Male Fashion Thread

magisme

Guest Len B'stard

I went into H&M today to buy a $6.95 belt for my partner and came out with a bag of stuff totalling $178. :huh:

I don't know how I do this? I see stuff and the next thing I'm trying something on (not even in a fitting room, I just put it on in the aisles and find the nearest mirror) and I love it and I think about all the things that it would go really well with in my current wardrobe (vastly enhancing that wardrobe thereby justifying previous purchases) and then some random girl tells me she loves it and goes to try one on herself and I look at the price tag and laugh out loud knowing that I couldn't possibly make the same thing for that price and the next thing I know I'm happily strolling out the store with a few glam new additions to my repertoire of outfits.

But not saving any money.

And I wanted it but sooooooo didn't NEED it. (Well at the point of purchase I believe I 'need' it because it goes so well with the shoes I bought last week that I didn't really need either).

Ah whatever.......none of it goes on credit, it's money I HAVE. Well I have it for a short period of time. :lol: And most importantly, I LOVE IT ALL!!!

I FUCKING LOVE MY STUFF!

That's unhealthy isn't it?

(PS, for those wondering I bought a gorgeous olive green brocade evening coat with the most amazing sleeves, a casual style jumper which is great for the cooler months, and yes, the $6.95 belt for my man. :awesomeface:)

Something goes with everything so every purchase prompts another to set off the prior purchase in the correct fashion :D

Edited by sugaraylen

white sport socks or black nylon socks?

I always try to dress like Roger Dangerfield after he won the lotto. mix and match beach wear with italian designer brands, throw in some sports socks and sandals.

If you have the money to spend it's no big deal really. As long as you actually like it and use it.

Thank you kindly, good sir. :thumbsup: I was contemplating having that quote tattooed on my inner arm but then I remembered I don't actually need any assistance in spending my money. THAT would be a waste of money that could be better spent at H&M or Zara. :P

Yes, I do indeed love my stuff and use it quite proficiently. Of course, I'm rapidly reaching the point where I can't possibly use my stuff A LOT because I have so much of it and there are only so many days in a week and so many weeks in a season, but I'm glad to say that there are several pieces in my wardrobe that I've been wearing for years. Some even getting close to 5 years. Actually I have several jackets and coats that I bought 10 YEARS AGO and I'm still wearing them happily!!!

Jesus fucking Christ I'm feeling really good about my spending habits right now. Totts, you're a legend! :awesomeface:

Something goes with everything so every purchase prompts another to set off the prior purchase in the correct fashion :D

I know, I know, H&M, Zara, Asos, etc, etc, they're all rubbing their hands together with glee and chuckling at one another knowing they GOT ANOTHER SUCKER!!!!!

I declare myself guilty on all counts. They won.

But so did I! Because I FUCKING LOVE MY STUFF!!!!

Think I might go and polish all my shoes now, just for fun........

If you have the money to spend it's no big deal really. As long as you actually like it and use it.

Thank you kindly, good sir. :thumbsup: I was contemplating having that quote tattooed on my inner arm but then I remembered I don't actually need any assistance in spending my money. THAT would be a waste of money that could be better spent at H&M or Zara. :P

Yes, I do indeed love my stuff and use it quite proficiently. Of course, I'm rapidly reaching the point where I can't possibly use my stuff A LOT because I have so much of it and there are only so many days in a week and so many weeks in a season, but I'm glad to say that there are several pieces in my wardrobe that I've been wearing for years. Some even getting close to 5 years. Actually I have several jackets and coats that I bought 10 YEARS AGO and I'm still wearing them happily!!!

Jesus fucking Christ I'm feeling really good about my spending habits right now. Totts, you're a legend! :awesomeface:

At the end of the day regardless of whatever you purchase as long as you enjoy it, use it and can afford it nobody has any right to tell you it is a waste of money.

It could be clothes, books, movies, games, art or whatever; as long as you get what you wanted from it that is all that matters.

At the end of the day regardless of whatever you purchase as long as you enjoy it, use it and can afford it nobody has any right to tell you it is a waste of money.

It could be clothes, books, movies, games, art or whatever; as long as you get what you wanted from it that is all that matters.

Hall-e-fucking-lu-jah!!!! I think Vogue might recognise you as the second coming of Christ. :thumbsup:

Guest Len B'stard

Christ would never support Tottenham. Actually, thinking about it, he'd be most likely to :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Christ would never support Tottenham. Actually, thinking about it, he'd be most likely to :lol:

Vogue has never heard of this thing you call......Totten-ham.

What is that? A budding fashion label? A new brand of shoes? It sounds English so maybe it has something to do with tailoring?

