Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

Shouldn't GNR/TB have had all legal stuff sorted out with Slash before even annoucing the bluray? He's not buddies with Axl, they've been through legal battles before... If they were naive enough to believe Slash would sign all the papers with a smile on his face, I blame more management than Slash...

Do we even know if this interview is real? Do we even know if Slash did try to block the blu ray?

Somebody on this forum said they "heard" through a friend that Slash blocked it just to spite Axl.

From that, of course, all the Slash haters took it and ran and added their own twist to make Slash look as bad as possible.

UK Subs said that he heard it through his sources. Nice attempt to spin it though.

UK SUBS said that one of his sources *thought* Slash was doing it to spite Axl. Nice attempt to spin it, though.

Learn to understand what you read, then come back and show me where I said that they said it as a fact.

If you're wrong, you're wrong. What is Groghan spinning if you only wanted to point out that it was a 'source' instead of a 'friend'?

Don't make it too obvious. :shrugs:

Make what too obvious? Until you can learn to understand what you read and tell me where I stated it as fact, the only one wrong here is you.

Answer the question. Oh wait, you can't. Alright, show's over. Thanks.

Spinning that it was some average forum poster with a friend that probably doesn't know anything. That was easy. Now, can you learn to understand what you read and point out where I stated anything as fact? If not, enjoy being wrong.

So, he wanted to pass UK SUBS as some average forum poster by saying it was a friend but if he would have said "UK SUBS and his sources", that would have suddenly made UK SUBS more important and the statement more valid? That is, assuming the poster who Groghan quoted doesn't know who UK SUBS is. Yep, I was right, pure nonsense.

Like I said, don't make it too obvious. By correcting Groghan you tried to validate the opinion of one of UK SUBS sources.

What are you babbling about. Groghan should have listed the correct source and not said some guy with a friend. I am assuming that anybody posting here should be aware of the owner of the forum and the fact that he has sources that have been proven correct in the past. UK and his sources are much more credible than some guy and his friend whether you like it or not,

Shouldn't GNR/TB have had all legal stuff sorted out with Slash before even annoucing the bluray? He's not buddies with Axl, they've been through legal battles before... If they were naive enough to believe Slash would sign all the papers with a smile on his face, I blame more management than Slash...

Let's not forget that the blu-ray had been in the making for more than 1 year.

Do we even know if this interview is real? Do we even know if Slash did try to block the blu ray?

Somebody on this forum said they "heard" through a friend that Slash blocked it just to spite Axl.

From that, of course, all the Slash haters took it and ran and added their own twist to make Slash look as bad as possible.

UK Subs said that he heard it through his sources. Nice attempt to spin it though.
Sigh.

Always itching to fight with somebody.

What did I spin?

UK is part of the forum. Yes?

He heard it from a source. OK, my bad. I said "friend." Maybe they aren't friends.

Who was the source? Beta? Del? Fernando? Jarmo?

Did this source also tell him why the label won't release another album from GnR? Or does this "source" only know things that are related to Slash?

Is this the same source that other guys on here have used for stories that turned out to be false?

You believe an anonymous source.

I don't.

Why so angry? You seem to be in full attack mode today. Everything OK?

:lol: Angry. It was the same source that gave us full details about this tour months before it occured, they must know something related to GN'R. Are you telling me that you're ignorant enough to believe that someone inside the GN'R camp wouldn't know why the Blu-Ray was cancelled?
I just don't believe everything I hear that is second hand information from somebody who refuses to attach their name to it.

Are you telling me that you're ignorant enough to believe that somebody inside the GnR came wouldn't put forth negative information about Slash out to the public?

Maybe you take Fernando's word as gospel. I don't.

If Slash said "I'm not signing this out of pure spite, just so I can screw Axl over".......then why hasn't that information been made public? Why is this GnR "source" refusing to attach their name to what happened?

Seems pretty unprofessional and cheesy to not go public with this news, but instead to leak it to a GnR fan forum.

Oh, my inside sources told me that Axl is blocking the rapid fire release just to spite the guy trying to put it out. And they also said that the reason Slash isn't signing off on the GnR release is because Axl was being unfair in terms of the financial agreement in HIS attempt to screw with Slash. They said that Axl is very angry and jealous of Slash's career. He won't go on record with any of that information. But just take my word for it. It's all true. And just because my friend works for Slash doesn't mean he has any bias at all in these matters.

