Male Fashion Thread

magisme

Wearing pre-torn jeans to me has an equivalent effect as walking around with a big sign saying 'IM A CUNT'.

I absolutely hate torn jeans. And I can't understand anyone buying them already torn. If you look at all the pairs hanging on the rack they're all torn in exactly the same place. How fucking pretentious and lacking imagination is that? And the people who buy them are even worse.

Wearing pre-torn jeans to me has an equivalent effect as walking around with a big sign saying 'IM A CUNT'.

I absolutely hate torn jeans. And I can't understand anyone buying them already torn. If you look at all the pairs hanging on the rack they're all torn in exactly the same place. How fucking pretentious and lacking imagination is that? And the people who buy them are even worse.
You are officially my favourite person in the world and you can officially shit in my mouth whilst proclaiming the worst fashion taste in the world and it's all forgiven due to the above post. :D
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

You are officially my favourite person in the world and you can officially shit in my mouth whilst proclaiming the worst fashion taste in the world and it's all forgiven due to the above post. :D

Oi, i just said the same fuckin' thing, why aren't I for favorite person you cunt? :lol:

Out of curiosity, any of you guys ever shop at Ross or Marshall's? They can be hit or miss but usually, you can find some sick deals on just about any type of name brand clothing and shoes. I bought a pair of Doc Martins there a few years ago for about $30....insanely cheap.

Edited by Kasanova King

Oi, i just said the same fuckin' thing, why aren't I for favorite person you cunt? :lol:
Because she explained the specifics behind it all, she's white and a sweetheart whereas you're a giant, brown, anthropomorphic twat. :D

Guest Len B'stard

Because she explained the specifics behind it all, she's white and a sweetheart whereas you're a giant, brown, anthropomorphic twat. :D

There's not really anywhere I can go from that so I'm just gonna shut up :lol:

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, any of you guys ever shop at Ross or Marshall's? They can be hit or miss but usually, you can find some sick deals on just about any type of name brand clothing and shoes. I bought a pair of Doc Martins there a few years ago for about $30....insanely cheap.

No, I live in Australia. We don't have Ross or Marshalls. :(

I do love a bargain so I have to scour the Internet for good deals. Asos.com and eBay tend to have the best deals, although you have to be careful these days with eBay because there are so many sellers with fake merchandise.

It's good to see a lot of American retailers now shipping to Australia (like Saks, J Crew, Neimen Marcus and Nordstrom) but there really aren't any bargains to be had. I'm waiting for Zappos to start international shipping but its not looking likely at this stage. They did it once for about 6 months and I bought a Dooney & Bourke bag at a great price, but they stopped shortly after I bought the bag. And it was a pain in the ass, you had to make the order by phone and due to time zone differences I had to do it at like midnight and the delay made it hard for us to understand each other. Don't get why they can't just do it all online like everyone else does. :huh:

I do love a bargain so I have to scour the Internet for good deals. Asos.com and eBay tend to have the best deals, although you have to be careful these days with eBay because there are so many sellers with fake merchandise.

It's good to see a lot of American retailers now shipping to Australia (like Saks, J Crew, Neimen Marcus and Nordstrom) but there really aren't any bargains to be had. I'm waiting for Zappos to start international shipping but its not looking likely at this stage. They did it once for about 6 months and I bought a Dooney & Bourke bag at a great price, but they stopped shortly after I bought the bag. And it was a pain in the ass, you had to make the order by phone and due to time zone differences I had to do it at like midnight and the delay made it hard for us to understand each other. Don't get why they can't just do it all online like everyone else does. :huh:

I was thinking about starting a small eBay side business selling designer brand clothing. I know if I spend a solid day searching my local clearance outlets I could easily find plenty of apparel that I could triple my money on. It would come down to shipping costs overseas, etc. What type of range would say a 2 or 3 pound package cost to ship from the US to Australia?

Are they thrift stores/charity shops? I don't think we have them over here.

