fit

Unfortunately, yes. Made in Stoke was not available with GNR songs in video format in the USA. They are both such idiots. They both "own" those songs, let em both release them as they see fit

Posted this in the DVD discussion thread, from bicycle handgrenade on HTGTH:

"I had pre-ordered Made in Stoke on DVD from a local record store in the US. They were eventually told by the label that the DVD wouldn't be coming out in the US because the label wanted to see how it sold overseas before spending the money for the US rights."

If the rumors are true (and I hope they are), I'd like to thank Slash for finally put a stop to Axl's attempt to erase Slash from GN'R. The "snake in the grass" acquisition of the band name, the Activision lawsuit, encouraging fans to dismiss and deride him, etc. Really despicable to begin with.

It's become apparent the Axl tried for a very long time to make it appear the he = Guns N' Roses. He couldn't do it through a new band. When the new band was gone he couldn't do it through new songs. When the new songs didn't succeed, he couldn't do it through lawsuits. When the lawsuits didn't succeed, Axl toured his way into North and South America with the Chinese Democracy tour. And when didn't succeed, he toured South America. When that didn't succeed, he toured under Appetite for Democracy. And when that didn't work, well I don't know. This will be interesting.

I don't see any reason why he would be touring in his state with the voice and lack of new material. The only semblance of reasoning I get is that maybe he hopes if he tours long enough people will forget about the old band and people will think Axl = GN'R. Really it was a band and Axl was a big part of it but he was never a majority contributor. They were all Guns N' Roses. If Axl doesn't like Slash or the old band then he should probably drop the old music altogether and just do his own thing.

Anyways, Slash if you are reading this, THANK YOU! Can't wait for your next album to drop.

I hope Dexter logs in and goes all-out Madison on you.

• Like 1

I hope Dexter logs in and goes all-out Madison on you.

The way things are going right now I feel like a Dexter post is a possibility.

i couldn't agree more

the dvd was shit anyway

My only reason for not posting much on these topics is it was bound to happen. No disrespect but it's clear Slash is scared of losing his limelight.

How is Slash going to lose his limelight to a cover band? Slash is still relevant because he has the common courtesy and respect to actually release new music. Axl is one big excuse. Legal this, legal that, Slash caused the tsunami in Asia so therefore the new music is delayed. How about just putting out something new or unreleased. Slash didn't play on the mythic General or Atlas Shrugged, so they can come out at any time.

How can this DVD be ready for release without all the ducks in a row? I'm confused on how this works. Wouldn't all involved secure the necessary means before even considering filming this? Like, we need the original members written conscent and that could pose a problem so let's make sure we get this first thing. For it to "be a go" and then blocked at the last minute by public enemy #1 seems unprofessional on the Axl side of things.

I'd hate to think that this one event was left available for camp Axl knowing that it would likely take place. Ever since that Vegas show in 2012 where crew confirmed that they were using 3D cameras to record for a DVD, the fans have had something to talk about. Then the trailer. What's rockfuel's thread page count now..140+? Did this keep the fans talking about something that never was going to happen because they asked Slash at the last possible minute to sign off on it? What hard evidence do we have of this...is there an actual DVD all dolled up for sale floating around? How many copies were made for sale? Do we have more hard evidence of this DVD than the cameras at the show (supposedly)?

He breathes it more than anybody in or out of the band ego tripping himself to the super bowl with Black Eyed Peas and glittery iced out top hats while selling them along with Charlie Sheen's shit coffee table to auctioneering fans so they can pay $5000.00 for courtesy. You have no clue about what goes on in a celebrities life, whether or not he was going to sing new music as Dizzy Reed is barely reliable. I respect your self proclaimed god to an extent but the person above you thinking he already heard the new dvd hahaha, isn't that cute.

Edited by Street Of The Blues