Male Fashion Thread

magisme

Guest Len B'stard

Now this is a fucking cool pair of boots

wolverine-1000-mile-boots-hypebeast-2.jp

Beautiful, beautiful craftsmanship. The sole is where you really see the work (look at that stitching, and the stacked leather) and the shaping of the toe is divine. It's probably the first thing I look at on a pair of shoes/boots, the shape of the toe. If that's been fucked up I don't even bother with the rest of it. The next thing I do is smell the leather. :wub:
Do me a favour they look like Farmer Gileses walking boots :lol:
Uuugh, and I thought you had style! :max:
They're well put together and everything but in terms of like...a style of boot they're a bit naff. I never reckoned men in boots in like, urban or like...yknow, towns and citys and that, its just silly, put some proper fuckin shoes on, you ain't trekkin hills over here. Apparently its 'manly', do me a favour.

Another thing about shoes that annoys me is how the Miley Cyrus generation have appropriated brothel creepers.

Farmer Giles has better taste than you. :P

And where do you get off saying that city folk can't wear country attire, or mileys generation aren't allowed to wear brothel creepers? My favourite pair of boots are my Spanish equestrian riding boots, yet I don't own a horse. That's what's fantastic about fashion and the times we live in. We are free to wear what we like. In the 19th century no such thing was possible and go back to medieval times and no one except royalty was allowed certain colours! Fuck that!

Never thought I'd say this Len but you're being a SNOB! A fashion snob! You usually have more liberality in your thinking than this. :max:

And those Farmer Giles boots are fucking beautifully made boots!

I didnt say you cant wear em i just said they look fuckin stupid...and clearly based on their popularity im in the minority there. Some people are just fundamentally uncool and have the ability to poison the coolness of things, Miley Cyrus is one of em :lol:

Another thing about shoes that annoys me is how the Miley Cyrus generation have appropriated brothel creepers.

Can you say that in English?
Well what do you want me to call em you twat, thats what they're called, fuckin' google it if you don't know what they are :lol: they aint called nothing different in American, brothel creepers are brothel creeper the world over.

They were a lost cause since Billie Joe Armstrong.
Yeah, true...but no one pays attention to him. Edited by sugaraylen

Now this is a fucking cool pair of boots

wolverine-1000-mile-boots-hypebeast-2.jp

Beautiful, beautiful craftsmanship. The sole is where you really see the work (look at that stitching, and the stacked leather) and the shaping of the toe is divine. It's probably the first thing I look at on a pair of shoes/boots, the shape of the toe. If that's been fucked up I don't even bother with the rest of it. The next thing I do is smell the leather. :wub:
Do me a favour they look like Farmer Gileses walking boots :lol:
Uuugh, and I thought you had style! :max:
They're well put together and everything but in terms of like...a style of boot they're a bit naff. I never reckoned men in boots in like, urban or like...yknow, towns and citys and that, its just silly, put some proper fuckin shoes on, you ain't trekkin hills over here. Apparently its 'manly', do me a favour.

Farmer Giles has better taste than you. :P

And where do you get off saying that city folk can't wear country attire, or mileys generation aren't allowed to wear brothel creepers? My favourite pair of boots are my Spanish equestrian riding boots, yet I don't own a horse. That's what's fantastic about fashion and the times we live in. We are free to wear what we like. In the 19th century no such thing was possible and go back to medieval times and no one except royalty was allowed certain colours! Fuck that!

Never thought I'd say this Len but you're being a SNOB! A fashion snob! You usually have more liberality in your thinking than this. :max:

And those Farmer Giles boots are fucking beautifully made boots!

I didnt say you cant wear em i just said they look fuckin stupid...and clearly based on their popularity im in the minority there. Some people are just fundamentally uncool and have the ability to poison the coolness of things, Miley Cyrus is one of em :lol:

Pardon me. I thought that by being annoyed at certain people wearing a certain type of shoe you were implying a preference for them not to wear those shoes. My mistake. :D

For me personally I don't like Miley and I don't like those shoes either but I don't mind that she wears them. To me that's the cornerstone of vintage fashion, a new generation coming along and wearing something in their way. It doesn't matter if it looks stupid or not (especially to an older generation who will always think it looks stupid), as long as it doesn't look the SAME as the previous generation wore it. Otherwise there's no progression. I love mixing old and new. That works for me and feels fresh. It works in clothing as well as it works with architecture. I love seeing a new, modern building next to an old building. I love that contrast, that juxtaposition. Each one compliments the other. Monotony is death to me.

Not saying that Miley is the height of originality in interpretation, far from it! But unfortunately we have to have mediocrity along with excellence. Anything else would just be monotonous.

Edited by Redhead74

Guest Len B'stard

'You get the cream joints right, now all you dye is this shit right, it could be any colour you want...but it'd be like blue and cream!'

I actually own a pair of those :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I had an older mate who i thought was the coolest guy in the world (when really he was just a massive wigger twat :lol:) who explained all this shit to me, in great detail but in a very patronising kind of way, like as if he was teaching this little ignorant idiot about like...some shit way beyond. He was into all this 5 percenter stuff and philosophy and shit to me, i already knew about the nation of islam and shit through Malcolm Xs bio and being a Ali fan but like...i didnt believe him about the mathematics and alphabet, i thought he was making it up, i didnt believe it :lol:

Soooo ridiculous though, this white guy teaching me about black supremacist philosophy :lol:

I don't wear a lot of black in general and I match up my shoes with my clothes. I'm of Irish heritage, so I'm fair skinned, relatively fair haired and hazel eyed. Black isn't my color. Contrary to what some will say, black does not look good on everyone.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I hate fuckin' black to be honest with you, at least in terms of t shirts and that. But with shoes and suits etc it's great. But yeah, it's odd actually cuz you're fair skinned and you say it don't suit you and i'm brown skinned and i don't think black tees suit me because of that...so who the fuck do they suit? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I always thought they suited whiteboys. But medium white, not those lightbulb lookin' boys, not Redhead white (no offence Red, just couldn't think of a very very white person off the top of my head there :lol:)