Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

Do we even know if this interview is real? Do we even know if Slash did try to block the blu ray?

Somebody on this forum said they "heard" through a friend that Slash blocked it just to spite Axl.

From that, of course, all the Slash haters took it and ran and added their own twist to make Slash look as bad as possible.

UK Subs said that he heard it through his sources. Nice attempt to spin it though.

Sigh.

Always itching to fight with somebody.

What did I spin?

UK is part of the forum. Yes?

He heard it from a source. OK, my bad. I said "friend." Maybe they aren't friends.

Who was the source? Beta? Del? Fernando? Jarmo?

Did this source also tell him why the label won't release another album from GnR? Or does this "source" only know things that are related to Slash?

Is this the same source that other guys on here have used for stories that turned out to be false?

You believe an anonymous source.

I don't.

Why so angry? You seem to be in full attack mode today. Everything OK?

:lol: Angry. It was the same source that gave us full details about this tour months before it occured, they must know something related to GN'R. Are you telling me that you're ignorant enough to believe that someone inside the GN'R camp wouldn't know why the Blu-Ray was cancelled?

I just don't believe everything I hear that is second hand information from somebody who refuses to attach their name to it.

Are you telling me that you're ignorant enough to believe that somebody inside the GnR came wouldn't put forth negative information about Slash out to the public?

Maybe you take Fernando's word as gospel. I don't.

If Slash said "I'm not signing this out of pure spite, just so I can screw Axl over".......then why hasn't that information been made public? Why is this GnR "source" refusing to attach their name to what happened?

Seems pretty unprofessional and cheesy to not go public with this news, but instead to leak it to a GnR fan forum.

Oh, my inside sources told me that Axl is blocking the rapid fire release just to spite the guy trying to put it out. And they also said that the reason Slash isn't signing off on the GnR release is because Axl was being unfair in terms of the financial agreement in HIS attempt to screw with Slash. They said that Axl is very angry and jealous of Slash's career. He won't go on record with any of that information. But just take my word for it. It's all true. And just because my friend works for Slash doesn't mean he has any bias at all in these matters.

Yes, I fully believe that Slash is blocking the release. What his reason is, I'm unsure of and I really don't care because when the shoe was on the other foot, Axl let him release his DVD. When your source breaks some sort of exclusive news that comes true regarding something actually happening, I will indeed take what you say with a greater degree of credibility, not discard it because it goes against who I want to defend at the moment.
The shoe does happen to be on the other foot again though. Todd Kerns (Slash's bassist in case you didn't know :lol:) stated that Slash intends to release another live DVD this Summer. This was announced before the whole cock blocking of Afd began. Perhaps Axl, from Slash's pov was being a pain in the dick about Slash using GNR songs and where he could release them. Perhaps then, Slash asked himself why he should scratch Axl's back if he won't scratch his and decided to pull his blessing. Which IF was the case, ya can't really blame the guy from not wanting to accommodate someone who hates him who won't return the favor.

But who knows? Axl's people had over a year to get this shit together. If all the is were dotted and all the ts were crossed, I find it hard to believe Slash could interfere so easily.

We already know for a fact that Slash has been able to release his live albums in the past, so why would Axl change his policy now? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. They also must have been under the impression that everything was a go or they wouldn't have made any sort of announcement whatsoever. Everyone from Axl's camp and Rockfuel believed that everything was taken care of. This wasn't Rockfuel's first release and I have to believe they knew what they were doing. The only thing that can possibly explain how things got as far as they did before the cancellation is that somebody came out of left field at the end.
I'm not necessarily saying that Axl wouldn't have let Slash release any gnr songs at all, but perhaps was limiting him only to certain markets, while Axl's DVD would get a worldwide release. Or was asking for a lot of money for the rights, and more so than he had to pay Slash, or that Slash and his team thought was fair and reasonable. Who knows for sure? Just saying that it's possible.

As for the latter, I don't know. Perhaps Slash gave them reason to believe he was onboard, and then something went awry in communication. Once you sign something, and it's finalized, usually it's just finalized. I find it hard to believe that if that were the case, that Slash signed a agreement, that he can just say "derp, fuck you Axl" all willy nilly, and blow it for the nu fans. Something must have gotten lost in translation IMHO.