17 pages and most of it is people bitching at each other?

Welcome to MyGnr.

To be honest Groghan that's a very simplistic view point.

I did state it may not be true it given the source (not beta) but someone who is reasonably close to slash! I believe it to be true or at least, I believe THEY believe it's true (if that makes sense). Oh and no bias lets not forget, this forum is the only GNR forum to bring a slash interview and I've exchanged emails from him -- I love slash and don't know if this is true but...... My source is reliable, not bias (ie - in Axl's camp so to speak) and was honest in their description of how it went down.

Thanks for the response.

So was I wrong by saying that a forum member's friend told them this info?

The fact that the person won't go public with this information, won't attach their name to it, and leaked it through a GnR fan forum.....you have to admit, that leads one to be hesitant to put forth 100% faith in how true it is. Especially when you say "I did state it may not be true."

I appreciate your explanation though. And you, and your source, could be 100% correct. I don't know one way or the other. But somebody said I was "twisting" the truth, when I simply wasn't. I hope it isn't true and I'll be extremely disappointed if Slash was being that childish. I'd just like to know all the facts before making up my mind. And I can't do that from an unnamed source who won't go on record.

But thanks for the explanation!!!!

Like PC said, this had been in the works for a year. Why did GnR management wait until the last moment to get it signed?

OK, I'll take a hit on this one.

I didn't know UK Subs was the owner of this forum? I thought High Voltage was.

No offense Subs. I just wasn't aware of how the ownership chain worked for the forum.

Hell, I thought ER was female and a MOD for the last decade. But apparently he just got named a Mod last month.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

Sigh.

What did I spin?

He heard it from a source. OK, my bad. I said "friend." Maybe they aren't friends.

Did this source also tell him why the label won't release another album from GnR? Or does this "source" only know things that are related to Slash?

Is this the same source that other guys on here have used for stories that turned out to be false?

I don't.

:lol: Angry. It was the same source that gave us full details about this tour months before it occured, they must know something related to GN'R. Are you telling me that you're ignorant enough to believe that someone inside the GN'R camp wouldn't know why the Blu-Ray was cancelled?
I just don't believe everything I hear that is second hand information from somebody who refuses to attach their name to it.

Are you telling me that you're ignorant enough to believe that somebody inside the GnR came wouldn't put forth negative information about Slash out to the public?

If Slash said "I'm not signing this out of pure spite, just so I can screw Axl over".......then why hasn't that information been made public? Why is this GnR "source" refusing to attach their name to what happened?

Seems pretty unprofessional and cheesy to not go public with this news, but instead to leak it to a GnR fan forum.

Oh, my inside sources told me that Axl is blocking the rapid fire release just to spite the guy trying to put it out. And they also said that the reason Slash isn't signing off on the GnR release is because Axl was being unfair in terms of the financial agreement in HIS attempt to screw with Slash. They said that Axl is very angry and jealous of Slash's career. He won't go on record with any of that information. But just take my word for it. It's all true. And just because my friend works for Slash doesn't mean he has any bias at all in these matters.

Welcome to MyGnr.

I did state it may not be true it given the source (not beta) but someone who is reasonably close to slash! I believe it to be true or at least, I believe THEY believe it's true (if that makes sense). Oh and no bias lets not forget, this forum is the only GNR forum to bring a slash interview and I've exchanged emails from him -- I love slash and don't know if this is true but...... My source is reliable, not bias (ie - in Axl's camp so to speak) and was honest in their description of how it went down.

Marc Canter done it. :book:

• Like 1

Sigh.

What did I spin?

I don't.

Welcome to MyGnr.

Thanks for the response.

The fact that the person won't go public with this information, won't attach their name to it, and leaked it through a GnR fan forum.....you have to admit, that leads one to be hesitant to put forth 100% faith in how true it is. Especially when you say "I did state it may not be true."

I appreciate your explanation though. And you, and your source, could be 100% correct. I don't know one way or the other. But somebody said I was "twisting" the truth, when I simply wasn't. I hope it isn't true and I'll be extremely disappointed if Slash was being that childish. I'd just like to know all the facts before making up my mind. And I can't do that from an unnamed source who won't go on record.

Maybe the source doesn't want to spoil their relationship? Perhaps?

