Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

My mistake. Of course we're retarded enough to make something out of nothing; we're GNR fans.

Let us bash somebody else for 15 minutes, Axl and DJ need a rest.
Then let's at least talk about real shit like moobs and ribfest and boring ass solo music. :lol:
  • Like 1

Those of you who think Slash is jealous...could you please explain what in the hell Slash would have to be jealous of??? Axl and his Vegas tribute band is a pathetic and embarrassing mess. Duff has to be saying to himself "what was I thinking"...

Nothing here indicates jealousy or bitterness. Just the same neutral, diplomatic response he's been giving for the last 8 years.

Exactly.

it's funny, people complain that there are too many "haters" and "cupcakes" on here that continually bash Axl/TB/DJ for no reason.......yet the Mods let a poster like iftheworld post his idiotic crap. Trolling is trolling, regardless if it is pro-Axl or negative comments against Slash. It adds nothing to the forum except causes people to argue.

Slash is just about to drop a new album, is about to go on tour with Aerosmith. Why in the world would he be angry and bitter that Duff is playing five shows with GnR? The cupcakes on here make no sense at all.

And seriously, does anybody over the age of 15 really constantly use the word butthurt?

Those of you who think Slash is jealous...could you please explain what in the hell Slash would have to be jealous of??? Axl and his Vegas tribute band is a pathetic and embarrassing mess. Duff has to be saying to himself "what was I thinking"...

Axl and his Vegas band are doing much better than Slash and his bar band.

Mods is it ok if I use this as the starting point towards the Axl vs. Slash flame war or should I wait a few more pages? Just kidding.

Edited by iftheworld

Yes, Axl with the strength of the GnR name/brand is doing better than Slash in terms of audience size. Though, you have to wonder how Axl would do if he wasn't using the GnR name and wasn't playing all the songs that Slash helped make famous. How would he do as The Axl Rose band, featuring 3-4 GnR songs and 20 songs NOT created by the classic line-up?????

In terms of releasing albums for their FANS to enjoy......I suppose Slash is doing better on that route. Slash actually releases albums for his fans every couple of years, as compared to Axl who is on a one-album per 20 year cycle.

• Like 1

Mods is it ok if I use this as the starting point towards the Axl vs. Slash flame war or should I wait a few more pages?

It's a legitimate question...I can't imagine any reason why Slash would be jealous of Axl, Axl's band or Duff.

Yes, Axl with the strength of the GnR name/brand is doing better than Slash in terms of audience size. Though, you have to wonder how Axl would do if he wasn't using the GnR name and wasn't playing all the songs that Slash helped make famous. How would he do as The Axl Rose band, featuring 3-4 GnR songs and 20 songs NOT created by the classic line-up?????

In terms of releasing albums for their FANS to enjoy......I suppose Slash is doing better on that route. Slash actually releases albums for his fans every couple of years, as compared to Axl who is on a one-album per 20 year cycle.

Did I say I gave a shit about your excuses somewhere? I was lying if so.

Mods is it ok if I use this as the starting point towards the Axl vs. Slash flame war or should I wait a few more pages? Just kidding.

No, but seriously. Let's not turn this into another Slash vs Axl topic guys.... you know where those lead.

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

Now that i look at it, he couldn't really say much else. Were reading into it too much

Or maybe he's legally obligated to not saying anything since he's blocking dvd releases.

#fueltherockfuelrelease

Now that i look at it, he couldn't really say much else. Were reading into it too much

Or maybe he's legally obligated to not saying anything since he's blocking dvd releases.

You should be legally obligated to OD on sleeping pills.

Reading that comment It seemed like he is a tad pissed about the situation but he's not going to let on... maybe not. The fact is, if Slash was pissing about with Myles Duff would be playing with him so he obviously can't be too pissed with Duff.

Finally I don't think Slash would gain anything from commenting positively or negatively about this, he really could only say he's not concerned by it in the slightest. If he said he was happy for Duff and Axl, the rest of the public and weirdos (forum people) would jump on it and say... REUNION!! if he says anything bad, he's painted out to be jealous and that doesn't work for his cool persona. Slash has a record coming out so he probably wants all eyes on that, and in recent years he's commented less and less about what GnR are doing or who plays with them. If I could of asked him a follow up question though it would have been "did you block the AFD movie release" that's a question that would be very interesting indeed, and even a non answer speaks volumes.

But after years of Slash/Duff vs Axl, and part of Slash being the good guy was "proven" because Duff sided with him...now Duff and Axl are buddies and Duff is playing under the GNR name he and Slash claimed to have been screwed out of...I doubt it would ruin his relationship with Duff but I'd be he's not thrilled about it.

If I could of asked him a follow up question though it would have been "did you block the AFD movie release" that's a question that would be very interesting indeed, and even a non answer speaks volumes.

A nonanswer would be the appropriate response to a retarded question like that. Punching you would also be acceptable.

Hmm the most interesting part about that quote to me was "I'd never get a call like that to my address" he didn't say I'd never take that call or something to that extent.. I understand it may be a rough translation but that doesn't sound like a man who would not take a call from ol uncle Axl