Absolutely shocking performance by Dj Ashba in Buenos Aires

Guest NGOG

Are we sure Axl and BBF were laughing at DJ? Seems like we're making a bit of an assumption there.

Well they're not laughing in awe of his playing, unless it's in awe of how surprisingly bad it is and it caught them off guard :D

Right, but how do we know it's about DJ at all? How do we know it's not just some meaningless onstage banter? I'm obviously not protecting DJ here - he sucks - but from watching the video I don't see how it's definite that they were making fun of him. I could be wrong.

What ? You mean we've been NGOG'ed again ??

Regarding the Patience video, pathetic antics by Axl. He hires DJ, takes him to interviews and then when DJ fucks up he sides with? Bumblefoot. The guy who gets miserable treatment from management and not too mnay years ago was pushed and shoved by Axl's security (there's video with proof). :lol:

Are we sure Axl and BBF were laughing at DJ? Seems like we're making a bit of an assumption there.

Well they're not laughing in awe of his playing, unless it's in awe of how surprisingly bad it is and it caught them off guard :D

Right, but how do we know it's about DJ at all? How do we know it's not just some meaningless onstage banter? I'm obviously not protecting DJ here - he sucks - but from watching the video I don't see how it's definite that they were making fun of him. I could be wrong.

What ? You mean we've been NGOG'ed again ??
I'm pretty sure that being a GNR fan is, by definition, being NGOG'ed
  • Like 3

Right, but how do we know it's about DJ at all? How do we know it's not just some meaningless onstage banter?

What happens: Dj plays the worst Patience solo in the history of GNR, Axl is genuinely quite pissed and just stands there looking directly at Dj's position on the stage, Bumblefoot looks up and smirks to as if to say 'I know' (that's the part that you really have to look for), then they change the subject for the sake of their own sanity.

Christ, I bet Axl had the famous stare of death under those shades.

PAA-000202.jpg

Hopefully he had a few choice words for Ashba afterwards, his vocals aren't up to standard yet but he cares a lot about putting on a hell of a show and that was awful, DJ isn't too terrible but he has a track record of screwing things up.

Could Ashba's latest tweet be in response to this thread ? Seven hours ago he thanks everyone for the support and now this: "IThankTheHatersForBeingMyMotivation."

His motivation? His fucking motivation should be to actually learn and improve his solos, you know, his actual role in the band is to recreate classic solos to a competent degree. He wouldn't get as much hate if he concentrated on his guitar first and foremost, his swag or demented dead dinosaurs or pirate booty income second, his rejected-from-the-cantankerous-circus-tent-I-drink-and-smoke-soooo-much-because-i'm-scarred-clown gimmick third and his horrific hashtags and constant advertisements as if he has a metal plate in his demented head that inadvertently receives and thus reciprocates every five minutes last.

Guest Gunns

Could Ashba's latest tweet be in response to this thread ? Seven hours ago he thanks everyone for the support and now this: "IThankTheHatersForBeingMyMotivation."

His motivation? His fucking motivation should be to actually learn and improve his solos, you know, his actual role in the band is to recreate classic solos to a competent degree. He wouldn't get as much hate if he concentrated on his guitar first and foremost, his swag or demented dead dinosaurs or pirate booty income second, his rejected-from-the-cantankerous-circus-tent-I-drink-and-smoke-soooo-much-because-i'm-scarred-clown gimmick third and his horrific hashtags and constant advertisements as if he has a metal plate in his demented head that inadvertently receives and thus reciprocates every five minutes last.

so by dj's logic, the more people who call him out on the bad solos, the more likelihood he will have motivation to actually learn and practice the guitar parts.

Keep up the great work everyone, we are all helping DJ improve by criticizing him :D

• Like 1

For 5 years people have pointed out how utterly fkng terrible this guy is. I guess when you have Axl Rose starring at the guy on stage motionless it's a bit hard to defend the indefensible any longer.

The guy has been in the band for 5 years and doesn't even appear to be a guitar player let alone have his parts down. How can this go on? How can Axl bring a guy like this into the band as the lead guitarist when at absolute best he should be in Fall Out Boy, Hanson or 30 seconds to mars.

Imagine being Richard or Shank, having to look at this hashtag bullyville warrior every night butchering his parts, knowing that you can play rings around him and this is the guy that gets labelled the lead guitarist. You'd quit out of protest on that alone. BBF's look on his face to Axl is basically saying "Oh well that's your lead guitarist bro.......happy?"

I've got an idea as well. How about Ashba starts wearing a Nascar jumpsuit with all his endorsements/sponsors clearly listed. He might as well. Maybe someone in the GNR camp can read this thread and have a chat to the kid and tell him that he is actually a guitar player in GNR, he might actually want to practice a little. Can someone please teach the guy how to bend properly??? Every video his bends are pathetic. It's like they picked some emo tween out and lumped a guitar in his hands and said ok have a play around on stage, try and figure the stuff out as we play.

It's just another day in the GNR universe where you have to just scratch your head and try and think that surely it cannot get any worse from here....................

Edited by JoePerry954
  • Like 2

They wanted Dave Navarro - they got DJ Ashba. DJ must have impressed Axl during his time in Beautiful Creatures, but that whole thing was Sharon O's doing.

It's not terrible as you all are saying, but it should be like an old school Rod Stewart song - what would Ronnie Wood do for a solo?

Patience shouldn't even have an electric guitar solo, even back when Slash performed it, but for arenas it's needed to give it that extra oomph. If Derek Trucks had wound up in GNR, I wonder how his solo would have worked on the song.

Edited by dalsh327

It just bemuses the shit out of me how defiant he is to the ''hate'' as if it's some unjust crusade, Buckethead looked pretty damn bizarre but the man is some phenomenal player, BBF looks weird sometimes but he is a phenomenal player, Ashba looks a little bag of cliches - he doesn't have the talent to pull his 'character' schtick off to anyone other than those not concerned about the music, just subscribing to a Dementoid who spews out cute hashtags.

I am coming to accept even tho I've tried to give the guy some slack. that he needs to leave the band, he hasn't inspired Axl in the studio and his other work isn't particularly brilliant. I like Ballad of Death but most people who play guitar can come up with great compositions often. it wouldn't be as bad if his focus was actually playing the guitar so we got some improvement or sign of intelligence with the instrument, he's NOT as bad as his fuck ups which sounds funny but he is miles behind the calibre of a GNR lead. Finck was sloppy but you knew the guy could play. I've been a trifle kind to Ashba, but the more I look into him, he masks it with his stage presence (which is enthusiastic but at the price of substance) and all the other sideshows you see around him. The guy is irritating beyond belief, nice guy I'm sure but he isn't what the band really needs and kinda insults the coveted position of ''lead guitarist''.

• Like 2

Guest Gunns

Bring the torches and forks ... Kill the beast!!!

torches-and-pitch-forks.png

Torches aren't needed here, just a few guitar lessons #motivatingDJ Edited by Gunns

I wish DJ put as much motivation into his guitar playing, as he does with making sure he has enough eyeliner on, a new rad emo haircut and his store stocked with plenty of DJ Ashba Demented Swag.

#DEMENTED #SWAG #EMBRACEDAH8 #ROCKGODLIFE #ILUVH8TERZ #NOTHNIBUTJEALOUSH8 #MONSTER #CONQUERPENTATONICSCALE #SLAMDOORSINHOTELMANAGERSFACES.

This guy might be the biggest piece of shit in the history of the band, and that is saying a lot when you consider that TB has had that position on mortal lock for a decade plus now.

It is a big call with Mr. Ferrari on the drums, but I think warranted.....