• Like 1

This thread is the essence of mygnr
People bithcing each other for pointless nonsense or just the poor wording etc.
For the Slash cockblocking the Vegas Blu-Ray thing: tooo many inside sources wihtout any names...
This is ridicolous and embarassing on so many levels
Blocking a future release because of old legal shits is pretty sad, but i believe it when i saw it /hear it from a source WITH a name
If Slash (or his management) do this then it was a DICK move
Period

Sigh.
What did I spin?

I don't.

Welcome to MyGnr.

Thanks for the response.

Perhaps
But let me believe when i heard it officially
These insider things is pathetic at this point

Axl and Slash have no relationship with each other, so I don't know why Slash doesn't just admit it. Axl has many times.

That would have been Slash's chance to set the record straight so maybe people will stop asking for a reunion.

Axl and Slash have no relationship with each other, so I don't know why Slash doesn't just admit it. Axl has many times.

That would have been Slash's chance to set the record straight so maybe people will stop asking for a reunion.

Slash admitted it on the interview. "I'll never get that call" aka We have no realtionship.

Over a quote that we don't even have confirmation that Slash said it, plus due to translation may give off a different vibe than the original context of the quote. Not only that but it is a completely noncontroversial quote to begin with

There's a lot of back and forth in all these pages but that doesn't really matter.

Everyone is looking for whom to thank for blocking the DVD when it's been said over and over that it was Slash.

Thank You Slash!

Over a quote that we don't even have confirmation that Slash said it, plus due to translation may give off a different vibe than the original context of the quote. Not only that but it is a completely noncontroversial quote to begin with

Actually, we do.

So, according to TeamRockRadio, the original interviewer, this is the exact quote:

“What Duff does is what Duff does. It doesn’t really concern me. Duff’s relationship with Axl is different to mine. That call to me is just not going to happen. I don’t judge Duff. He’s cool. He just has a way more amicable, neutral relationship with Axl than I do.”

Sigh.

What did I spin?

I don't.

Welcome to MyGnr.

welcome to the butthurt

• Like 1

Actually, we do.

So, according to TeamRockRadio, the original interviewer, this is the exact quote:

What Duff does is what Duff does. It doesnt really concern me. Duffs relationship with Axl is different to mine. That call to me is just not going to happen. I dont judge Duff. Hes cool. He just has a way more amicable, neutral relationship with Axl than I do.

Ah didn't see that, thanks for posting

I guess now we know for sure that the quote is completely noncontroversial and therefore silly for people to raise hell about it ;)

Edited by WhazUp

Actually, we do.

What Duff does is what Duff does. It doesnt really concern me. Duffs relationship with Axl is different to mine. That call to me is just not going to happen. I dont judge Duff. Hes cool. He just has a way more amicable, neutral relationship with Axl than I do.

Ah didn't see that thank for posting

I guessnow we know for sure that the quote is completely noncontroversial and therefore silly for people to raise hell about it ;)

Any time.

I'd agree with there being no controversy if the Slash fans would just admit how butthurt he is. :lol:

Sigh.

What did I spin?

I don't.

Welcome to MyGnr.

Thanks for the response.

Well if he is willing to sell out his friend to an internet rock forum.......then perhaps their relationship isn't that meaningful?

• Like 1

Sigh.

What did I spin?

I don't.

Yes, I fully believe that Slash is blocking the release. What his reason is, I'm unsure of and I really don't care because when the shoe was on the other foot, Axl let him release his DVD. When your source breaks some sort of exclusive news that comes true regarding something actually happening, I will indeed take what you say with a greater degree of credibility, not discard it because it goes against who I want to defend at the moment.
The shoe does happen to be on the other foot again though. Todd Kerns (Slash's bassist in case you didn't know :lol:) stated that Slash intends to release another live DVD this Summer. This was announced before the whole cock blocking of Afd began. Perhaps Axl, from Slash's pov was being a pain in the dick about Slash using GNR songs and where he could release them. Perhaps then, Slash asked himself why he should scratch Axl's back if he won't scratch his and decided to pull his blessing. Which IF was the case, ya can't really blame the guy from not wanting to accommodate someone who hates him who won't return the favor.

But who knows? Axl's people had over a year to get this shit together. If all the is were dotted and all the ts were crossed, I find it hard to believe Slash could interfere so easily.

