Absolutely shocking performance by Dj Ashba in Buenos Aires

Guest NGOG

Honestly? I think you're all over reacting sorry. I'm clearly alone on that but just watched it; it was a tad sloppy but Robin? Slash wasn't perfect guys -- he always improvised that part of patience live *shrugs* so whilst it wasn't great as usual, some of you just use it as an ideal time to slag him off IMO.

Slash was and still is on another level. Dj is a joke. His patience solo was an abomination.

Erm yeah, I love slash but I'm not disputing who better -- I'm stating his solos weren't always great; I know mate I've seen him live enough times ;)

Not always great, but most of the time Slash's solos were MUCH better. He is far more consistent as a guitarist compared to Ashba. Cool that you got to see a lot of Guns shows. :)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

There's artists I'm not a fan of that I can at least see why people like them. Even with someone like Bieber, I have to admit the guy can sing. But I just don't get why DJ has fans. Is it the Nightmare Before Christmas/Hot Topic schtick? What songs of his do his fans point to and say "that's a masterpiece"?

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

There's artists I'm not a fan of that I can at least see why people like them. Even with someone like Bieber, I have to admit the guy can sing. But I just don't get why DJ has fans. Is it the Nightmare Before Christmas/Hot Topic schtick? What songs of his do his fans point to and say "that's a masterpiece"?

you're missing the point, its the #cheesyuseofhashtags that is the reasons for the dj love

you're missing the point, its the #cheesyuseofhashtags that is the reasons for the dj love

Hah, but in all seriousness, he does seem to have had a decent-sized #demented fan base before all this social media malarkey and joining Guns. Why? Connection to Motley Crüe? Beautiful Creatures? What is it?

Honestly? I think you're all over reacting sorry. I'm clearly alone on that but just watched it; it was a tad sloppy but Robin? Slash wasn't perfect guys -- he always improvised that part of patience live *shrugs* so whilst it wasn't great as usual, some of you just use it as an ideal time to slag him off IMO.

It wasn´t only that weird riff during Patience. He also took the stage during the BBF and Richard jammin´ to do his own show infront of crow. Waving his arms and point his hands at himself. He disrespected his band mates performance. He acted like a clown.

Hah, but in all seriousness, he does seem to have had a decent-sized #demented fan base before all this social media malarkey and joining Guns. Why? Connection to Motley Crüe? Beautiful Creatures? What is it?
95% of his Twitter followers are likely fake.

I think a lot of fans on this board overstate his popularity outside of Guns. His one and only achievement was that he helped co-write one minor hit for Nikki Sixx's crappy side project band. And that was hardly an international smash, I wouldn't even know about it if I weren't a member of this forum.

Edited by Towelie

As I said before, if you ever meet Dj, he is a very nice person. But when you have somebody like Bumblefoot who just nails everything he's given - same applies to Richard - it's hard to stomach such average guitar playing.

Couple this with him jumping into the crowd when Axl had already attempted to calm them down (so as to prevent tragedy). He just lacks the intelligence for what is otherwise a sophisticated band.

Edited by NGOG

Teenage girl mentality. I don't know the exact specifics behind why they fall for feminine men in make-up who ooze fake danger, but they just do.

But there's loads of those guys who are infinitely more talented. I know a lot of his Twitter followers are fake, but it's still weird to see his real fans be so passionate and effusive about him.

As I said before, if you ever meet Dj, he is a very nice person. But when you have somebody like Bumblefoot who just nails everything he's given - same applies to Richard - it's hard to stomach such average guitar playing.

Couple this with him jumping into the crowd when Axl had already attempted to calm them down (so as to prevent tragedy). He just lacks the intelligence for what is otherwise a sophisticated band.

I do feel bad for ragging on him since he does come across as nice IRL, but there's a lot of expectations when you're the lead guitar player of GNR. I could forgive things like the Taipei TIL solo since it was early in the game for him, and Slash and Finck made their fair share of mistakes, but it's been 5 years now.

My thing with DJ continues to be this: I don't begrudge him for being a businessman. Dude wanted to go into business for himself, he did and it's turned out quite nicely for him. I don't hold any of that against him. My problem with him begins with the fact that I just don't like his guitar playing for the most part. He does some things here and there that I really do like, but I'd say I don't like about 90% of what he plays.

All of that aside, in watching this video again I find my self more embarrassed by Axl than DJ. Axl being puzzled by and laughing at DJs bad guitar playing would be just fine... if DJ weren't in chosen to be in GN'R by Axl.

All of that aside, in watching this video again I find my self more embarrassed by Axl than DJ. Axl being puzzled by and laughing at DJs bad guitar playing would be just fine... if DJ weren't in chosen to be in GN'R by Axl.

Not only that but I genuinely think that DJ is better than Axl at what he is doing nowadays...

Guest Gunns

Are we sure Axl and BBF were laughing at DJ? Seems like we're making a bit of an assumption there.

Well they're not laughing in awe of his playing, unless it's in awe of how surprisingly bad it is and it caught them off guard :D

Are we sure Axl and BBF were laughing at DJ? Seems like we're making a bit of an assumption there.

Well they're not laughing in awe of his playing, unless it's in awe of how surprisingly bad it is and it caught them off guard :D

Right, but how do we know it's about DJ at all? How do we know it's not just some meaningless onstage banter? I'm obviously not protecting DJ here - he sucks - but from watching the video I don't see how it's definite that they were making fun of him. I could be wrong.
  • Like 1