Male Fashion Thread

magisme

Yeah, but he doesn't have a problem with people, oops MEN, talking about clothes. :shrugs:

No, but he'll make comments about those who do. Besides, don't you want to see Lenny? :heart:

I think its only fair you get some flak for sniffing shoes when you buy them, especially if you laugh at McCoy at the same time.

I've seen him and he looks like a lanky dark streak of piss with the eyes of a serial killer. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Do you not think this false masculinity communicated by way of purchasing clothes whilst blindfolded because any kind of aknowledgement of sartorial elegance makes you feel like a sissy? I mean seriously, whats more cringeworthy here? You wanna prove how much of a geezer you are by the way you purchase clothes? :lol:

Seriously, you wanna prove how much of a MAAAAAAN you are, theres better guages of that shit than a persons reaction to clothes.

I reckon dressing like you got some self respect is a part of being a bloke of some worth.

The funny thing is the guys that are the ones going on about being a maaannn and how hooray for tolerance!-ish it is to go on about clothes, its like the weediest fuckin' guys on the forum going on about that shit, ive seen some of your pictures in the pic thread, half of em look like a strong breeze'd knock em over, going on about all this maaan shit, dont make me laugh :lol:

Still haven't seen a pic of you.

Yeah and you wont but if the curiosities killing you come meet me outside The One Belll pub on Watford High Street anytime you like :)

Yeah, but he doesn't have a problem with people, oops MEN, talking about clothes. :shrugs:

No, but he'll make comments about those who do. Besides, don't you want to see Lenny? :heart:

I think its only fair you get some flak for sniffing shoes when you buy them, especially if you laugh at McCoy at the same time.

Nah, the sniffing bit deserves it although i get what she means :lol:

I'm sorry, what did you have to do with this? Are you Broski's employee? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I've seen him and he looks like a lanky dark streak of piss with the eyes of a serial killer. :lol:

Thank you :lol: I aint that dark, anythings darker than you :lol:

Nah, the sniffing bit deserves it although i get what she means :lol:

Again, I THOUGHT you had style. :max:

Have you seriously NEVER appreciated the smell of leather when you bought new shoes? Has that moment of realising that quality is not just a visual, but also has a scent, never hit home with you?

I'm very picky about perfume. I loathe many commercial perfumes. I wear a few Chanel, Bulgari, Prada and Annick Goutal perfumes, but the smell of leather is better than any of those fragrances.

Guest Len B'stard

I said i know what you mean, meaning i get it its something i do..i wouldnt fault a bunch of people giving me stick for it though cuz if it was me in their position I'd do it too :lol:

I suppose I don't define 'enjoyment' in any way whatsoever. Some people get enjoyment injecting shit that will eventually kill them into their veins, some people enjoy killing small furry animals in an apparent sport called 'hunting', some people enjoy buying shoes and appreciate the smell of new leather. I'm glad I'm the latter. :D

Guest Len B'stard

I suppose I don't define 'enjoyment' in any way whatsoever. Some people get enjoyment injecting shit that will eventually kill them into their veins, some people enjoy killing small furry animals in an apparent sport called 'hunting', some people enjoy buying shoes and appreciate the smell of new leather. I'm glad I'm the latter. :D

Yeah, they kill the animals, me and you wear em :lol:

Just purchased a seersucker suit jacket.

I really wanna get like a burgundy wine coloured type suit?

This? This thread? Subject? Elaborate. I can comment on whatever I like and since my post caused a bit of a stir, Id say quite a lot. :)

I'm not mocking fashion. Dont worry, Red. I'm not even opposed to guys into it. I am to a certain degree. Its good to have pride with your appearance, but if you're gonna sit around discussing the aroma a certain part of a shoe gives off I'm going to make some comments and judgements. I think its pretty fuckin funny. Especially if youre giving another guy crap about his appearance or whatever. Its nothing personal, Id say the same to my mates :lol:

When I next drop down London..Ill pm lenny!

Guest Len B'stard

This? This thread? Subject? Elaborate. I can comment on whatever I like and since my post caused a bit of a stir, Id say quite a lot. :)

I'm not mocking fashion. Dont worry, Red. I'm not even opposed to guys into it. I am to a certain degree. Its good to have pride with your appearance, but if you're gonna sit around discussing the aroma a certain part of a shoe gives off I'm going to make some comments and judgements. I think its pretty fuckin funny. Especially if youre giving another guy crap about his appearance or whatever. Its nothing personal, Id say the same to my mates :lol:

When I next drop down London..Ill pm lenny!

It's just blokes talking about shoes and clothes for the most part, I'm a pretty blokey-bloke myself, you won't find me going on about guyliner and fuckin' sandals myself but it just appears the very idea of men having any kind of awareness of their presentation is pounced on over here, seems a bit ridiculous to me cuz i can guarantee you not a single bloke on this forum is really from the 'i'll wear anything' school...if anything, people that have all these hang ups regarding clothes are the ones who are the strictest about it and tend to wear the same shit over and over, that sort of a regimented response, to me, seems like the mirror opposite of not caring.

That said I'm all for the idea of giving people stick when they get a bit poncey.

