Male Fashion Thread

magisme

This thread is just as if not more cringeworthy than McCoys. Bunch of blokes gushing over shoes.

Now this is the perfect example of the kind of attitude I despise.

You see there still exists plenty of so called men out there who are so insecure in their own sexuality that they immediately criticise any guy that shows an interest in his appearance, particularly if that means discussing shoes/clothes.

The criticism usually involves outright accusations that the person in question is gay or implied suggestions as such.

You know what is gay? Sucking another guys cock.

You see amongst a certain section of society, real men would never dare to talk about clothes or their appearance. Yet they are the very ones who are so vocal about how other men should dress and look in order to look straight. It would be kind of funny if it wasn't so sad, small minded and pathetic.

Personally I am not all that bothered about what is in fashion but I do appreciate style and quality workmanship in the clothes/shoes I wear. It is also more economically sound to invest in quality handmade goods that last the test of time instead of buying cheap mass produced shit that falls apart in a matter of weeks.

I am also secure enough in my sexuality to be able to wear a pair of cowboy boots because I like them and appreciate the effort that goes into making them by hand and not have to worry that some cunt might draw false conclusions in his pea brain about who I like to fuck.

I don't walk around spending my time wondering if other guys are gay based on what they are wearing. I find it really odd that supposedly straight men are so worried about other mens sexuality. Are they afraid that they might catch the gay or something? :lol:

So if I want to talk about clothes/shoes and the like I will do so and if that bothers you then you have bigger issues to worry about frankly.

But do you sniff your shoes when you buy them? This is the important part. Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

Guest Len B'stard

This thread is just as if not more cringeworthy than McCoys. Bunch of blokes gushing over shoes.

You see there still exists plenty of so called men out there who are so insecure in their own sexuality that they immediately criticise any guy that shows an interest in his appearance, particularly if that means discussing shoes/clothes.

The criticism usually involves outright accusations that the person in question is gay or implied suggestions as such.

You see amongst a certain section of society, real men would never dare to talk about clothes or their appearance. Yet they are the very ones who are so vocal about how other men should dress and look in order to look straight. It would be kind of funny if it wasn't so sad, small minded and pathetic.

Personally I am not all that bothered about what is in fashion but I do appreciate style and quality workmanship in the clothes/shoes I wear. It is also more economically sound to invest in quality handmade goods that last the test of time instead of buying cheap mass produced shit that falls apart in a matter of weeks.

I am also secure enough in my sexuality to be able to wear a pair of cowboy boots because I like them and appreciate the effort that goes into making them by hand and not have to worry that some cunt might draw false conclusions in his pea brain about who I like to fuck.

I don't walk around spending my time wondering if other guys are gay based on what they are wearing. I find it really odd that supposedly straight men are so worried about other mens sexuality. Are they afraid that they might catch the gay or something? :lol:

So if I want to talk about clothes/shoes and the like I will do so and if that bothers you then you have bigger issues to worry about frankly.

But do you sniff your shoes when you buy them? This is the important part.

Can you tell the difference between real and fake leather?

I think so? I love a good leather jacket. The good ones are always so expensive though.

No, I didn't. I just found rather ironic one can mock highlights or guyliner as gay however don't dare to criticize cowboy boots because I like them. The thing is, I don't even believe people are being serious with those comments, I honestly believe 90% of people are just taking the piss using old cliches.

But you can't stop people from thinking whatever they want, and if you're annoyed because someone not very secure about their sexuality makes a mocking comment, then it's your problem. Look at Kate Upton at the MET gala , her risky choice was criticized, therefore when you decide to wear whatever, even a hoodie and jeans, you can't stop people from having opinions and judging. As humans, we like to judge others according to our taste, but we can't handle that good to be judged.

Guest Len B'stard

I think so? I love a good leather jacket. The good ones are always so expensive though.

A good portion of how you discern is to do with how it smells, that viynl bollocks don't give off that leathery smell. Not tryna have a go or some, just trying to illustrate how smelling leather isn't some odd out of the way thing, it's quite common. That said, as previously stated, i sort of shared your amusement with the shoe smelling thing, despite getting where she was coming from.

No, I didn't. I just found rather ironic one can mock highlights or guyliner as gay however don't dare to criticize cowboy boots because I like them. The thing is, I don't even believe people are being serious with those comments, I honestly believe 90% of people are just taking the piss using old cliches.

But you can't stop people from thinking whatever they want, and if you're annoyed because someone not very secure about their sexuality makes a mocking comment, then it's your problem. Look at Kate Upton at the MET gala , her risky choice was criticized, therefore when you decide to wear whatever, even a hoodie and jeans, you can't stop people from having opinions and judging. As humans, we like to judge others according to our taste, but we can't handle that good to be judged.

Yes but you can address them when you don't agree, right? Sort of the function of discussion boards and forums. To be clear, when my position opposes yours its not the same as me saying that your position should be eradicated, it's just one telling the other how they differ.

Guest Len B'stard

Regarding smelling leather, got a new leather sofa a few weeks back and the room it is in has this lovely leather smell now :D

Thank you sir, illustrated my point admirably. Same when people buy new motors with leather interiors and they say go on about that brand spanking new smell etc.

Yes but you can address them when you don't agree, right? Sort of the function of discussion boards and forums. To be clear, when my position opposes yours its not the same as me saying that your position should be eradicated, it's just one telling the other how they differ.

Exactly my point.

Guest Len B'stard

Exactly my point.

Calling someone a bender...continually over and over again, on the part of multiple people isn't really reasoned discussion or expressing how you differ though is it? It's being a prick and trying to be funny, now THAT is what bothers people and that is the sort of thing that illcits the response that Kicker offered up. I mean you're acting as if it's like one comment once, there's 21 pages here, have a look-see how many time that shit has happened. 'OMG, it's turning into a clothes forum' or 'OMG, guys talking about clothes' and even entire threads dedicated to what is basically piss-taking of that shit.

Now someone responding to someone with a serious point in a wound up, uptight way outta nowhere would support your position more clearly.

Edited by sugaraylen

You definitely missed my point.

Norway's constitutional day is this Saturday, so I bought a blue blazer, a white handkerchief and a bottle of champagne for the occasion. I'll be wearing the blazer and handkerchief with a pair of beige chinos, a white shirt and a black and red bow-tie. I've never really worn a handkerchief before, so I'm not sure whether I should have avoided matching it with my shirt, but whatever. If it doesn't look great, I can just hide it in my pocket. Also, I'll be wearing brown shoes.

Edited by Lithium