Male Fashion Thread

magisme

Every once in a while you ask us whether that particular mullet, this particular stache, or that particular creepy outfit is okay for you to wear.

How about you grow some balls, stop asking us, and actually wear that shit because you like it ?

Glow Glow Glow, i never knew you had such aggression in you. Kinda sexy :lol:

Oh, don't worry : very few outfits are intrinsically creepy.

An outfit only becomes creepy when the person wearing it is using it as a means to an end, to look like someone he or she isn't rather than for his or her own happiness.

But how do you know what I am identity wise? I happen to like old clothes because I feel old fashioned. I find a lot of modern fashion boring. I mean, a new trend at least in my area is "Lumbersexual". It's lame to me. I just like to look like something between a ragged worn out person and an aristocrat because that's kind of how I feel emotionally.

This is what's popular where I live:

19985.jpg

This is a variant of Lumbersexual that I would wear:

lumbersexual-00.jpg

But the thing is, I've always loved the '90s rocker look. The denim. The plaid. The grungy kurt cobain look. But I've also loved looks of other eras, like the 18th century. The Aristocrat with a little earring and a ponytail. The 19th century bearded Walt Whitman sort of look. There's a lot I like. It's simply not stuff that is popular nowadays sadly.

I despise the 'grunge' look. It's SOOOOO disingenuous and boring and limp and hippie looking. Uninspired.

You gonna argue Kurt didn't look awesome here?:

50697.6a00d83451b05569e20120a6a6e781970b

It was his own thing, therefore he had a natural symmetry with it. He didn't have some homo stylist come up with a look for him nor did he go flicking through magazines trying to find cool looks and put together a mish mash of what he found.
  • Like 2

Hey, what's wrong with going through magazines to find the clothes you like?

Kurt's sweater is fantastic. Grunge look is shit. My brother still dresses grunge-ish. I know him well, so I know, at least for him, it's much more about not having a clue what to put on, not having much imagination, laziness, and insecurity. I do love my brother, though. :lol: