Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

You have to wonder if slash and duff had a falling out or something. Everyone in Vr seemed good to go with Corey Taylor on vox but slash blew it up. Then he went and did his solo thing and left the other guys in the cold. Yeah they had their own projects but it would be nothing like VR. I would hardly say Duff joined up with Axl to intentionally hurt slash, but I'm not sure Duff is too concerned with how Slash feels about it.

Edited by TeeJay410

He acknowledges that Duff's relationship with Axl differs greatly from his own relationship with Axl. Honest enough answer to me and I don't think he holds any resentment towards this event.

Absolutely this

No hard feelings, I'm not judging Duff, he's a nice guy

Where the hell did that come from? :lol:

Usually when someone prefaces something with 'I'm not judging' that's exactly what they're doing.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's passive aggressive annoyance disguised as cool. There's no way he's not a little bit pissed at Duff considering this follows the dvd war.

• Like 1

No hard feelings, I'm not judging Duff, he's a nice guy

Where the hell did that come from? :lol:

Usually when someone prefaces something with 'I'm not judging' that's exactly what they're doing.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's passive aggressive annoyance disguised as cool. There's no way he's not a little bit pissed at Duff considering this follows the dvd war.

I'm going with this one :) I think Slash is annoyed at least a bit about Duff's temporary return, but he's also annoyed by the question, that's why he reacts that way. At least, that's what I think. Don't care enough about it to defend it in a vigorous way though :lol:

Slash probably wanted Myles to be the lead singer of VR, but I'm sure Duff said no.

Anyways this is dumb, Slash should stop trying so hard to rejoin Guns. It's embarrassing at this point.

Myles turned them down on the VR job.

It was Duff's idea to call him for the Hall of Fame.

There is no riff with Slash/Duff.

• Like 1

Slash probably wanted Myles to be the lead singer of VR, but I'm sure Duff said no.

Anyways this is dumb, Slash should stop trying so hard to rejoin Guns. It's embarrassing at this point.

You are ruining the lies that make the truth way more exciting...thanks!

Anyways I think it's funny that Axl has GNR and Slash has his VR. Kinda shows why they split up. Both just want full control.

Slash should stop trying so hard to rejoin Guns.

Please, show me where exactly is Slash trying to rejoin Guns?

He hides this info under his top hat.

But ok I'll be serious. Slash doesn't want to rejoin Guns. He wants to get control back. It's the reason Axl and Slash don't get along. They both need full control. They became two huge stars. Neither can bare working for someone else. Slash's freakin band name is...Slash! Axl controls GNR, no matter how hard it is for him to get anything done he still keeps the band name because it's his. These guys have huge egos and their relationship doesn't work because of this. Neither will be humbled any time soon. They make too much.

You are ruining the lies that make the truth way more exciting...thanks!

Anyways I think it's funny that Axl has GNR and Slash has his VR. Kinda shows why they split up. Both just want full control.

Myles Kennedy: "It was brought up at the Golden Gods awards on April 11 in Los Angeles]. [slash and I] were getting ready to [perform at the event] and Duff [McKagan, former GUNS N' ROSES bassist, who was presenting an award at Golden Gods] brought up the idea of perhaps playing at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction. At first I was hesitant. I felt like… The magnitude of its was so huge and I just didn't feel like I could step into that. But the more I thought about it, they just wanted to play for their fans and just have a good time. And I was like, 'You know, they don't wanna let their fans down and I don't wanna let them down.' So I just tried to kind of sing with the melodies and sing the lyrics the best I could and just stay out of the way. It was about them, it wasn't about me. . . It took about 24 hours for me to man up [and decide to actually go ahead and perform with them at the induction]. 'Cause, obviously, you can't step into those shoes — you just can't — so I just did the best I could."

Slash: "The rest of the guys/inductees suggested we get Myles to sing," says Slash, "and I thought it was a great idea."

is there anybody to confirm this is a good translation?

I suspect the comment would be different if it was duff rejoining gnr permanently.

Yes, it's a good translation. Don't know if the original English>Italian translation was any good though ;)

I think it´s a little bit of everything. When he says "no hard feelings" He means he realationship with Duff is still the same. But when he says he will never get a call from Axl. I think he is hurt and sad at the situation. Maybe Slash is surprised to find out that Axl and Duff are a lot closer than he imagine they were.

Slash isn't mad he's just hurt. He's hurt inside. Poor child.

Reading your posts you get a real whiff of desperate glee...its like you need to jump on stuff like this from Slash and distort it to keep your own little cruscade going.

If Axl was doing such a fine job and you were truely happy, you'd do what Slash says and not care.

If Axl had done what he promised, Slash should be a footnote in GNR's history by now, instead there the Slash-shaped hole in GNR that has if anything been made even bigger by Duff in recent days.

Whether Slash is pissed or not is irrelevant, this is Axl's problem now.

Thats pretty much EXACTLY the response I'd expect from Slash. I see it as "you know what, you're trying to get me to either trash it or praise it, and I'm not gonna do either. I don't really care."

Despite what the Axlites say here, THIS

Slash sounds like he doesn't really care really

He knows that he never got a call like this, that's all

I'd be piss if I were Slash, Duff essentially undermined everything he and Slash had been working on for the past 20 years. That is to say GnR is their band to and now Duff is just a hired Gun the opposite of what Slash intended.

Those of you who think Slash is jealous...could you please explain what in the hell Slash would have to be jealous of??? Axl and his Vegas tribute band is a pathetic and embarrassing mess. Duff has to be saying to himself "what was I thinking"...

Axl and his Vegas band are doing much better than Slash and his bar band.

In all honesty ANYBODY with the GNR brandname would do MUCH better :lol:

Y'know it's funny that you still defend Axl

I'm sorry but Slash's quote screams passive aggressive to me, especially the "I don't care" part.

It's not neutral at all. Neutral would be "Duff is free to play with whoever he wants to."

Edited by Towelie