Slash comments on Duff temporarily rejoining GNR

Guest NGOG

I think you can interpret the "Duff is free to play with whoever he wants to" as passive aggressive too ;) Plus: this is a translation of a translation. And it's all in how you say it, and as we don't actually hear Slash say it, there's no way to know of there are any double meanings here.

I think people here imagine Duff & Slash calling to each others houses to go out and play on their BMX bikes.

Both men probably see each other 5 times a year, which is about as much as most men of that age see old buddies.

Professionally I bet Slash does not give a shit what Duff does, the man is entitled to earn money.

They are no longer mates in a garage band together, they are fifty something millionaire business men who wear leather trousers instead of suits.

The part where he talks about never getting that call says to me that Slash could still be perplexed with Axl's singling him out and laying all the blame and hate re: GNR on him.

Izzy, Duff, Gilby, Matt & Stephen have all met Axl socially and the war is no longer active despite most of them saying horrible things about him and even taking him to court (in the case of Duff & Gilby).

An old mate hating you with such unnatural and unceasing ferocity and blaming his whole career stop on you and you alone would be perplexing.

But as regards what Axl does with GNR now or whether Duff or Izzy play with him, I bet Slash does not care. In fact Duff had joined Axl on stage before the RNRHOF and him and Slash were cool.

So I don't see where the "butthurt" is wrt GNR.

I bet the guy simply cannot understand the insane and sustained hatred after all of these years.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 1

I have also lots of creative interpretations of Slash' completely adult and neutral comment which would only serve to maintain the myth of Slash, like so many of his followers, not being completely over the break with old guns and having moved on ages ago!! Argh!!!

I imagine when Slash heard Duff would be playing with GnR, his first thought was, "Great, now I'll have to answer a bunch of inane questions from the media." And he was right. Maybe Duff is bummed that he isn't playing with Arerosmith right now, hmmm?

Calm down. Just kidding. Everyone is fine.

• Like 1

Sole reason Duff is in has to do with Axl wanting to piss Slash off and isolate the two. I doubt Axl has any particular personal desire to do anything with another member of GNR as it was. Just that mildly depressing idea of occasionally show casing Duff or Izzy on the stage is well worth it considering how awesome pissing Slash off is to him. According to my incredibly valid and accurate kitchen table psychology, Axl sees the ordeal with him&Slash as some sort of a great battle between good and evil. Level headed, neutral POVs to situation, like what Mr Intercourse presented few posts above has absolutely no plce in Axl's head. This is a hateful, Machiavellian war against great evil. He is sure Slash views this s great, terrifying and damaging insult. As such, Axl considers this a valuable, good move.

Edited by LTD

I imagine when Slash heard Duff would be playing with GnR, his first thought was, "Great, now I'll have to answer a bunch of inane questions from the media." And he was right. Maybe Duff is bummed that he isn't playing with Arerosmith right now, hmmm?

Calm down. Just kidding. Everyone is fine.

Duff is touring with aerosmith before slash

• Like 1

I'd be piss if I were Slash, Duff essentially undermined everything he and Slash had been working on for the past 20 years. That is to say GnR is their band to and now Duff is just a hired Gun the opposite of what Slash intended.

duff is axl's employee for a few shows only, not a big deal.... some people here talk as if duff had joined permanently... it's just for two fuckin' weeks, for christ's sake

he does it for the money and (maybe) to help axl

it has nothing to do with considering nugnr as still being guns n'roses

Edited by Mao5

Heh, this is just classic Slash. Don't think he's butthurt, he's been asked a million Guns questions since leaving the band, don't think this bothers him one bit.

Heh, this is just classic Slash. Don't think he's butthurt, he's been asked a million Guns questions since leaving the band, don't think this bothers him one bit.

Of course it bothers him but he doesnt wanna look bad.

I'm sorry but Slash's quote screams passive aggressive to me, especially the "I don't care" part.

It's not neutral at all. Neutral would be "Duff is free to play with whoever he wants to."

Im really sorry that Slash is not happy for Duff or Axl.

And yes, Axl is trolling Slash with Dj, the same way Slash is trolling Axl with MYLES KENNEDY.

Sole reason Duff is in has to do with Axl wanting to piss Slash off and isolate the two. I doubt Axl has any particular personal desire to do anything with another member of GNR as it was. Just that mildly depressing idea of occasionally show casing Duff or Izzy on the stage is well worth it considering how awesome pissing Slash off is to him. According to my incredibly valid and accurate kitchen table psychology, Axl sees the ordeal with him&Slash as some sort of a great battle between good and evil. Level headed, neutral POVs to situation, like what Mr Intercourse presented few posts above has absolutely no plce in Axl's head. This is a hateful, Machiavellian war against great evil. He is sure Slash views this s great, terrifying and damaging insult. As such, Axl considers this a valuable, good move.

I never thought of it this way but it makes total sense.

Axl is mad enough to damage his current GNR by bringing Duff back as an "old mate" in as some mad idea that he's proving to the public that he's not the last man on one side with all of the others hating him on the other side.

His timelines are so fucking slow and long that this desire to be vindicated still burns as brightly as ever.

is there anybody to confirm this is a good translation?

I suspect the comment would be different if it was duff rejoining gnr permanently.

Yes, it's a good translation. Don't know if the original English>Italian translation was any good though ;)

No, it is not. And I still suspect it is bogus.

Those of you who think Slash is jealous...could you please explain what in the hell Slash would have to be jealous of??? Axl and his Vegas tribute band is a pathetic and embarrassing mess. Duff has to be saying to himself "what was I thinking"...

Axl and his Vegas band are doing much better than Slash and his bar band.

In all honesty ANYBODY with the GNR brandname would do MUCH better :lol:

Y'know it's funny that you still defend Axl

What is funnier is that you find facts to be some form of defense. Pointing out reality to delusional people is in no way defending anything. Just like I'm not defending myself by pointing it out to you right here and now.

"Sole reason"? Tommy is on tour with The Replacements. So Axl needed someone to play bass. Yeah I guess he could´ve auditioned some other bass players. And maybe he would´ve done it if Duff wasn´t available. I think Axl made the right call for once. We don´t know all the details and we may never know. It´s great to see Duff again touring with Axl. and it´s a real shame we can´t have a reunion because Axl and Slash hate each other´s guts. And this sad situation between them won´t change anytime soon.

This is all slash's fault..

He shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion or he shouldn't be allowed to let anyone translate his words into English..

100% slashs fault.. Now axl will never pick the phone up and call slash.. And now I'm super sad because deep down axl wants to call him, I feel it deep in my loins like a flaming hawk.

DUFFMAN STARTS NOW