Since Slash has already released DVDs, you would think that they would already have had licensing agreements in place and predetermined amounts that were well known by all parties. Maybe Axl and Rockfuel were going forward based on that knowledge. If that's the case (which seems very likely considering how far it got) it's rather ridiculous for Slash to hold them up for more money. I mean, I completely understand that TB are complete fuckups, but there were too many professionals involved for them to fuck this up on their own.

This shit makes no sense to me for four reasons

• According to some here, Slash is the biggest dollar whore of the original band. If that is the case, why would he block this CD coming out? He makes money on it and experience has shown that these releases seem to heighten the calls for a reunion rather than snuff it out. (Take a bow DJ).
  • Second, Slash would know that blocking Axl's DVD and costing him a fortune will guarantee a nasty retaliatory strike from Axl - meaning his own future DVD releases with GNR tunes on them will be fucked, costing him a fortune in return. This strategy, even if it is "for spite" hurts Slash as much as it hurts Axl. Anyway, is anybody aware of anything that recently went down to suddenly draw this "spite" out of Slash? There is nothing.
  • Third, as I mentioned before material is licensed and distributed between parties who fucking hate each other, every day of the week. How did this get so far and fall down 'cause one guy apparently wants to be Dr. Evil? That is just not how the real world works. Lawyers and Contracts were created to stop this.
  • Lastly, why would Axl, Jarmo and TB not be making a fucking field day with this in the press. They devoted a decade rabid in their desire to destory Slash's image and reputation, so why nothing from any of them in the press about this?

So all in all, this story makes no sense, even if this is supposed to be from a friend of Slash's.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 4

Em the whole "what duff does doesn't concern me" bit comes off as passive aggressive but 90% of what Slash says comes off that way. I guess it's like your buddy being friends with your ex's new boyfriend. You have no reason to tell your friend who he can hang out with, but part of you wishes he wouldn't. I can't imagine he's thrilled about it, however I'm sure he still woke up in his mansion this morning and grabbed Perla's gigantic titties and felt fine. I'm not sure it's worth 20 pages of discussion.

He's not going to break down and start weeping either. I think he covers up his feelings up pretty much all the time like just about everyone. he goes with the flow. he doesn't seem like the guy to say you know what? fuck them both! then have to back pedal for a decade to recover. some people just aren't natural born assholes.

Slash seems to relish being Axl's nemesis. Kind of like he's Keef to Axl's Mick.

Even Slash has admitted in an old interview to that….

BTW who is Keef? Keith Richards?

yeah. its all very knowing in a way. really early though Slash said this isn't aerosmith there won't be no reunion. all the big bands have this lead singer, lead guitar tension. it works that way for some reason. mike patton used to push jim martin over when ever he tried to do a solo. sometimes i just think were just getting played. they both subconsciously know what they have to do as the next career move. have the biggest feud in rock history. then right at the last ditch when everyone thinks theres no way ever. keef will die and they will reform at his funeral or some shit. who doesn't really want 50 million dollars just for playing rock n roll. i wonder how many people who die of a heart attack if they reformed for the Not in this Lifetime Tour.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 2

• According to some here, Slash is the biggest dollar whore of the original band. If that is the case, why would he block this CD coming out? He makes money on it and experience has shown that these releases seem to heighten the calls for a reunion rather than snuff it out. (Take a bow DJ).
  • Second, Slash would know that blocking Axl's DVD and costing him a fortune will guarantee a nasty retaliatory strike from Axl - meaning his own future DVD releases with GNR tunes on them will be fucked, costing him a fortune in return. This strategy, even if it is "for spite" hurts Slash as much as it hurts Axl. Anyway, is anybody aware of anything that recently went down to suddenly draw this "spite" out of Slash? There is nothing.
  • Third, as I mentioned before material is licensed and distributed between parties who fucking hate each other, every day of the week. How did this get so far and fall down 'cause one guy apparently wants to be Dr. Evil? That is just not how the real world works. Lawyers and Contracts were created to stop this.
  • Lastly, why would Axl, Jarmo and TB not be making a fucking field day with this in the press. They devoted a decade rabid in their desire to destory Slash's image and reputation, so why nothing from any of them in the press about this?

So all in all, this story makes no sense, even if this is supposed to be from a friend of Slash's.

Great post. I try to find some logic behind Slash blocking the release for the fuck of it, and I can't find any. Aside from being the Cancer Devil that he is...

Seeing how GNR moved on with their lives and nobody talks about the show, it seems to me they don't really care about it that much. Hell, there's another Vegas residency scheduled already... Why bother with a recorded show right?

