Male Fashion Thread

magisme

newboots_zps65759338.jpg

Sorry, but I couldn't own a pair of boots where the shaft is all nice and shiny but the vamp and counter are dull. Deal breaker for me. I would pull those babies out of the box and feel automatically compelled to polish them up. :max:

Clean shoes are a must. On a related note, the cat scratched up my Wolverine 1000 miles the other night. I spent like an hour trying to buff that shit out. Little bitch.

Yeah, what a bitch.

Not sure whether to: :max: or :awesomeface:

:lol:

I'm thinking about buying a few more suits. What's the latest trend in suits? I don't particularly like the "tight fitting" look. They will be worn in a business/professional setting.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Try to keep the price tag under the $500 range per suit. ;)

The clothes that you actually wear in the pics thread suit you a million more times than any of the Lebowski models ensembles that you post man, you got a style nailed, that guy just looks like...i dunno, crap. More fuckin' guitar players need to dress smart, suits and that. You wouldn't see Muddy Waters of The Wolf poncing about in a pair of dungarees.

Edited by Lennie Godber

The clothes that you actually wear in the pics thread suit you a million more times than any of the Lebowski models ensembles that you post man, you got a style nailed, that guy just looks like...i dunno, crap. More fuckin' guitar players need to dress smart, suits and that. You wouldn't see Muddy Waters of The Wolf poncing about in a pair of dungarees.

I think the clothes are great, it's just the model who looks awful :lol:

Get the jacket Glow, it's awesome.

Looks right out of the trendys handbook though eh?

Depends on the person wearing it I guess :shrugs: If it suits him, then who cares if it's 'trendy' or not?

• Like 1

Depends on the person wearing it I guess :shrugs: If it suits him, then who cares if it's 'trendy' or not?

True, all about how it looks on ya I suppose.

I'm thinking about buying a few more suits. What's the latest trend in suits? I don't particularly like the "tight fitting" look. They will be worn in a business/professional setting.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Try to keep the price tag under the $500 range per suit. ;)

Under $500? :(

The making of a suit is a really intricate procedure. Even when it's 'off the rack' a good suit has more work inside than what is apparent from the outside. And a suit is something that shouldn't be made from crap fabrics considering how often it is worn. It's one of those few items that you need to invest in quality and you will be rewarded day in day out for that investment.

• Like 1

I'm buying a new suit too once my paycheck arrives. I've never owned a charcoal suit, so I think that's what I'll be buying. I'm gonna look sexy as fuck at the Christmas party with work.

b9426643aa885d420dcb4c9a3b2e2a6e.jpg

The making of a suit is a really intricate procedure. Even when it's 'off the rack' a good suit has more work inside than what is apparent from the outside. And a suit is something that shouldn't be made from crap fabrics considering how often it is worn. It's one of those few items that you need to invest in quality and you will be rewarded day in day out for that investment.

you nailed it

I wish I could find a cheap tailor here, however a large suit reatiler aren;t going to start offering a bespoke service, very cheap too

you nailed it

I wish I could find a cheap tailor here, however a large suit reatiler aren;t going to start offering a bespoke service, very cheap too

It's one of those things where if you have very 'standard' body measurements that fit really close to the concept of what the garment industry thinks is 'standard' then you can buy a suit from an 'off the rack' retailer and if the fabrics used are good quality, then it will be a good suit, but not necessarily a great suit. The reality is that most people don't fit the 'standard' measurements. Whether it be body length or the upper/lower body ratio, most people end up with something not quite fitting right. And then there's the factor that off the rack suits don't use the same techniques in making it that a bespoke tailor uses. A 'great' suit is one that fits really well and wears really well over time. To achieve that a mind blowing number of hand stitching goes into the inside of the suit, like this:

23m7dxl.jpg

These stitches are applied to the whole front of the jacket with the collar having these stitches about a quarter of the size (and therefore 4 times the work). It keeps the structure of the suit in good shape for many, many wears. A mass made 'off the rack' suit doesn't have any of this hand stitching and as a result you get sagging and sloppiness after multiple wears. Unfortunately the mass producers haven't been able to make machines that recreate those hand stitches.

I'm buying a new suit too once my paycheck arrives. I've never owned a charcoal suit, so I think that's what I'll be buying. I'm gonna look sexy as fuck at the Christmas party with work.

b9426643aa885d420dcb4c9a3b2e2a6e.jpg

You wanna go tailored or you're gonna need a shoehorn to get into it.

• Like 1