Thank You Slash

If the rumors are true (and I hope they are), I'd like to thank Slash for finally put a stop to Axl's attempt to erase Slash from GN'R. The "snake in the grass" acquisition of the band name, the Activision lawsuit, encouraging fans to dismiss and deride him, etc. Really despicable to begin with.

It's become apparent the Axl tried for a very long time to make it appear the he = Guns N' Roses. He couldn't do it through a new band. When the new band was gone he couldn't do it through new songs. When the new songs didn't succeed, he couldn't do it through lawsuits. When the lawsuits didn't succeed, Axl toured his way into North and South America with the Chinese Democracy tour. And when didn't succeed, he toured South America. When that didn't succeed, he toured under Appetite for Democracy. And when that didn't work, well I don't know. This will be interesting.

I don't see any reason why he would be touring in his state with the voice and lack of new material. The only semblance of reasoning I get is that maybe he hopes if he tours long enough people will forget about the old band and people will think Axl = GN'R. Really it was a band and Axl was a big part of it but he was never a majority contributor. They were all Guns N' Roses. If Axl doesn't like Slash or the old band then he should probably drop the old music altogether and just do his own thing.

Anyways, Slash if you are reading this, THANK YOU! Can't wait for your next album to drop.

I hope Dexter logs in and goes all-out Madison on you.

The way things are going right now I feel like a Dexter post is a possibility.

i kind of agree. i think with this and the cancellation in mexico, axl is going to explode. im hoping we get some kind of rant either in writing or when on stage.

• Like 1

Despite this being a stupid thread with many stupid posts in it, my two cents - You're all too quick to judge. Maybe it's pathetic, maybe it isn't. Could be about Slash not getting the royalties for releasing songs he's written or co-written. Maybe that's childish, maybe it's his right to do so. Maybe he's just being an asshole. Maybe he's being an asshole who's right. Maybe it's about Ashba hijacking his image. It probably isn't, but that would be the most hilarious scenario possible. Point in case - we know too little to say whether this would be an asshole thing to do or just a guy acting on his lawful rights.

• Like 3

They're both more or less assholes. Blocking releases only hurt the fans.

They should man up and release dvd's with only new, post-original Guns material. We would finally see whose dick is bigger.

Edited by jekylhyde

My last words on this issue are these:

"Who fucking started this blocking bullshit in the first place?"

Yeah.

Well Karma's a bitch isn't it?

Slash with the new AFD in 1999?

Axl is GNR since 1996, the blocking is confusing to us since we are not lawyers and do not have all the facts. We all know Saul is a bitch, if Axl blocked shit it will be bitchin' all over n alllll over the media. Like the Activision lawsuit.

Yeah.

Axl is GNR since 1996, the blocking is confusing to us since we are not lawyers and do not have all the facts. We all know Saul is a bitch, if Axl blocked shit it will be bitchin' all over n alllll over the media. Like the Activision lawsuit.

Well, I still think Bill was the one who started it.

Yeah.

Well, I still think Bill was the one who started it.

with no proof, facts whatsoever. I blame him too, just cos i don't like his hair.

Slash is the one who quit GNR. This is a total dick move. And the fans get screwed again.

That's the main thing. Some will say Axl push him to leave. But like Keith Richard said to Slash, you just don't quit your band.. ever.

Axl should appear at a Slash concert mic in hand and settle this shit. Then, they should, while holding hands, announce the release of the Made In Stoke DVD in the US and the Appetite For Democracy DVD worldwide. Axl would get all money from Slash's sales and Slash would get all money from Axl's sales. :D

To be fair, this new GN'R dvd was looking like shit anyways (no offense to RockFuel, but the advertising was fucking ridiculous, nobody promotes a dvd like that nowadays, unless you're really low on cash or still living in the late 80's), Axl's voice was weak and it wasn't on par with the 2010 shows.

Slash's move if true is low but both Axl and Slash are acting like kids. That being said, I'm still enjoying "Serial Killer" in my car, and of course "Coma". They did the best they could in their youth and inspired generations, that's the only thing that matters.

To be fair, this new GN'R dvd was looking like shit anyways (no offense to RockFuel, but the advertising was fucking ridiculous, nobody promotes a dvd like that nowadays, unless you're really low on cash or still living in the late 80's), Axl's voice was weak and it wasn't on par with the 2010 shows.

Slash's move if true is low but both Axl and Slash are acting like kids. That being said, I'm still enjoying "Serial Killer" in my car, and of course "Coma". They did the best they could in their youth and inspired generations, that's the only thing that matters.

lol, I agree... that ad alone should be a good reason for this to never see the light of day. UNTIL NOW!

Edited by ProstituteComa

This just goes to show that Slash is as big an asshole as Axl if not more. Axl has never shared his view and therefore public opinion is always on Slash's side. I'm not saying Axl is not at fault, just that it takes two. These two really need to get together face to face and either duke it out, or come up with some kind of mutual respect and understanding. Either way they need to man up and stop hiding behind lawyers.

I think that a person who openly says he HATES Slash should not only be banned from the forum, but from the internet, and seek medical help. How can you hate someone you don't even know?

And before anyone call me an Axl hater, I ask you to find posts where I say I hate him.

Kinda on topic: Yeah, thank you Slash, if you're the one blocking the release, you're helping Axl to avoid some huge critisism. Unless Axl re-recorded all the vocals for the DVD.

Unless Axl re-recorded all the vocals for the DVD.

Yes, with vocal tracks he actually recorded 15-20 years ago and has had sitting in his vault for just such an occasion.

If he did it recently? I hope they pro-tooled the hell out of them to make him sound somewhat like he used to.