It wasn´t a friend of Slash. It was Rockfuel saying they could´t realese the DVD because former members were blocking it. Now let´s take a look. Duff can´t be one of them because he is now on tour with Axl. So I don´t think Axl would´ve called him if Duff was blocking the DVD. Izzy? It doesn´t look like he gives a fuck about a DVD or anything. That leaves us with Slash and Adler. Is Adler capable to be the one blocking this? You bet! However we don´t even have rumors about any Adler´s involvement. So it has to be Slash.

I don´t give a rats ass about that DVD. But many fans do. And also I find stupid and inmature from Slash part to add more fuel to fire by having yet another fight with Axl over this DVD.

So unless you provide proof that Slash is not the one blocking it and the Rockfuel guys are liars. We have to believe it is Slash

It could be that Slashs legal team get involved with things like the Rockfuel DVD, something Rockfuel weren't really aware of. Maybe they didn't really know about what was needed. It's more of a formality than anything,

If they didn't know about what was needed then they're truly unprofessional and the worst company that ever existed which I don't believe is the case since they have released multiple concert films and documentaries.

Great post. :thumbsup: It shows that common sense is not something Axl fans have.

Best post of the topic. Except for the part where you said blocking this release would cost him a fortune!!! As much as I want to see this DVD and will buy it myself, it isn't going to be a very big seller.

There is WAY more to this story than simply saying "oh, Slash is being a jerk" like the Axl worshippers on here are doing. It is all pure speculation right now. WITHOUT knowing the reasons why Slash is blocking the release, it is really unfair for people to make snap judgments on the people involved.

Padme - think about what you are saying.

Without knowing Slash's reasons, it is unfair to blame him.

If you found out I killed somebody by shooting them in the head.....would you think I should spend the rest of my life in jail?

But what if you then found out the person I shot had broken into my home and was attacking my family with a machete and screaming that he was going to kill us all. Would your opinion of me shooting the guy change?

YOU don't know why Slash is blocking the release. He could have perfectly valid reasons for doing so.

Best post of the topic. Except for the part where you said blocking this release would cost him a fortune!!! As much as I want to see this DVD and will buy it myself, it isn't going to be a very big seller.

There is WAY more to this story than simply saying "oh, Slash is being a jerk" like the Axl worshippers on here are doing. It is all pure speculation right now. WITHOUT knowing the reasons why Slash is blocking the release, it is really unfair for people to make snap judgments on the people involved.

If you found out I killed somebody by shooting them in the head.....would you think I should spend the rest of my life in jail?

But what if you then found out the person I shot had broken into my home and was attacking my family with a machete and screaming that he was going to kill us all. Would your opinion of me shooting the guy change?

YOU don't know why Slash is blocking the release. He could have perfectly valid reasons for doing so.

I do know that many fans have been wating for this DVD since the Vegas Residency in 2012. And when finally it was there for them to enjoy here comes Slash blocking it. Slash should´ve brought his valid reasons a lot earlier, don´t you think?

I don´t think you´re gonna wait 2 years to claim sefl defence if you´re accused of murder

And when finally it was there for them to enjoy here comes Slash blocking it. Slash should´ve brought his valid reasons a lot earlier, don´t you think?

Except that your speculation is wrong. "Here comes Slash blocking it". Please prove that Slash blocked it as soon as it was ready to be released. Why would Slash be the one bringing out his reasons? It's not his release, it's Axl's.

It's valid to assume that this had been worked out by professionals, people that know their job. There's no "Slash wanted to block it so he raised his hand to do it and all went to shit". That's not how the law works.

I do know that many fans have been wating for this DVD since the Vegas Residency in 2012. And when finally it was there for them to enjoy here comes Slash blocking it. Slash should´ve brought his valid reasons a lot earlier, don´t you think?

I don´t think you´re gonna wait 2 years to claim sefl defence if you´re accused of murder

What does "fans waiting for it" and "finally there for them to enjoy" have to do with anything?

"Slash should've brought his valid reason a lot earlier"................Finally, somebody who knows something. See, I don't know how it all went down. I don't know what the contract said. I don't know when it was presented to Axl. I don't know the fine details. I don't know what GnR's role was. I don't know what the specific disagreement is over. YOU apparently do though. Could you please share with us the first hand knowledge you have of how this all went down?

