The Dress Thread

Lithium

Because thats the point of your wedding you silly so and so, it's meant to be that one day with that one perfect dress, not stuff you'd wear on ordinary days or you'd go in dungarees or stone-wash Wranglers. Come to that, if you wear stone-wash Wranglers at any time it'll look shite :lol:

You tell it's the same designer, love that wrist thing. You need to get round the dress place and try em on, see how they look on you as opposed to other birds. Your Mum might be right about pushing so much in the early knockings cuz, y'know, you wanna get the right thing and that :)

Edited by Len B'stard

Because thats the point of your wedding you silly so and so, it's meant to be that one day with that one perfect dress, not stuff you'd wear on ordinary days or you'd go in dungarees or stone-wash Wranglers. Come to that, if you wear stone-wash Wranglers at any time it'll look shite :lol:

You tell it's the same designer, love that wrist thing. You need to get round the dress place and try em on, see how they look on you as opposed to other birds. Your Mum might be right about pushing so much in the early knockings cuz, y'know, you wanna get the right thing and that :)

Not paying designer prices -_- I've decided I'm happy with a replica, it's not like anyone can tell the difference and it's how it looks and feels that's important. Shopping will be for research purposes only :lol:

Found a version of that last dress custom made online for £175 but only for the next 58 hours...eep

Not made a decent dress since my wedding dress (though I do have plans for a few stunners this summer). This is my latest investment dress. I saved up and bought it for interviews. I love it because it is very warm, great for the colder seasons. It's a dress with full-length sleeves, which is very rare. The downside is that it is noticeably heavy and will snag easily, as it is knitted. Also bagged it in the sale for £65. At full price it would have been £195.

rc10dv.jpg

Not made a decent dress since my wedding dress (though I do have plans for a few stunners this summer). This is my latest investment dress. I saved up and bought it for interviews. I love it because it is very warm, great for the colder seasons. It's a dress with full-length sleeves, which is very rare. The downside is that it is noticeably heavy and will snag easily, as it is knitted. Also bagged it in the sale for £65. At full price it would have been £195.

rc10dv.jpg

Hot ;)

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding crude, shallow and objectifying a pair of knockers'd do that picture the power of good :lol:

It does suit me. *blushes*

I might get to be a bridal model next week. My boss' partner makes wedding dresses and she can't find anyone who can fit the dress of this Italian lady she's made one for. I'm still too small, but am happy anyway as I secretly always wanted one of her dresses but couldn't afford one, even after a friendship discount!

I think that's applicable to anything and everything in life Lenny.

I feel it might alter the tone of The Mona Lisa in a way that detracts from its established merits.
Well yeah, but tits.

Dont be so suburbanly preoccupied with sex Johnathan, theres a good lad :lol:

I think thats fucking brilliant Grace, i really do! The black spots make it look like a kind of almost mad floral, do you see that or is that just me? That looks the absolute bollocks, what you gonna make with it?

Thanks Len. Yes, I see what you mean with the black spots making it look floral. It's very evocative of an Emile Nolde painting.

I ask for feedback because I don't trust my own taste with this one. It *is* very bright, and while I see those details, I'm worried that everyone else will see:

2w1xmat.jpg

I was planning to make a dress in this kind of shape, but a bit longer. 2gvpo54.jpg

Edited by Gracii Guns

I think it'd look fantastic. Kinda nods to the 60s a little bit but its not oppressively retro with it...and in a longer dress it'd be really different, you need to get on that young lady :) The more i look at it the more i like it, you can see Jackson Pollock in it almost but then its kinda cohesive too with the floral feel, you got a good eye for this stuff y'know.