Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

Slash don't care about GNR at all, yet he's blocking shit.

I can't respect Slash if he's not telling the truth.

It's not so difficult to say: "hey, i don't give a shit, unless they pay me good $". Or, "i hope Axl forgives me and let me do a couple of shows" He would still look cool.

Do you often walk before microphones and happily enough reveal darker, uglier corners of your soul " just because".

It is not how world works. It is part of the human nature to keep the ugly to yourself. I am 100% sure you can think of a million examples from your own behaviour and life where this applies.

You don't see DJ giving interviews where he declares "I literally can not stop whoring myself shamelessly for money for one fucking second because I am a gigantic whore and stain to name of gnr please spit on me I suck."

Edited by LTD

Just say this in ultimateclassicrock.com:

image.jpg

The story is neutral, but the pictures show a butt hurt Slash and a stupid looking Duff. God I hate the media.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-reunion/

So based on the picture you could determine Slash is butt hurt?

Head down, brooding. Yep. That looks like a man who's butt hurts. Kidding. But seriously though, looking down like he's brooding and the picture is a little dark, it's meant to give you the feeling he's bothered by something. Duff's goofy look is supposed to look like someone who's been caught doing something wrong.

Anyway. I wasn't trying to imply that Slash is in fact butthurt, I'm saying that ultimate classic rock is implying it with the pictures it's using, and I think it's BS.

So the key part that everyone who wanted to read into shit read into - "nice guy" - isn't even part of the real quote? :lol:

This is the NGOGest thread ever.

Not sure what you're talking about, but "That call to me is just not going to happen" is the absolute surest proof of definite pure butthurt that anybody will ever be able to find.

• Like 1

Do we even know if this interview is real? Do we even know if Slash did try to block the blu ray?

Somebody on this forum said they "heard" through a friend that Slash blocked it just to spite Axl.

From that, of course, all the Slash haters took it and ran and added their own twist to make Slash look as bad as possible.

Do we even know if this interview is real? Do we even know if Slash did try to block the blu ray?

Somebody on this forum said they "heard" through a friend that Slash blocked it just to spite Axl.

From that, of course, all the Slash haters took it and ran and added their own twist to make Slash look as bad as possible.

UK Subs said that he heard it through his sources. Nice attempt to spin it though.

UK Subs said that he heard it through his sources. Nice attempt to spin it though.

Sigh.

Always itching to fight with somebody.

What did I spin?

UK is part of the forum. Yes?

He heard it from a source. OK, my bad. I said "friend." Maybe they aren't friends.

Who was the source? Beta? Del? Fernando? Jarmo?

Did this source also tell him why the label won't release another album from GnR? Or does this "source" only know things that are related to Slash?

Is this the same source that other guys on here have used for stories that turned out to be false?

You believe an anonymous source.

I don't.

Why so angry? You seem to be in full attack mode today. Everything OK?

Sigh.

What did I spin?

He heard it from a source. OK, my bad. I said "friend." Maybe they aren't friends.

Did this source also tell him why the label won't release another album from GnR? Or does this "source" only know things that are related to Slash?

Is this the same source that other guys on here have used for stories that turned out to be false?

I don't.

:lol: Angry. It was the same source that gave us full details about this tour months before it occured, they must know something related to GN'R. Are you telling me that you're ignorant enough to believe that someone inside the GN'R camp wouldn't know why the Blu-Ray was cancelled?

UK SUBS said that one of his sources *thought* Slash was doing it to spite Axl. Nice attempt to spin it, though.

UK SUBS said that one of his sources *thought* Slash was doing it to spite Axl. Nice attempt to spin it, though.

Learn to understand what you read, then come back and show me where I said that they said it as a fact.

Learn to understand what you read, then come back and show me where I said that they said it as a fact.

If you're wrong, you're wrong. What is Groghan spinning if you only wanted to point out that it was a 'source' instead of a 'friend'?

Don't make it too obvious. :shrugs:

If you're wrong, you're wrong. What is Groghan spinning if you only wanted to point out that it was a 'source' instead of a 'friend'?

Make what too obvious? Until you can learn to understand what you read and tell me where I stated it as fact, the only one wrong here is you.

Make what too obvious? Until you can learn to understand what you read and tell me where I stated it as fact, the only one wrong here is you.

Answer the question. Oh wait, you can't. Alright, show's over. Thanks.

Spinning that it was some average forum poster with a friend that probably doesn't know anything. That was easy. Now, can you learn to understand what you read and point out where I stated anything as fact? If not, enjoy being wrong.

Sigh.

What did I spin?

I don't.

:lol: Angry. It was the same source that gave us full details about this tour months before it occured, they must know something related to GN'R. Are you telling me that you're ignorant enough to believe that someone inside the GN'R camp wouldn't know why the Blu-Ray was cancelled?

I just don't believe everything I hear that is second hand information from somebody who refuses to attach their name to it.