If Slash refused to sign because of GnR reneging on a past agreement, would Slash be at fault? If GnR changed the terms of the contract, would Slash be at fault? If Axl recently blocked or hampered something that Slash was trying to do, would Slash still be at fault? Those are the things that you aren't thinking about.

Are you mad at Axl for blocking the rapid fire release???? Because I've been looking forward to hearing that for a couple years now, and here it was JUST about to be released for the fans to enjoy.....and Axl swooped in and blocked it.

Sorry Soul. But if somebody breaks into my house and is trying to kill my wife and children, I will shoot them.

What would you do? Take a video to give to the police?

I wouldn't think you should go to jail if you tried to talk the guy to death. "Excuse me mr. crazy man, but do you know that what your holding really isn't a machete, but it England it is called a ......."

Again to Groghan's point you are making a lot of assumptions based on hearsay evidence. We don't know that Slash blocked this for sure, if he did we don't know the reason why, and you don't know when he was even made aware of the project. For all we know it could have been well along in development before he was approached so criticizing him for waiting to the last minute is speculation at best.

And we also don't know if he is totally refusing to allow the use of some of the songs or is just looking for what he considers fair compensation and Axl is refusing which could be holding up the release.

Until something official comes out all we have to go by is "a source close to Slash" which proves nothing.............

I do think Axl has some sympathy towards Scott and what Slash has said about him. A show with STP and GNR songs would probably be a fun night out.

Again to Groghan's point you are making a lot of assumptions based on hearsay evidence. We don't know that Slash blocked this for sure, if he did we don't know the reason why, and you don't know when he was even made aware of the project. For all we know it could have been well along in development before he was approached so criticizing him for waiting to the last minute is speculation at best.

And we also don't know if he is totally refusing to allow the use of some of the songs or is just looking for what he considers fair compensation and Axl is refusing which could be holding up the release.

Until something official comes out all we have to go by is "a source close to Slash" which proves nothing.............

There were people with tickets in their hands!!! I give you that Rockfuel might not handle the situation the right way from the very begining. But Rockfuel is not accusing Axl of the blocking. It was Rockfuel that said they were dealing with former members reps.

There were people with tickets in their hands!!! I give you that Rockfuel might not handle the situation the right way from the very begining. But Rockfuel is not accusing Axl of the blocking. It was Rockfuel that said they were dealing with former members reps.

:lol:

RockFuel announced the release, announced cinema dates, the cinemas did the right publicity and all of the sudden is blocked. Does that make Slash the one to blame? What kind of mentality is that?

And yeah, there were 3 or 4 people with tickets in their hands. They were refunded properly and immediately.

RockFuel announced the release, announced cinema dates, the cinemas did the right publicity and all of the sudden is blocked. Does that make Slash the one to blame? What kind of mentality is that?

And yeah, there were 3 or 4 people with tickets in their hands. They were refunded properly and immediately.

Why, as you put it, "all of a sudden is blocked"?

Again you do not have enough information to be making the accusations against Slash you are making. We know next to nothing on what happened in this case. And how do you know what conversations happened between them and the ex members representatives or even Axl for that matter? You don't right? and you mention "reps" plural so does that mean SLash might not be the only one involved? so how can you blame Slash when you don't know the details?... :shrugs:

Edited by classicrawker

Why, as you put it, "all of a sudden is blocked"?

RockFuel said it, issues with former members.

It's not Slash's fault that they were incredibly irresponsible and unprofessional and waited until the last moment to sort that out. Not even the last moment, because they announced the release and cinema dates like everything was done. We don't have any more details. It could be that Slash is not being paid what he should.

One thing is certain though, if they would have worked out this before and Slash agreed to whatever the terms were, there would be no way, no way to block this now.

Either way, not Slash's fault.

The way the release of this DVD was handled doesn't sound very different from GnR's amateurish way of handling things for the last fifteen years or so.

Entirely blaming Slash for this sounds a bit too straightforward and convenient.

This is the band that says that "life gets in the way" when they try to do something. I'm surprised CD got released after all. Crap management.

Padme, are you mad about Axl blocking the rapid fire music from being released?

And you never told us what inside information you had that puts the blame squarely on Slash's shoulders.

I´m not interested in Rapid Fire unless fans listen to it and they get blown away by it.Then out of curiosity I will listen to it.However I do think it´s stupid from Axl´s part to block that. The same way I think it was stupid from his part to block the Slash DVD in the U.S. If there are fans out there who are interested in watching or listening something they shouldn´t be deprived because of childish fights, revenge and bitterness.