Male Fashion Thread

magisme

They craftsmanship that goes into a pair of those boots is incredible though. They are tough as nails. I have a pair in black that have lasted me 10 years, fit like a glove and no sign of them falling apart anytime soon.

The stitching is kind of irrelevant. It's not like you can see it anyway unless you tuck your jeans into the boots.

If you do that you should be shot anyway.

I guess it depends on where you live as to whether you can get away with boots like that anyway. Or what you wear them with.

In Colorado you see them everywhere. McCoy works for a country radio station. They look the part.

I used to wear my black ones with black jeans and a black leather jacket. Nobody even realised they were cowboy boots.

This.

Like Facekicker said, guys don't tuck their jeans in to their boots anyway, so like 90% of the boot is covered to begin with.

I go to enough country shows, and work enough broadcasts with the station that I work for, so they look the part and fill the need.

I'll be hosting the talent completion at the local county fair over the Summer as well, so I have enough excuses to wear them.

I'm sorry, but all that shit is just gaudy as fuck and terrible.

This. It just looks silly unless you're in Bumfuck, Texas.

Clicked on Facekicker link.

People who bought this also bought:

22 CALIBER HAND TOOLED LEATHER SINGLE GUN BELT & HOLSTER

http://www.sheplers.com/22-Caliber-Hand-Tooled-Leather-Single-Gun-Belt-Holster/15073.pro?&relationType=crossSell&cross-sell=true

´nuff said. :lol:

• Like 1

Clicked on Facekicker link.

People who bought this also bought:

22 CALIBER HAND TOOLED LEATHER SINGLE GUN BELT & HOLSTER

http://www.sheplers.com/22-Caliber-Hand-Tooled-Leather-Single-Gun-Belt-Holster/15073.pro?&relationType=crossSell&cross-sell=true

´nuff said. :lol:

Are you going to get one of those too, McCoy? Might come in handy at the talent show this summer :lol:

Agreed. It's like saying you can wear your McDonalds uniform to a wedding because it's a collard shirt and tie. And you are right, PA isn't Texas, nor is it Co. I've spent lots of time there, cowboy boots aren't a common accessory like they can be in other states. But if people want to play a part, it's not a big deal, just don't look ridiculous trying to do it so hard.

If the stitching doesn't matter why go out of your way to get the most obnoxious looking ones. Your paying for that mess. Spend the money on quality leather, not some cheesy design or god awful color like black cherry.

Of course, if you wear it wrong and without style or conviction, anything can be. But worn the right way I prefer anything that projects a sense of style and character than safe and boring. I guess that's just a personal preference.

As Diana Vreeland once said: "I'd rather be vulgar than boring". :lol:

Edited by Redhead74

Of course, if you wear it wrong and without style or conviction, anything can be. But worn the right way I prefer anything that projects a sense of style and character than safe and boring. I guess that's just a personal preference.

And how do you think McCoy will be wearing them? :lol:

tumblr_mi62zmjLvT1rxickeo1_500.gif

That's really not my concern. My point was that cowboys boots are not naff or gaudy, it's the wearer that makes them that.

I love seeing someone wear something that is really not 'cool' or 'edgy', but wear it well. And then everyone knows that it looks good on that person and if they tried the same it would look totally crap.

Guest Len B'stard

Are they even that prevalent in Texas and such?

Oh oh, can i answer? :)

Like a c-c-c-c

Cowboy :D

Guest Len B'stard

Funny enough, also involving 'head', if not quite of cattle :lol: I know ya see, cuz of...uh, nothing at all!

Edited by sugaraylen

That's really not my concern. My point was that cowboys boots are not naff or gaudy, it's the wearer that makes them that.

I love seeing someone wear something that is really not 'cool' or 'edgy', but wear it well. And then everyone knows that it looks good on that person and if they tried the same it would look totally crap.

I know that wasn't your point. I do get what you're saying, I just saw an opening for a cheap shot at McCoy and I took it. Sorry, McCoy, but you have your own thread and if you keep fucking up this thread with cowboy boots I'm gonna have to throw a hissy fit.

• Like 2

I know that wasn't your point. I do get what you're saying, I just saw an opening for a cheap shot at McCoy and I took it. Sorry, McCoy, but you have your own thread and if you keep fucking up this thread with cowboy boots I'm gonna have to throw a hissy fit.

Yeah! Fuck this! I love cowboy boots and I'm glad to see McCoy buying them but he does have his own thread. I don't even have a thread with which to discuss women's fashion, except The Dress Thread and dresses comprise relatively little of my fashion consumption. So fuck you too Mags! You've got a thread to discuss all things male fashion. Enjoy! :max:

Guest Len B'stard

Do you not think this false masculinity communicated by way of purchasing clothes whilst blindfolded because any kind of aknowledgement of sartorial elegance makes you feel like a sissy? I mean seriously, whats more cringeworthy here? You wanna prove how much of a geezer you are by the way you purchase clothes? :lol:

Seriously, you wanna prove how much of a MAAAAAAN you are, theres better guages of that shit than a persons reaction to clothes.

I reckon dressing like you got some self respect is a part of being a bloke of some worth.

The funny thing is the guys that are the ones going on about being a maaannn and how hooray for tolerance!-ish it is to go on about clothes, its like the weediest fuckin' guys on the forum going on about that shit, ive seen some of your pictures in the pic thread, half of em look like a strong breeze'd knock em over, going on about all this maaan shit, dont make me laugh :lol:

• Like 1

Fuck me?!?! No. FUCK YOU!!!

(imagine Al Pacino screaming voice)

:( I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me.

You're forgiven. But don't you dare stop posting in this thread. I need you here.

Are you fucking serious? This is my first port of call when I have mygnr time. :awesomeface:

I'll be the last poster here, when everyone else is gone. I'm actually really happy talking about men's fashion. Not quite as happy as I am about women's fashion, but for a long time I thought I didn't have much care for men's fashion, but this thread has given me a new perspective on my appreciation for men's clothing and footwear. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Do you not think this false masculinity communicated by way of purchasing clothes whilst blindfolded because any kind of aknowledgement of sartorial elegance makes you feel like a sissy? I mean seriously, whats more cringeworthy here? You wanna prove how much of a geezer you are by the way you purchase clothes? :lol:

Seriously, you wanna prove how much of a MAAAAAAN you are, theres better guages of that shit than a persons reaction to clothes.

I reckon dressing like you got some self respect is a part of being a bloke of some worth.

The funny thing is the guys that are the ones going on about being a maaannn and how hooray for tolerance!-ish it is to go on about clothes, its like the weediest fuckin' guys on the forum going on about that shit, ive seen some of your pictures in the pic thread, half of em look like a strong breeze'd knock em over, going on about all this maaan shit, dont make me laugh :lol:

Still haven't seen a pic of you.