Male Fashion Thread

magisme

I want the one you posted, Red. The one I posted is Barbour too.

Well that's confirmed your good taste, sir. :D I couldn't tell from the pic what the label was.

I was going to buy a Barbour jacket, in fact I was desperately trying to get one a few years ago but at the time none of the online retailers would ship to Australia, including the Barbour website. :max: I was trying so hard to give them the $300 + shipping it was going to cost me! Instead I happened to be at Zara and they had an awesome knock off with lovely corduroy details on the shoulders (very 'hunting-in-the-English-countryside' kind of look) PLUS a sleeveless version. I bought the sleeved jacket in olive green for $130 and the sleeveless version in navy for $80! And with the $90 left over a very cute spangly little party dress. :awesomeface:

I bought those jackets about 3 years ago and still wore the shit out of them this winter and I imagine I will do so next year and the year after as well. In fact the weather is just getting warmer now so I'll switch to the sleeveless version when walking the dog. I've had 3 people stop me and ask me where I got them. Zara had an even better version this year and I reckon they should give me a free dress or something for sending business their way which they otherwise wouldn't have had.

Fucking love quilted jackets. They're timeless, practical and really stylish.

Edit: took some pics:

2mhe7mh.jpg1zlae4o.jpg

Edited by Redhead74
  • Like 1

Loving the olive green one, Len. :)

For some reason I gravitate towards the colours, not black, when it comes to a quilted jacket. I think it's because it's more in keeping with the whole 'hunting' look. Green, brown, navy all work a treat. The original Barbour jacket I wanted was a dark purple and it was sublime (:drool:) but I think purple is more of a women's colour when it comes to quilted jackets. I doubt they even make that colour in the men's range really when I think about it.

Go for a colour, Mags. :)

I'm so glad summer is over and I can start wearing the good shit again. Shorts and polos get boring as fuck.

Lol! I'm totally celebrating the start of spring because I can FINALLY start wearing fun dresses again! I'm so fucking sick of wearing tailored looks. Women's winter clothes are so boring IMO. Except for this awesome gold brocade skirt I bought and a multi colour sequin top, but you can't wear them too often because the next thing everyone is going....."here she comes in that gold skirt/sequin top..........AGAIN!" :rolleyes:

Short skirts, dresses, shorts, playsuits......here I come!!! :awesomeface:

Edit: the only things I will be sad to have to put away for 5 months is my boots, especially my over the knee boots.

Edited by Redhead74

I'm so glad summer is over and I can start wearing the good shit again. Shorts and polos get boring as fuck.

I'm just happy it's cold enough to wear my leather jacket again.

I need one of those too. Haven't had one since I was a teen.

I got mine from Hugo Boss - it's my most expensive piece of clothing, but it was worth it.

I looooove leather at the moment. I just did a tally on the number of leather garments I bought in the last 18 months and I'm at 8. A combination of skirts (3), dresses (1), tops (1), shorts (1) and jackets (2).

When it comes to men's leather jackets I like: colours (pref. not black) and details, be it pockets, panelling and zips or buttons. I really like this one:

i78q4w.jpg

My blue and cream Wallys are getting posted out on Friday, WHOO HOOO!! BACK TO FURRY KANGOLS, JAMAICAN WALLABEES, MY BACK IN ON THE WALL, BOMBIN' DEVILS WITH TRICK-KNOWLEDGY, MY HEART IS COLD LIKE RUSSIA, GOT JERKED AT THE SOURCE AWARDS, NEXT YEAR TWO hooray for tolerance!Z COMIN' WITH SWORDS!!!!!!!!!!

My blue and cream Wallys are getting posted out on Friday, WHOO HOOO!! BACK TO FURRY KANGOLS, JAMAICAN WALLABEES, MY BACK IN ON THE WALL, BOMBIN' DEVILS WITH TRICK-KNOWLEDGY, MY HEART IS COLD LIKE RUSSIA, GOT JERKED AT THE SOURCE AWARDS, NEXT YEAR TWO hooray for tolerance!Z COMIN' WITH SWORDS!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! :)