Male Fashion Thread

magisme

puma-x-alexander-mcqueen-rabble-trainer-

Have been eyeing up these over the weekend

How thick are the soles? While I like Vans and Converse plimsole style shoes I find the soles a bit thin for my liking.

Thicker than vans and converse I reckon. I ordered them online and they haven't arrived yet.

I'm also a bit unclear as to whether the ones I ordered are all black or black/burgundy. The website had a photo of the black/burgundy pair but the listing said black. Fuck it, either will do.

I don't wear a lot of black in general and I match up my shoes with my clothes. I'm of Irish heritage, so I'm fair skinned, relatively fair haired and hazel eyed. Black isn't my color. Contrary to what some will say, black does not look good on everyone.

Totally agree! I've gone through a bit of an anti black stage lately and I only buy black shoes to go with my all black outfits which is mostly for work. I really find black rather boring and love a lot of colour. My favourite leather colours for shoes are tan (like a good rich cognac tone) or dark burgundy/cherry.

puma-x-alexander-mcqueen-rabble-trainer-

Have been eyeing up these over the weekend

How thick are the soles? While I like Vans and Converse plimsole style shoes I find the soles a bit thin for my liking.

Interesting you say that because an old pair of converse I bought 7 years ago have quite thick soles and the two pairs I've bought in the last 2 years have much thinner soles. Cheapening off, but not putting prices down. :max:

Just cut my long hair after much delaying.Is that fashion?Idk but I'm itchy.

You might wanna shower this week.
What?Are you implying that I don't shower?? Lol, far from it. Very far. A little too far.

Do you have OCD? If so the itching might be on account of excessive soap use which is aggravating your skin. Or your head. Or wherever else you might have itchiness. IDK where the hair was that you cut. :huh:

• Like 1

Probably gonna order my new boots this week. I'm leaning towards the cherry ones that Red found.

I'm not vouching for quality here but from the site you showed me, I thought they were quite fucking cool. They'll last a reasonable amount of time because the vamp and heel counter are genuine leather. It's a pity the shaft wasn't leather as well but that's why they were so cheap. But I also get that price is often and easily a factor. It's all nice and well lusting after a pair of divinely crafted boots but if the money isn't there, it's just not fucking there.

I recently bought a pair of over the knee boots. I found a pair I was lusting after. Saved up the $815. Went into town to buy them from a department store. While I was trying them on I saw about 20 metres away another shoe brand that also had a gorgeous over the knee boot on display. I thought I'd better try them on as well, just to be certain. I tried them on. They looked BETTER! Heaps better! And the best bit of all? They were leather (like the $815 ones), but were $389!!!! I couldn't believe it! OMFG!!!! I bought them and are wearing them frequently. They're great quality. Just as good, if not better than the $815 boots (based on the blog photos I've seen of the expensive boots). And they go even better with my clothes than the others would have. Sometimes, price is not the issue.

And then I went and bought another pair of shoes I had been lusting after with a portion of the change I would have got from the expensive boots. ;)

• Like 1

Probably gonna order my new boots this week. I'm leaning towards the cherry ones that Red found.

If you want black cherry ones for under $200 then get these ones.

http://www.sheplers.com/Tony-Lama-Regal-Americana-Boots/9665.pro?parentCategoryId=447&categoryId=263&subCategoryId=264

Enter promo code save20 at checkout for 20% off.

Edited by Facekicker
  • Like 1

If you want black cherry ones for under $200 then get these ones. http://www.sheplers.com/Tony-Lama-Regal-Americana-Boots/9665.pro?parentCategoryId=447&categoryId=263&subCategoryId=264

Enter promo code save20 at checkout for 20% off.

Nice boots! I thought these were quite scrumptious as well. I like the tan better than the black cherry, the leather looks lovely. :)

http://www.sheplers.com/Dan-Post-Mignon-Leather-Cowboy-Boots-Medium-Toe/169.pro?&relationType=topSell&cross-sell=true

They craftsmanship that goes into a pair of those boots is incredible though. They are tough as nails. I have a pair in black that have lasted me 10 years, fit like a glove and no sign of them falling apart anytime soon.

The stitching is kind of irrelevant. It's not like you can see it anyway unless you tuck your jeans into the boots.

If you do that you should be shot anyway.

I guess it depends on where you live as to whether you can get away with boots like that anyway. Or what you wear them with.

In Colorado you see them everywhere. McCoy works for a country radio station. They look the part.

I used to wear my black ones with black jeans and a black leather jacket. Nobody even realised they were cowboy boots.

• Like 1