Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

Sure, since no matter what band Slash plays with, he always does some GNR songs too.

Slash's snakepit, VR or the band he has now with that horrible singer Miles Kennedy, who sounds horrible on any GNR song.

I also noticed a lot of guitar solos on Slash's albums, sound a lot of his solos when he played with GNR, but I guess that's just the way Slash plays.

Since Slash helped write those songs, why shouldn't he play them? I know your son walked out of a Slash concert because the guitar player played a couple solos and a couple GnR songs, but certainly YOU can agree that Slash has every right to perform songs that he helped write?

I agree that Miles sounds horrible on GnR songs. But is he a horrible singer on his own stuff? Music is subjective, you think he is horrible but lots of people really dig his work with Slash and with Alter Bridge.

Could you give us a couple examples of Slash solos on his solo stuff that sound a "lot" like his GnR solos? Just the top three that sound most alike. Thanks!

Another reason I put faith into my theory is because of the question of why would Slash cock block Axl's live release for a "ha ha" reason when he's gonna need his blessing to put gnr songs on his upcoming DVD? And, I mean, logic would dictate that Slash would want the gnr songs on there, wouldn't it?

Slash could be fine with it because he has enough side material to release a DVD without Guns songs. Axl, through his own fault, can't do the same.
I'd have to disagree with him being content with that. Both of them know the heyday guns songs are what's gonna attract Joe Schmo into buying the live shows. I highly doubt he'd be just fine with it. And I highly doubt he'd just be a priss for the sake of being a priss when he needs Axl's blessing to sell a lot more DVDs than he can without Axl's blessing. Even if we're talking about just tens of thousands compared to just a few thousand.

I doubt the Guns songs on a Slash Blu-Ray would sell even a thousand more copies than without. He has his fanbase and they will loyally buy it with or without. It isn't like Guns songs are making people go to his concerts or anything. I'd be fine with it myself if I was a spiteful bitch, so I see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't be.
I'm still inclined to believe that he would still want to appeal to average joe as much as he possibly can as well. I believe he's at least business savy enough to at least try. And if he did, he wouldn't be pulling a move like this on Axl just for the shits and giggles. It just makes absolutely no business sense.

So for now, I'm still betting my chips on this whole debacle being due to a "ill scratch your back, if you scratch mine" gone wrong. It just seems like the most logical explanation to me.

Dude, he's rich as fuck, I really don't think he cares much about the couple thousand dollars having 3 Guns songs on a DVD might earn him. And that's a generous amount considering whatever label he's on will take most of the profits. That's probably generous if he recieved all the profits.
So? It doesn't mean he, and most others in his shoes, don't wanna make the most outta what they got. Why bother releasing anything at all with that kinda mentality? If he wants to make the most outta what he can, which I'm willing to bet he does, then you can be damn skippy he'd much rather have the gnr songs on there than not. Whether it makes a huge difference or not, having the gnr songs on there would add more appeal. That's what matters.

In an ordinary circumstance, would he lose much sleep if he couldn't get the rights? Probably not. But if Axl isn't willing to do it, is limiting where he can release them, or is asking for more money than Slash's team thinks is fair, why throw Axl a bone?

Another reason I put faith into my theory is because of the question of why would Slash cock block Axl's live release for a "ha ha" reason when he's gonna need his blessing to put gnr songs on his upcoming DVD? And, I mean, logic would dictate that Slash would want the gnr songs on there, wouldn't it?

Slash could be fine with it because he has enough side material to release a DVD without Guns songs. Axl, through his own fault, can't do the same.
I'd have to disagree with him being content with that. Both of them know the heyday guns songs are what's gonna attract Joe Schmo into buying the live shows. I highly doubt he'd be just fine with it. And I highly doubt he'd just be a priss for the sake of being a priss when he needs Axl's blessing to sell a lot more DVDs than he can without Axl's blessing. Even if we're talking about just tens of thousands compared to just a few thousand.

I doubt the Guns songs on a Slash Blu-Ray would sell even a thousand more copies than without. He has his fanbase and they will loyally buy it with or without. It isn't like Guns songs are making people go to his concerts or anything. I'd be fine with it myself if I was a spiteful bitch, so I see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't be.
I'm still inclined to believe that he would still want to appeal to average joe as much as he possibly can as well. I believe he's at least business savy enough to at least try. And if he did, he wouldn't be pulling a move like this on Axl just for the shits and giggles. It just makes absolutely no business sense.

So for now, I'm still betting my chips on this whole debacle being due to a "ill scratch your back, if you scratch mine" gone wrong. It just seems like the most logical explanation to me.

Dude, he's rich as fuck, I really don't think he cares much about the couple thousand dollars having 3 Guns songs on a DVD might earn him. And that's a generous amount considering whatever label he's on will take most of the profits. That's probably generous if he recieved all the profits.
So? It doesn't mean he, and most others in his shoes, don't wanna make the most outta what they got. Why bother releasing anything at all with that kinda mentality? If he wants to make the most outta what he can, which I'm willing to bet he does, then you can be damn skippy he'd much rather have the gnr songs on there than not. Whether it makes a huge difference or not, having the gnr songs on there would add more appeal. That's what matters.

