The Dress Thread

Lithium

I thought that kind of hairdos have always been done. But hell no, if it's really too trendy I would suggest something less '14. I suggest a good mullet. I tell you, in 10 years they are back and you will look at the photos and love it. You could aslo live in today, but probably that's just a stupid idea.

Edited by Thin White Duke

Jennifer+Lawrence+Updos+Loose+Bun+L3MKcn

Uuugh, there's nothing I hate more than a 'side do'.

i actually like side dos. i just think a girl's hair in the picture is a bit of a mess. i prefer when it looks more neat, maybe like this

hx8xl4.jpg

v5l8np.jpg

or just a ponytail

21q5jm.jpg

A strapless dress is all about boning.

For me every dress is all about boning.

Crushed it. I'm out.

I never make a dress or put on a dress without thinking about the boning factor. :P

Did I tell you about the time I was at work and super tired from lack of sleep and cut into my hand? It was terrible. I was up to the point where I had to put the boning in the dress and I wasn't paying proper attention and because the boning is very stiff I really hacked my scissors into it without realising that the side of my hand was making contact with the boning. Uuugh, I cut straight into my left hand and blood started gushing down to my wrist. It was gross. This was all before my 10 am coffee break. I still have a scar to show for it. I much prefer boning a dress with sufficient caffeine in my veins now. ;)

Gia? Is that you?

Nah, just bored of him going into the soccer/football thread and calling it gay, then the World Cup, then the workout thread, then the dress thread... He hates life, great, stop trying to drag us down with you. I quite like this whole life business.

Anyway, we're getting off topic so let's return to the original thread:

If Red posts it'll be something I find horrific that's apparently fashionable from the catwalk, or we'll see Gracii's talented handywork, or maybe ARQ will show off a hairdo for us to dissect and tear apart... Ladies, take it from here!

• Like 1

or we'll see Gracii's talented handywork

*blushes* Thank you, you're one a few people this weekend who have been complementary of my sewing. I started working on a new dress today, after finishing the black one on Friday night. It might be a while before I post anything new! :)

or we'll see Gracii's talented handywork

*blushes* Thank you, you're one a few people this weekend who have been complementary of my sewing. I started working on a new dress today, after finishing the black one on Friday night. It might be a while before I post anything new! :)

Thank you ^_^ I love it! (excuse my bleh face)

2014-06-29131837_zpsbf30c4ca.jpg

Gia? Is that you?

Nah, just bored of him going into the soccer/football thread and calling it gay, then the World Cup, then the workout thread, then the dress thread... He hates life, great, stop trying to drag us down with you. I quite like this whole life business.

Anyway, we're getting off topic so let's return to the original thread:

If Red posts it'll be something I find horrific that's apparently fashionable from the catwalk, or we'll see Gracii's talented handywork, or maybe ARQ will show off a hairdo for us to dissect and tear apart... Ladies, take it from here!

The objective of fashion is to garner a reaction. If you find something horrific that's equally complimentary as fantastic. Nothing spells the death knell in fashion quicker than boredom or indifference. As the magnificent Diana Vreeland (editor of Vogue and Harpers Bazaar from 1936-1971) once said:

Never fear being vulgar, just boring

LOVE that quote. :awesomeface:

I don't believe that vulgar can ever be boring. I think vulgar is a variable that is ever changing and is relevant to the time we live in. What was considered vulgar in the 50s is now commonplace. That doesn't mean it's still the definition of vulgar.

As a bride-to-be, who has run out of episodes of British bastion of dignified marriage, Don't Tell The Bride, I decided to check out "Say Yes To The Dress". I feel as though I've missed out on an important experience of being a bride: trying on all the dresses I want and being told I look stunning/beautiful etc. by my friends, and of course, the rare luxury of spending your life's savings on a designer dress you will get eight hours wear from. The only people who have seen my dress in it's finished form are anyone who's read this thread, and nobody but myself has seen me wearing it.

It's very lightly entertaining, with crying brides, crying mums and overworked sales staff. Makes me pity Kim all the more.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDDszj1bqk

I'm thinking that there's a gap in the market for women who want to wear a nice wedding dress to their spec, but can't afford anything like the average dress price, who don't want to buy online from China. Maybe I should work on about ten different styles all in a duchess satin, run off the dresses, then add embellishments to the request of the bride (I'm pretty sure that it's embellishments which make or break the deal for most dresses). For a one-woman job, the outgoings would be pretty low, a bride could get what they wanted for an affordable price and I'd have pocket money. :)