This thread is just as if not more cringeworthy than McCoys. Bunch of blokes gushing over shoes.

Now this is the perfect example of the kind of attitude I despise.

You see there still exists plenty of so called men out there who are so insecure in their own sexuality that they immediately criticise any guy that shows an interest in his appearance, particularly if that means discussing shoes/clothes.

The criticism usually involves outright accusations that the person in question is gay or implied suggestions as such.

You know what is gay? Sucking another guys cock.

You see amongst a certain section of society, real men would never dare to talk about clothes or their appearance. Yet they are the very ones who are so vocal about how other men should dress and look in order to look straight. It would be kind of funny if it wasn't so sad, small minded and pathetic.

Personally I am not all that bothered about what is in fashion but I do appreciate style and quality workmanship in the clothes/shoes I wear. It is also more economically sound to invest in quality handmade goods that last the test of time instead of buying cheap mass produced shit that falls apart in a matter of weeks.

I am also secure enough in my sexuality to be able to wear a pair of cowboy boots because I like them and appreciate the effort that goes into making them by hand and not have to worry that some cunt might draw false conclusions in his pea brain about who I like to fuck.

I don't walk around spending my time wondering if other guys are gay based on what they are wearing. I find it really odd that supposedly straight men are so worried about other mens sexuality. Are they afraid that they might catch the gay or something? :lol:

So if I want to talk about clothes/shoes and the like I will do so and if that bothers you then you have bigger issues to worry about frankly.

*applaudes*

Guest Len B'stard

This thread is just as if not more cringeworthy than McCoys. Bunch of blokes gushing over shoes.

You see there still exists plenty of so called men out there who are so insecure in their own sexuality that they immediately criticise any guy that shows an interest in his appearance, particularly if that means discussing shoes/clothes.

The criticism usually involves outright accusations that the person in question is gay or implied suggestions as such.

You see amongst a certain section of society, real men would never dare to talk about clothes or their appearance. Yet they are the very ones who are so vocal about how other men should dress and look in order to look straight. It would be kind of funny if it wasn't so sad, small minded and pathetic.

Personally I am not all that bothered about what is in fashion but I do appreciate style and quality workmanship in the clothes/shoes I wear. It is also more economically sound to invest in quality handmade goods that last the test of time instead of buying cheap mass produced shit that falls apart in a matter of weeks.

I am also secure enough in my sexuality to be able to wear a pair of cowboy boots because I like them and appreciate the effort that goes into making them by hand and not have to worry that some cunt might draw false conclusions in his pea brain about who I like to fuck.

I don't walk around spending my time wondering if other guys are gay based on what they are wearing. I find it really odd that supposedly straight men are so worried about other mens sexuality. Are they afraid that they might catch the gay or something? :lol:

So if I want to talk about clothes/shoes and the like I will do so and if that bothers you then you have bigger issues to worry about frankly.

Bollocks, i said the same thing, why'd he get all the likes? :lol: *writes down list of names of likers in Richard Nixon/Axl Rose-esque book of enemies*

Bollocks, i said the same thing, why'd he get all the likes? :lol: *writes down list of names of likers in Richard Nixon/Axl Rose-esque book of enemies*
Because everyone knows the best kit you got is your taxi driver's uniform.

*starts rockets, blasts off, bye bye Milky Way* :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Because everyone knows the best kit you got is your taxi driver's uniform.

*starts rockets, blasts off, bye bye Milky Way* :lol:

Trakkie bottoms and a curry stained polo shirt :lol:

I am also secure enough in my sexuality to be able to wear a pair of cowboy boots

Kudos for you. That's awesome man, honestly (not only this sentence but the whole post). But if you're secure enough, you shouldn't get upset if people laugh at you for it, because you wear what you want and how you want. Not everybody is so secure about their sexuality, not everybody like the same things, some poeple just thik cowboy boots belong to a farm, some people just find them hideous. And you gotta deal with it. Like DJ Ashba deals with it.

I don't think cowboy boots make you look gay per se, I don't think Clint Eastwood looked gay at all. But I don't think highlights make you look gay either. However some of you didn't have a problem laughing at that because you don't like it. See the irony?

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I am also secure enough in my sexuality to be able to wear a pair of cowboy boots

Kudos for you. That's awesome man, honestly (not only this sentence but the whole post). But if you're secure enough, you shouldn't get upset if people laugh at you for it, because you wear what you want and how you want. Not everybody is so secure about their sexuality, not everybody like the same things, some poeple just thik cowboy boots belong to a farm, some people just find them hideous. And you gotta deal with it. Like DJ Ashba deals with it.

I don't think cowboy boots make you look gay per se, I don't think Clint Eastwood looked gay at all. But I don't think highlights make you look gay either. However some of you didn't have a problem laughing at that because you don't like it. See the irony?

Does making a distinction regarding a falsehood necessarily constitute having a problem to the point where it indicates the sort of masked predilection that Kicker was getting at though?

Guest Len B'stard

Does making a distinction regarding a falsehood necessarily constitute having a problem to the point where it indicates the sort of masked predilection that Kicker was getting at though?

Did you see the part where I said "kudos for you...", right?

Yes I did only i wasn't talking about that part.