It's a lot easier to pick up clothing second hand if it's designer - I couldn't afford any otherwise :lol:

I was thinking about starting a small eBay side business selling designer brand clothing. I know if I spend a solid day searching my local clearance outlets I could easily find plenty of apparel that I could triple my money on. It would come down to shipping costs overseas, etc. What type of range would say a 2 or 3 pound package cost to ship from the US to Australia?

I don't remember to be honest, I know that most eBay sellers just work it out on the USPS postal calculator and put the rates up for every country they're willing to post to, based on delivery to any metro area (not country, regional areas) but its the one thing about US to Australia eBay purchases that is expensive compared to other parts of the world. I don't know why but postage by International Priority is rather up there. I only ever purchase with tracking too because I'm usually buying bags and shoes that aren't cheap and I'm not going to risk it getting lost in the mail. But that hasn't stopped me before. I've bought some really nice Kate Spade bags, a Tory Burch bag, a Tod's bag and a Cole Haan bag for much less than I could buy them retail here and that was including the shipping costs. You can tend to get good prices for brands that aren't available here too, that's always a big draw.

What kind of brands are you able to get?

Are they thrift stores/charity shops? I don't think we have them over here.

It's a lot easier to pick up clothing second hand if it's designer - I couldn't afford any otherwise :lol:

No, they're actually close-out outlets. All the apparel is brand new.

I don't remember to be honest, I know that most eBay sellers just work it out on the USPS postal calculator and put the rates up for every country they're willing to post to, based on delivery to any metro area (not country, regional areas) but its the one thing about US to Australia eBay purchases that is expensive compared to other parts of the world. I don't know why but postage by International Priority is rather up there. I only ever purchase with tracking too because I'm usually buying bags and shoes that aren't cheap and I'm not going to risk it getting lost in the mail. But that hasn't stopped me before. I've bought some really nice Kate Spade bags, a Tory Burch bag, a Tod's bag and a Cole Haan bag for much less than I could buy them retail here and that was including the shipping costs. You can tend to get good prices for brands that aren't available here too, that's always a big draw.

What kind of brands are you able to get?

I know I can get all the main brands like Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Guess, Perry Ellis, Coach, Gucci, Nike, Steve Madden...to name a few.

• Like 1

Glow can pull it off, he's French. :awesomeface:

But one thing that French men learn is what is their personal style and how to present that without being influenced by anyone/anything else. They stick to it faithfully. My guess from your posts in this thread mags, is that you too have your own personal style 'a la Francaise'.

I do, but I keep it pretty classic. Fashion forward but classic.

French style is 99% of the time underpinned with a classic sensibility. That's why I imagine you 'a la Francaise'. Jean Paul Gaultier and Martin Margiela are rogues of French fashion. :awesomeface:

Your taste is probably leaning more towards the American culture for neat but relaxed, casual sportiness, as opposed to the French (and also Italian) very fine taste for exquisite tailoring which is slowly becoming a thing of the past due to today's more relaxed corporate environment.

It's interesting that Glow (as a young French dude) wears cool scarves when required to present a certain style/image and that you too gravitate to that look. I see this as a sign that the traditional tie is becoming a thing of the past and young men are looking to other ways to express formality other than the usual 'suit and tie' ensemble. Cool. :)

• Like 1

I do, but I keep it pretty classic. Fashion forward but classic.

French style is 99% of the time underpinned with a classic sensibility. That's why I imagine you 'a la Francaise'. Jean Paul Gaultier and Martin Margiela are rogues of French fashion. :awesomeface:

Your taste is probably leaning more towards the American culture for neat but relaxed, casual sportiness, as opposed to the French (and also Italian) very fine taste for exquisite tailoring which is slowly becoming a thing of the past due to today's more relaxed corporate environment.

It's interesting that Glow (as a young French dude) wears cool scarves when required to present a certain style/image and that you too gravitate to that look. I see this as a sign that the traditional tie is becoming a thing of the past and young men are looking to other ways to express formality other than the usual 'suit and tie' ensemble. Cool. :)

:wub: