Chris Pitman - Your opinions?

Still waiting for someone to convince me why he's a "rockstar".

Um...I showed evidence a while back. But in case you missed it

121021-bridge-school-post-600-1350842372

If you don't know what makes him a rock star from this picture, you don't understand rock.

Tommy looks like he's a zombie that's about to eat someone on the stage.

A quick look at the Chinese Democracy credits shows he is probably one of the most essential members in regards to new music.

As for his live performance, this is all we need to remember. The man is a living legend and the only member of the band who truly rocks.

If anyone has a picture of Pittman rocking the hell out of that towel during Bridge School, please post it. I also suggest watching that performance of "Rockin' in the Free World" should be required viewing for any GN'R fan. You can literally see Chris slink his way to the front of the stage, stand next to Neil Young, and then decide, "fuck it Ill sing." It was more exciting than anything Axl did either night.

Don't forget about the towel incident.

Somehow, playing the towel was the most rock n roll thing about that performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaUoX1rEwVg

Yeah here's the video. He just casually walks in and sings on the chorus. Even if it is Neil Young, it's just a big communal song. It makes him a rock star because he's surrounded by talent that far surpasses him? Big whoop.

Moreover, how the fuck is he a living legend? Has anyone heard of him outside of this forum? I think the casual-GNR fans don't even know him. And what else, he toured with Tool for a year? Meh.

Edited by IRanOutOfIdeas

Still waiting for someone to convince me why he's a "rockstar".

Um...I showed evidence a while back. But in case you missed it

If you don't know what makes him a rock star from this picture, you don't understand rock.

Tommy looks like he's a zombie that's about to eat someone on the stage.

Which one's Tommy and which one's Chris?

A quick look at the Chinese Democracy credits shows he is probably one of the most essential members in regards to new music.

As for his live performance, this is all we need to remember. The man is a living legend and the only member of the band who truly rocks.

If anyone has a picture of Pittman rocking the hell out of that towel during Bridge School, please post it. I also suggest watching that performance of "Rockin' in the Free World" should be required viewing for any GN'R fan. You can literally see Chris slink his way to the front of the stage, stand next to Neil Young, and then decide, "fuck it Ill sing." It was more exciting than anything Axl did either night.

Somehow, playing the towel was the most rock n roll thing about that performance.

Yeah here's the video. He just casually walks in and sings on the chorus. Even if it is Neil Young, it's just a big communal song. It makes him a rock star because he's surrounded by talent that far surpasses him? Big whoop.

Moreover, how the fuck is he a living legend? Has anyone heard of him outside of this forum? I think the casual-GNR fans don't even know him. And what else, he toured with Tool for a year? Meh.

I think you take my posts a touch too seriously. No, I really do not think Chris Pittman is a "huge rock star." But that does not change the fact that I think it was awesome Chris essentially shoved his way to the front of that crowd of musicians and drunkenly sang with Neil Young.

I think you take my posts a touch too seriously. No, I really do not think Chris Pittman is a "huge rock star." But that does not change the fact that I think it was awesome Chris essentially shoved his way to the front of that crowd of musicians and drunkenly sang with Neil Young.

You know what? I did take them too seriously and I apologize.

Chris Pit(t)man is a rock legend. The legacy he has left on music is something Neil Young could only hope to replicate.

inb4niceguy

• 1 year later...

Did you forget that he is also backup bass player.