In an ordinary circumstance, would he lose much sleep if he couldn't get the rights? Probably not. But if Axl isn't willing to do it, is limiting where he can release them, or is asking for more money than Slash's team thinks is fair, why throw Axl a bone?

Axl isn't limiting where he can release them. Where did you come up with this? If Slash was the least bit concerned about having Guns songs on his next Blu-Ray, he would be working with Axl on this one instead of blocking him from releasing it. You think he wasn't fully aware of any future consequences blocking Axl would bring? I do, I just don't think that the Guns songs matter much to him when he still has a full Blu-Ray of his own material to release.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Guest Gunns

So they don't have the rights to release Guns songs on dvds?

or Axl blocked Slash, Slash blocked Axl kind of deal?

They checkmate'd each other

Not playing GNR songs takes what, four or five numbers out of a Slash set...not playing the Slash songs reduces Axl's setlist to about 4 songs and some covers.

Wether Slash is blocking it or not I don't know, but if we are supposed to be moving on from the classic (Slash) era GNR maybe Axl should bust out some "new" material?

Not playing GNR songs takes what, four or five numbers out of a Slash set...not playing the Slash songs reduces Axl's setlist to about 4 songs and some covers.

Wether Slash is blocking it or not I don't know, but if we are supposed to be moving on from the classic (Slash) era GNR maybe Axl should bust out some "new" material?

A lot of people think Axl should do a lot of things. Mostly, he does nothing other then maybe touring. His last big move was hiring DJ.

Axl isn't limiting where he can release them. Where did you come up with this? If Slash was the least bit concerned about having Guns songs on his next Blu-Ray, he would be working with Axl on this one instead of blocking him from releasing it. You think he wasn't fully aware of any future consequences blocking Axl would bring? I do, I just don't think that the Guns songs matter much to him when he still has a full Blu-Ray of his own material to release.
I didn't say he is, as in, that's in fact what happened. I put "if" followed by three possible hypothetical scenarios. My money is on something among the lines of the last scenario.

The "limiting" scenario isn't as far fetched as you may think though. There was some band last year that released an album that had a cover of My Michelle (I think) on it, and apparently were told by Axl's camp that they can only release the song digitally and not on the physical release. Why? Beats me. Anybody else remember this? It around this time last year.

As I said before, any artist and label is going to try to have as much appeal to attract as much of a general audience as they can attract. Aside from Slither and Fall to Pieces, there isn't a lot of general appeal without those 4 or 5 gnr songs. Say what you want about Slash, but he has been quite business savy in recent years. They would be absolute fools not to at least try to work something out with Axl to get the gnr songs on board. So therefore, I personally doubt Slash was petty just to be petty. I believe something went down behind the scenes, and in his eyes, Axl was being a pain in the ass, so in return told him to fuck off with his Appetite for nostalgia noise.

If that doesn't convince you otherwise, that's absolutely fair enough. My pov could just as easily be as wrong as yours. And vice versa. I doubt we'll ever know beyond any reasonable doubt anyways. :shrugs:

• Like 1

Sure, since no matter what band Slash plays with, he always does some GNR songs too.

Factually wrong. He never performed Guns N' Roses songs with either Snakepit I or Blues Ball.

that horrible singer Miles Kennedy, who sounds horrible on any GNR song.

For definition of horrible, please see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ccfjD4ZyQ

I also noticed a lot of guitar solos on Slash's albums, sound a lot of his solos when he played with GNR, but I guess that's just the way Slash plays.

Slash sounds like Slash, what is he supposed to sound like? :lol:

• Like 1

Is the Blu-Ray argument STILL going on? It can be summed up in one sentence: No matter what Slash did or didn't do, if RockFuel/TB had the proper agreements in place before promoting it and selling theatre tickets than it wouldn't have mattered.

Loop holes always are there.

You really think if documents were signed that there would be an issue right now? Really?

Which makes the theory that Slash blocked this at the last minute absurd.. Just another case of Team Brazil not making sure the loose ends were tied up before moving ahead.............

• Like 1

Screams jealousy to me.

Haha holy fuck. That or it screams the flat out truth. Duff does have a more amicable relationship. That's a fact. What else do you want Slash to say. I mean seriously if Slash said he's happy for him you'd say it screams jealousy. If Slash said it's stupid you'd say it screams jealousy. Anything to worship the almighty though right?

Screams jealousy to me.

Haha holy fuck. That or it screams the flat out truth. Duff does have a more amicable relationship. That's a fact. What else do you want Slash to say. I mean seriously if Slash said he's happy for him you'd say it screams jealousy. If Slash said it's stupid you'd say it screams jealousy. Anything to worship the almighty though right?

Keep the defense going princess, Slash might let you lick his balls yet.

Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 1