Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

Maybe GNR would be in a better place if its fan base wasn't such a big collection of shit heads on all sides. This kind of thread and all the rampant homophobia in general is embarrassing. It's like a bunch of drunk, middle aged dads still stuck in the 80s.

One in a Million.................... ;)

That song wasn't okay then and it isn't okay now, and it has been completely dropped for over 20 years. You can't use Axl, a giant cunt, and the rest of the band at the time, raging junkies, as a barometer for what is socially acceptable.

Maybe GNR would be in a better place if its fan base wasn't such a big collection of shit heads on all sides. This kind of thread and all the rampant homophobia in general is embarrassing. It's like a bunch of drunk, middle aged dads still stuck in the 80s.

Thats because we are.

Also last I checked people weren't obligated to like certain people/lifestyles/orientations. The idea that you can legislate personalities and preferences is fucking idiocy masquerading as progress.

That being said, any of you guys know how to make a fruit cordial?

Just be nice to him.

I just find it hard to believe that people still exist in 2014 that still have an issue with gay people and use slurs for no reason.

You miss understand me mate I am not defending homophobia in fact just the opposite..my point was homophobia was part of the bands history so it should not surprise you when some of the fans are homophobes..... :shrugs:

I love the song but some of those lines are just excruciatingly naive, I 'get' that he was expressing his own opinions and fully believed in what he was saying, he was honest with it all but it's just not very noble to put it bluntly even though folks are allowed to have their own opinions and all.

I love the song but some of those lines are just excruciatingly naive, I 'get' that he was expressing his own opinions and fully believed in what he was saying, he was honest with it all but it's just not very noble to put it bluntly even though folks are allowed to have their own opinions and all.

:lol: Wrong thread man.

News flash: a lot of people will call something that is shit, lousy, dodgy or lame "gay".

I don't believe that it has anything to do with slurring or being afraid of homosexuals.

Eg: Fall Out Boy are gay.

Get over it.

Perhaps you should take your own advice. Y'know, since you're the guy who spams the banner tranny in every possible thread (even though the picture is like 3 years old at this point).

Furthermore, unfortunately for you and your argument there, Slash has a long history of using the word "gay" as a pejorative.

Slash spread rumors that Paul Stanley was gay as a way to talk shit behind his back.

He described the riff in Michael Jackson's "Black or White" as gay.

And most recently, in an interview, he described SCOM in a negative fashion by using the word "gayest."

Perhaps he has issues from when Izzy jizzed on his leg.

DJ Ashba never had a dude jizz on his leg. Why don't you take a moment to reflect on that, slick.

I don't care, Slash, Ashba, Axl and the Pope could all be homosexuals for all I care.

Just because somebody called something gay doesn't mean they are a homophobe, bigot, racist etc etc.

Anyways, I'll take ER's hint and leave it at that.

What ever happened to Velvet Revolver?

Scott quit and implied/said something along the lines of seeing Axl's point now, they were auditioning new singers, and then nothing....

possible that GNR without Axl still had some drama? I just find it odd that after so many years of it being Slash/Duff vs Axl that Duff would befriend Axl again, and go on tour with GNR, and Slash wouldn't be bothered by that.

If Axl was the monster who screwed them over as Slash likes to say, what does it say when Duff is cool with him?

• Like 1

Those guys (the "real" GNR) conquered the world together, putting aside all the "he said xyz" stuff and being able to have some form of friend or relationship would be something you'd think grown men would be able to do.

On a much less significant scale, I know that as I have gotten older I've let a lot of grudges from the past go, carrying all that shit around for years just holds you back as a human being IMO.

• Like 1

Scott quit and implied/said something along the lines of seeing Axl's point now, they were auditioning new singers, and then nothing....

possible that GNR without Axl still had some drama? I just find it odd that after so many years of it being Slash/Duff vs Axl that Duff would befriend Axl again, and go on tour with GNR, and Slash wouldn't be bothered by that.

If Axl was the monster who screwed them over as Slash likes to say, what does it say when Duff is cool with him?

VR was a great band. They seem so strong, but they couldn't survive a shitty record. Too bad.

Slash is on his own now, and we hope to get some nice guitar tracks in the future. The chances are low since he's more busy taking care of his iconic image than his guitar skills. He would fit KISS perfectly.

VR was a great band. They seem so strong, but they couldn't survive a shitty record. Too bad.

Slash is on his own now, and we hope to get some nice guitar tracks in the future. The chances are low since he's more busy taking care of his iconic image than his guitar skills. He would fit KISS perfectly.

Lol, DJ Ashba doesn't have an "iconic" image.

Sorry for him. But not so much since he's got plenty of ashba swag.

Oh you were talking about Slash? The "cares more about his image than his music" made me think it was Ashba, since he's the one doing it and not Slash.

Oh you were talking about Slash? The "cares more about his image than his music" made me think it was Ashba, since he's the one doing it and not Slash.

Some say Dj is some sort of copy of Slash, so there ya go.

Oh but he does have an image....LOL.

Oh but he does have an image....LOL.

Top hat, Les Paul, cigarrette... pretty much as iconic as it gets in "GNR".

Edited by moreblack