Guest Len B'stard

20131122_226288.jpg

Arsenal boys epitomise style, on and off the pitch :D Even out kit looks the coolest:

Giroud_1623168a.jpg

Edited by sugaraylen

Don't fucking try and palm me off with some moron footie dudes in suits. THEY didn't choose them, did they? Fucking hell, they're all wearing EXACTLY the same thing. That's a uniform, not style! :max:

Show me something truly unique and stylish and then I'll reconsider.

• Like 1

Yeah but you're not judging them as individuals my dear you're judging the suit as a garment :)

:huh:

A suit IS a garment. There's no distinction when 25 (or however many) guys wear the same thing. That's not style, it's not fashion, it's a uniform and I fucking HATE uniforms. For someone to have style they can't just suit up and go "I'm cool as fuck", they have to have style beyond that which equates to suit attire. It's not about formality (that's why I laugh at football players wearing a suit. Yes. They are physically fit and will probably wear a suit well) but knowing what works on an individual and what doesn't.

Guest Len B'stard

I get what you mean but...the way i see it is it's a cool thing for a football team to do. They ain't gonna be wearing their own choice because it's something that they are doing under the auspices of and as representatives of Arsenal FC. I think it's a great thing, it conveys a sense of class and style. It's some different for a football team to do, as opposed to have no nod to sartorial elegance in your make up whatsoever. But no, you're right, it's not fashion in the sense that you are describing. There's not supposed to be a distinction outside of it being representative of a team, thats not whats being aimed for here.

And y'know, fashion designers do uniforms too, just ask Hugo Boss...from a few feet away mind :lol:

I need a new pair of brown boots, so I'm looking around. No lie, I'm honestly tempted to buy these: :lol:

http://www.bootbarn.com/Laredo-Men%27s-Snake-Print-Western-Boots/2011112,default,pd.html?dwvar_2011112_color=Tan%2fBrown

You going full on cowboy boots? Because...no. Unless you are riding a bronco or a bull that day, you don't belong in cowboy boots.

I need a new pair of brown boots, so I'm looking around. No lie, I'm honestly tempted to buy these: :lol:

http://www.bootbarn.com/Laredo-Men%27s-Snake-Print-Western-Boots/2011112,default,pd.html?dwvar_2011112_color=Tan%2fBrown

You going full on cowboy boots? Because...no. Unless you are riding a bronco or a bull that day, you don't belong in cowboy boots.

I already have a few pairs. Love 'em. My brown pair is pretty beat up though. I have a pair of brown (that were a gift), and two different pairs of black boots.

Those faux-snakeskin ones just look totally cool, although I do feel like they're a tad over the top.

http://www.bootbarn.com/Laredo-Men's-Snake-Print-Western-Boots/2011112,default,pd.html?dwvar_2011112_color=Tan%2fBrown

JFC! These boots are soooo not cool, it's not funny. The snakeskin part looks so dated and the worst thing? It's fucking FAUX snakeskin! I can appreciate a pair of well crafted boots whether they're 'in' or not. The beauty lies in the workmanship and the highest quality materials and these look like rubbish to me. At least buy quality McCoy. Then it doesn't matter if they're not cool, at least they're beautifully made.

• Like 1

http://www.bootbarn.com/Laredo-Men's-Snake-Print-Western-Boots/2011112,default,pd.html?dwvar_2011112_color=Tan%2fBrown

JFC! These boots are soooo not cool, it's not funny. The snakeskin part looks so dated and the worst thing? It's fucking FAUX snakeskin! I can appreciate a pair of well crafted boots whether they're 'in' or not. The beauty lies in the workmanship and the highest quality materials and these look like rubbish to me. At least buy quality McCoy. Then it doesn't matter if they're not cool, at least they're beautifully made.

http://www.bootbarn.com/Western-Boots/Western%20Boots,default,sc.html?prefn1=gender&prefv1=Men&srule=Price%20%28Low%20to%20High%29&start=0&sz=12

Do any of those stand out to you? I'm ideally looking for something under $200.

http://www.bootbarn.com/Western-Boots/Western%20Boots,default,sc.html?prefn1=gender&prefv1=Men&srule=Price%20%28Low%20to%20High%29&start=0&sz=12

Do any of those stand out to you? I'm ideally looking for something under $200.

http://www.bootbarn.com/Laredo-Men%27s-Long-Haul-Western-Boots/1000710,default,pd.html?dwvar_1000710_color=Antique%20Brown

• Like 1

http://www.soulrevolver.com/

There's some fuckin' crackers here :)

Yeah these jackets look fantastic. The quality of the leather looks amazing and the styles and cuts are really nice. I especially love this one, and the red detail on the inside of the zipper is great.

2lu4bd1.jpg

Unfortunately the women's jackets they have on offer aren't anywhere near as interesting. :max:

Bin the pockety things on the breast and I'd buy that jacket this instant.

You're wasting your time with this kid.