Talking metal 1ON1 WITH DJ ASHBA - (he is absolutely full of s..wag)

Guest Gunns

Yeah, I mean there's no doubt he CAN play the instrument, there's nothing wrong with his live performances that affect things, just don't think he's the most skilled or adept guy to have in the band, they could get any decent guitarist and DJ wouldn't be missed. Fortus seems capable but I haven't heard all that much from him, I think people like his attitude and when he is allowed to have free reign he goes off on it. Regarding what Ashba's brought just musically, I enjoy his Ballad and Amor, they're fine, at least he comes in with something ambitious and I'd like if he came up with something like that for a record, but his actual recorded works don't really enthrall me. From what is out there, I'd want him away from the songwriting, it's alright but not my cup of tea nor where I'd like Guns to go.

Finck and Bucket think outside the box and are definitely unique players and Finck was sloppy but he had THAT pizazz or whatever you wanna call it, he amended some of the solos, like Ashba claims to do, but he attacked them (and sometimes butchered 'em lol) but I could forgive that. Reznor doesn't suffer fools and you gotta have a certain charisma in your playing to be his wingman, just watch his performances, that's the enthusiasm I like not DJ's corny shit and sometimes lifeless renditions. Ashba almost has the disadvantage of playing on a popular record, I just do not dig his playing on it nor the songs themselves, many do though, could he adapt to what GNR means nowadays? Axl obviously thinks so. Chinese Democracy with the BucketFinck tandem was insane and anything but generic or sterile, IMO. The live shows were crazy and compelling, perhaps Axl is playing it safe and relies on BBF for the zany factor.

really I'd prefer to judge Dj on the song he delivers for GNR, if given the chance. Like Finck brought Better, Bucket Shackler's. Then I suppose how well they work with Axl on his songs. to me Ballad of Death really showed how Dj could work with Axl pretty easily. I'm sort of expecting a Zombie-esque stomper from Ron. Fortus something a lot more delicate and classic rock.

to me the hate for Dj is strange but maybe he's just the lightest weight guy to be in the band. he's not come from a really heavy band or is that much of a punk rock guy like Tommy. But actually I can see Del and co liking his Crue affiliations. Ron has the skills of Bucket without the weirdness and the NYC background must help.

for a band that were never that together on stage to pick on Dj messing up solos seems a bit over the top. the band is pretty tight though so any fuck ups stand out and it's not that kind of vibe at the shows. I get the sense that Axl is encouraging Dj to try new stuff out and digs the Patience solo. This is Axl's only time in rehearsal with the band so he wants to try things out.

difference between ron and dj - people will wish ron was back if he leaves, I don't think anyone will be asking for dj to come back if he leaves.

seriously tho jimi Hendrix could be in the band and this fanbase wouldn't accept him because he just isn't slash.

man I'm hoping the new sixx a.m. album is a huge hit.

nothing is a huge hit now. Dj is kind of a product of that. He's almost in 3 bands and has learned a way to have a career. Dj definitely has a following and probably brings 100k extra sales to the next GNR album. Other than Axl, Dj is the only one with some star power.

If DJ did a guitar clinic, it would have at least 4x the crowd of Bumblefoot, if Ashba put a solo record out now, it'd have 10 times the sales of Bumblefoot. It's just how it is, I think Ron is ten times the guitarist Ashba is but he's been with a radio rock band and has created a cliché gimmick for himself that propels him to the top, it's how half the game works when you have some talent, you can either create something amazing, have a cult following, have enough promotion with a bit of talent. If BBF looked like Ashba and went for the same persona, he'd probably be near his popularity and his talent would equal the intensity of the interest, it's one of those contrary deals.

Everyone here thinks is better than Ashba. But they are here... ranting on that shit instead of fucking a super model and playing in GNR. mmmmm im pretty sure it's only bad luck.

Near-offensive stupidity in this post. Take some time to think about the logic (Hint: there is none) in your argument. If you really can't figure out why you're so far from correct, let me know and I'll help you.

• Like 1

Everyone here thinks is better than Ashba. But they are here... ranting on that shit instead of fucking a super model and playing in GNR. mmmmm im pretty sure it's only bad luck.

Near-offensive stupidity in this post. Take some time to think about the logic (Hint: there is none) in your argument. If you really can't figure out why you're so far from correct, let me know and I'll help you.

russel's posts are all like this. better to ignore him.

When he fucks up or does a weak solo, the band continues as normal, everyone has fun, they move on, I'm not saying it doesn't affect DJ's weaknesses with the instrument but the guy can clearly play to a moderate level and Axl seems swell with him in the band.