Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

Padme, are you mad about Axl blocking the rapid fire music from being released?

And you never told us what inside information you had that puts the blame squarely on Slash's shoulders.

I´m not interested in Rapid Fire unless fans listen to it and they get blown away by it.Then out of curiosity I will listen to it.However I do think it´s stupid from Axl´s part to block that. The same way I think it was stupid from his part to block the Slash DVD in the U.S. If there are fans out there who are interested in watching or listening something they shouldn´t be deprived because of childish fights, revenge and bitterness.

Who said Axl blocked Slash in the US? Axl is a dipshit for blocking Rapid Fire, but there isn't even a single shred of evidence that Axl had anything to do with Slash. Why would he block it here when it would be just as easy to block it every other place on earth?

And you never told us what inside information you had that puts the blame squarely on Slash's shoulders.

I´m not interested in Rapid Fire unless fans listen to it and they get blown away by it.Then out of curiosity I will listen to it.However I do think it´s stupid from Axl´s part to block that. The same way I think it was stupid from his part to block the Slash DVD in the U.S. If there are fans out there who are interested in watching or listening something they shouldn´t be deprived because of childish fights, revenge and bitterness.

Who said Axl blocked Slash in the US? Axl is a dipshit for blocking Rapid Fire, but there isn't even a single shred of evidence that Axl had anything to do with Slash. Why would he block it here when it would be just as easy to block it every other place on earth?

The laws in the U.S. are diferent than in other places. So there are things you can do in the UK but you can´t in the U.S. That´s what people says it´s the case with DVDs.

The laws in the U.S. are diferent than in other places. So there are things you can do in the UK but you can´t in the U.S. That´s what people says it´s the case with DVDs.

Then how is Slash able to block Appetite For Democracy worldwide?

Or Adler, since apparently he's a viable option now for Slash fans.

That´s a question for Rockfuel and UKSubs. They say Slash is blocking the DVD.

Point being that if it's possible for Slash (or Adler) to block a worldwide release, it's equally possible for Axl. Which begs the question then, if he had any part in blocking it in the US, why didn't he block it in the rest of the world? That makes absolutely no sense.

Wrong.

RockFuel said they were working in licensing issues with former members. UK SUBS said that one of his sources told him that Slash wanted more revenue (that's not blocking) while another source thought that Slash was blocking the release of the blu-ray to spite Axl.

Speculation 100%.

Point being that if it's possible for Slash (or Adler) to block a worldwide release, it's equally possible for Axl. Which begs the question then, if he had any part in blocking it in the US, why didn't he block it in the rest of the world? That makes absolutely no sense.

All I know is what people have been saying here :shrugs:

Another reason I put faith into my theory is because of the question of why would Slash cock block Axl's live release for a "ha ha" reason when he's gonna need his blessing to put gnr songs on his upcoming DVD? And, I mean, logic would dictate that Slash would want the gnr songs on there, wouldn't it?

Edited by Bobbo

Sure, since no matter what band Slash plays with, he always does some GNR songs too.

Slash's snakepit, VR or the band he has now with that horrible singer Miles Kennedy, who sounds horrible on any GNR song.

I also noticed a lot of guitar solos on Slash's albums, sound a lot of his solos when he played with GNR, but I guess that's just the way Slash plays.

Another reason I put faith into my theory is because of the question of why would Slash cock block Axl's live release for a "ha ha" reason when he's gonna need his blessing to put gnr songs on his upcoming DVD? And, I mean, logic would dictate that Slash would want the gnr songs on there, wouldn't it?

Slash could be fine with it because he has enough side material to release a DVD without Guns songs. Axl, through his own fault, can't do the same.

Slash could be fine with it because he has enough side material to release a DVD without Guns songs. Axl, through his own fault, can't do the same.

It's not the same though. I had to import Made in Stoke from UK because 1. there was no blu-ray in the USA. 2. it had Guns songs in it.

to me slash seems a little sad with the whole part about he would never get that call. i think deep down both axl and slash still care for eachother, i think they just handle it in different ways.

It's not the same though. I had to import Made in Stoke from UK because 1. there was no blu-ray in the USA. 2. it had Guns songs in it.

Yeah, but he was obviously fine with the US version having no Guns songs on it, maybe he's fine with no region getting Guns songs on it this time. I mean, what's he really giving up? 3 songs? If I really wanted to fuck someone over, I'd make that sacrifice. Nobody can stop him from releasing a Blu-Ray with his own songs on it except his label.

I'd have to disagree with him being content with that. Both of them know the heyday guns songs are what's gonna attract Joe Schmo into buying the live shows. I highly doubt he'd be just fine with it. And I highly doubt he'd just be a priss for the sake of being a priss when he needs Axl's blessing to sell a lot more DVDs than he can without Axl's blessing. Even if we're talking about just tens of thousands compared to just a few thousand.

I'd have to disagree with him being content with that. Both of them know the heyday guns songs are what's gonna attract Joe Schmo into buying the live shows. I highly doubt he'd be just fine with it. And I highly doubt he'd just be a priss for the sake of being a priss when he needs Axl's blessing to sell a lot more DVDs than he can without Axl's blessing. Even if we're talking about just tens of thousands compared to just a few thousand.

I doubt the Guns songs on a Slash Blu-Ray would sell even a thousand more copies than without. He has his fanbase and they will loyally buy it with or without. It isn't like Guns songs are making people go to his concerts or anything. I'd be fine with it myself if I was a spiteful bitch, so I see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't be.

I doubt the Guns songs on a Slash Blu-Ray would sell even a thousand more copies than without. He has his fanbase and they will loyally buy it with or without. It isn't like Guns songs are making people go to his concerts or anything. I'd be fine with it myself if I was a spiteful bitch, so I see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't be.
I'm still inclined to believe that he would still want to appeal to average joe as much as he possibly can as well. I believe he's at least business savy enough to at least try. And if he did, he wouldn't be pulling a move like this on Axl just for the shits and giggles. It just makes absolutely no business sense.

So for now, I'm still betting my chips on this whole debacle being due to a "ill scratch your back, if you scratch mine" gone wrong. It just seems like the most logical explanation to me.

I'm still inclined to believe that he would still want to appeal to average joe as much as he possibly can as well. I believe he's at least business savy enough to at least try. And if he did, he wouldn't be pulling a move like this on Axl just for the shits and giggles. It just makes absolutely no business sense.

So for now, I'm still betting my chips on this whole debacle being due to a "ill scratch your back, if you scratch mine" gone wrong. It just seems like the most logical explanation to me.

Dude, he's rich as fuck, I really don't think he cares much about the couple thousand dollars having 3 Guns songs on a DVD might earn him. And that's a generous amount considering whatever label he's on will take most of the profits. That's probably generous if he recieved all the profits.

you people are stupid, you bitch and argue about Slash when he had nothing bad to say. It was just a statement.

22 pages of complaining. I read what he said and moved on. You should try it sometime.

Edited by 31illusions
  • Like 1