Sigh.

What did I spin?

I don't.

Yes, I fully believe that Slash is blocking the release. What his reason is, I'm unsure of and I really don't care because when the shoe was on the other foot, Axl let him release his DVD. When your source breaks some sort of exclusive news that comes true regarding something actually happening, I will indeed take what you say with a greater degree of credibility, not discard it because it goes against who I want to defend at the moment.
The shoe does happen to be on the other foot again though. Todd Kerns (Slash's bassist in case you didn't know :lol:) stated that Slash intends to release another live DVD this Summer. This was announced before the whole cock blocking of Afd began. Perhaps Axl, from Slash's pov was being a pain in the dick about Slash using GNR songs and where he could release them. Perhaps then, Slash asked himself why he should scratch Axl's back if he won't scratch his and decided to pull his blessing. Which IF was the case, ya can't really blame the guy from not wanting to accommodate someone who hates him who won't return the favor.

But who knows? Axl's people had over a year to get this shit together. If all the is were dotted and all the ts were crossed, I find it hard to believe Slash could interfere so easily.

We already know for a fact that Slash has been able to release his live albums in the past, so why would Axl change his policy now? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. They also must have been under the impression that everything was a go or they wouldn't have made any sort of announcement whatsoever. Everyone from Axl's camp and Rockfuel believed that everything was taken care of. This wasn't Rockfuel's first release and I have to believe they knew what they were doing. The only thing that can possibly explain how things got as far as they did before the cancellation is that somebody came out of left field at the end.

Sigh.

What did I spin?

I don't.

We already know for a fact that Slash has been able to release his live albums in the past, so why would Axl change his policy now? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. They also must have been under the impression that everything was a go or they wouldn't have made any sort of announcement whatsoever. Everyone from Axl's camp and Rockfuel believed that everything was taken care of. This wasn't Rockfuel's first release and I have to believe they knew what they were doing. The only thing that can possibly explain how things got as far as they did before the cancellation is that somebody came out of left field at the end.
I'm not necessarily saying that Axl wouldn't have let Slash release any gnr songs at all, but perhaps was limiting him only to certain markets, while Axl's DVD would get a worldwide release. Or was asking for a lot of money for the rights, and more so than he had to pay Slash, or that Slash and his team thought was fair and reasonable. Who knows for sure? Just saying that it's possible.

As for the latter, I don't know. Perhaps Slash gave them reason to believe he was onboard, and then something went awry in communication. Once you sign something, and it's finalized, usually it's just finalized. I find it hard to believe that if that were the case, that Slash signed a agreement, that he can just say "derp, fuck you Axl" all willy nilly, and blow it for the nu fans. Something must have gotten lost in translation IMHO.

• Like 1

It could be that Slashs legal team get involved with things like the Rockfuel DVD, something Rockfuel weren't really aware of. Maybe they didn't really know about what was needed. It's more of a formality than anything, Axl couldn't block Made in Stock. but everyone has to sign off etc.the media can make big thing out of nothing.

The only difference between Slash and Izzy and Duff is that Slash acted more angry and was more vocal in his criticism and blame of Axl especially around that first Snakepit album. The media jumped on that and never let go.

Izzy has a closer relationship and Duff is more diplomatic. Still probably making too much of it. If Slash had stayed it would have been business as usual eventually.

The main factor in the perceived feud is that Slash quit. The rest is conjecture. Sorry isnt about Slash specifically as much as Crucify the dead isn't Slashs lyrics. Legal issues surrounding broke up bands doesn't really prove any real deep hatred.

That's about as close to closure as I can get without choosing sides.

To me this is kind of hopeful as we are kind of a Slash apology away from a reunion. Not to say Axl was not wrong but the way it was handled by Slash in the media. And you can still see how it's happens. He used to be more frustrated and vent now he's more diplomatic.

Em the whole "what duff does doesn't concern me" bit comes off as passive aggressive but 90% of what Slash says comes off that way. I guess it's like your buddy being friends with your ex's new boyfriend. You have no reason to tell your friend who he can hang out with, but part of you wishes he wouldn't. I can't imagine he's thrilled about it, however I'm sure he still woke up in his mansion this morning and grabbed Perla's gigantic titties and felt fine. I'm not sure it's worth 20 pages of discussion.