Are you telling me that you're ignorant enough to believe that somebody inside the GnR came wouldn't put forth negative information about Slash out to the public?

Maybe you take Fernando's word as gospel. I don't.

If Slash said "I'm not signing this out of pure spite, just so I can screw Axl over".......then why hasn't that information been made public? Why is this GnR "source" refusing to attach their name to what happened?

Seems pretty unprofessional and cheesy to not go public with this news, but instead to leak it to a GnR fan forum.

Oh, my inside sources told me that Axl is blocking the rapid fire release just to spite the guy trying to put it out. And they also said that the reason Slash isn't signing off on the GnR release is because Axl was being unfair in terms of the financial agreement in HIS attempt to screw with Slash. They said that Axl is very angry and jealous of Slash's career. He won't go on record with any of that information. But just take my word for it. It's all true. And just because my friend works for Slash doesn't mean he has any bias at all in these matters.

17 pages and most of it is people bitching at each other?

Welcome to MyGnr.

Sigh.

What did I spin?

I don't.

I just don't believe everything I hear that is second hand information from somebody who refuses to attach their name to it.

Are you telling me that you're ignorant enough to believe that somebody inside the GnR came wouldn't put forth negative information about Slash out to the public?

If Slash said "I'm not signing this out of pure spite, just so I can screw Axl over".......then why hasn't that information been made public? Why is this GnR "source" refusing to attach their name to what happened?

Seems pretty unprofessional and cheesy to not go public with this news, but instead to leak it to a GnR fan forum.

Oh, my inside sources told me that Axl is blocking the rapid fire release just to spite the guy trying to put it out. And they also said that the reason Slash isn't signing off on the GnR release is because Axl was being unfair in terms of the financial agreement in HIS attempt to screw with Slash. They said that Axl is very angry and jealous of Slash's career. He won't go on record with any of that information. But just take my word for it. It's all true. And just because my friend works for Slash doesn't mean he has any bias at all in these matters.

Yes, I fully believe that Slash is blocking the release. What his reason is, I'm unsure of and I really don't care because when the shoe was on the other foot, Axl let him release his DVD. When your source breaks some sort of exclusive news that comes true regarding something actually happening, I will indeed take what you say with a greater degree of credibility, not discard it because it goes against who I want to defend at the moment.

Spinning that it was some average forum poster with a friend that probably doesn't know anything. That was easy. Now, can you learn to understand what you read and point out where I stated anything as fact? If not, enjoy being wrong.

So, he wanted to pass UK SUBS as some average forum poster by saying it was a friend but if he would have said "UK SUBS and his sources", that would have suddenly made UK SUBS more important and the statement more valid? That is, assuming the poster who Groghan quoted doesn't know who UK SUBS is. Yep, I was right, pure nonsense.

Like I said, don't make it too obvious. By correcting Groghan you tried to validate the opinion of one of UK SUBS sources.

why is this quote so controversial? 14 pages? it's pretty straightforward, and true. duff obviously is on better terms with axl than slash is, or probably will be for a long time. it's sad, but it's how it is.

i actually wouldn't be surprised, though, if duff ends up being kind of an intermediary and peace broker. some people said the same when izzy joined years back, but izzy never really gave a shit anyway. duff is closer to slash, and he may at least defend him if axl brings up anything. then again, it seems like axl doesn't really hang around with the guys behind-the-scenes, so who knows. he may not even get many chances to talk 1-on-1 with duff.

Axl + TB seems to be playing this one pretty close to the chest. Just enough about Duff to boost ticket sales, sell some merch, but not focusing too much so as to make it clear this is just a temporary thing (i.e. cancelling the Buenos Aires radio interview).

It's fortunate that we have these Duff shows, but I wouldn't expect anything to change after the Fortaleza gig. And tbh I wouldn't want Duff back permanently without Slash, I'd rather see an attempt to go forward. As much as I love Duff, Tommy's got some great bass on ChiDem, and it's clear from recent interviews he's anxious to record with the lineup as a whole.

I'd be curious to hear what came from the Duff + Finck + Sorum + Tobias + Reed lineup. The fact that neither Duff nor Finck have mentioned working with each other in interviews and that Axl's press release on OMG makes it seem like Tobias + Reed were working separately from Duff + Sorum makes me think not much came out of that period, though.

Sigh.

What did I spin?

I don't.

17 pages and most of it is people bitching at each other?

Welcome to MyGnr.

To be honest Groghan that's a very simplistic view point.

I did state it may not be true it given the source (not beta) but someone who is reasonably close to slash! I believe it to be true or at least, I believe THEY believe it's true (if that makes sense). Oh and no bias lets not forget, this forum is the only GNR forum to bring a slash interview and I've exchanged emails from him -- I love slash and don't know if this is true but...... My source is reliable, not bias (ie - in Axl's camp so to speak) and was honest in their description of how it went down.

• Like 3