Are you still bitter on oldGnR breakup?

bitter or not?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was never bitter, that's a word only used here by Axl fans /nu fans against others mainly because they don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

I was disappointed about the break up though, because something once great fell apart, and it really didn't have to.

• Like 3

No, was never bitter for one second. Friends fall out, partnerships dissolve. Way of the world.

But I absolutely, positively reject this notion that some people can't be called out for being bitter. Some of you are absofuckinglutely bitter. I think over time that number has shrunk, but there is still a segment. And its obvious to anyone with eyes and basic reading comprehension skills to determine who those folks are.

• Like 2

Whatever you call it, some members here still seem to struggle to accept that the UYI lineup disintegrated :shrugs:

And its no harder than spotting a bad toupee.

People that feels the need to use terms like "fakeGNR" or "nuGNR" fit this criteria. Ditto anyone that stomps their feet insisting the last "real" GNR show was July 1993.

If you are still hanging onto that, sorry folks, you are bitter.

• Like 2

No, it's music.

Exactly.

I wish GNR didn't break-up. I wish Mike Tyson didn't stop giving a shit so early on. I wish Jenna Haze didn't waste much of her prime doing strictly lesbian stuff.

But these things happen. You roll with them. Pouting about it won't get you anywhere.

• Like 3

I'm not bitter, I understand why they bailed. I also understand Axl keeping the name, both for financial reasons, and in the hopes of some epic spite success. But it's clearly not GNR, and *IMO* it clearly hasn't earned the right to be considered a valid reincarnation of GNR, so until that happens, I'm not calling it that. And I really don't have enough shits left to give about this to be bitter.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 2

I can see why anyone that witnessed old GNR would be deeply attached to that band. They were genuinely iconic.

So was that girl we all dated once upon a time. But it ended.

And, to me, people still coming here to piss and moan is the equivalent of stalking that girl's FB page.

• Like 1

I can see why anyone that witnessed old GNR would be deeply attached to that band. They were genuinely iconic.

So was that girl we all dated once upon a time. But it ended.

And, to me, people still coming here to piss and moan is the equivalent of stalking that girl's FB page.

I don't personally crave old GNR, far from it, I'm just saying I can see why those that witnessed that era do.

Supporting a viable reunion plan (given that all members are still alive, and the industry would be very keen) isn't very similar to stalking an ex-girlfriend, in my opinion.

Supporting a viable reunion plan (given that all members are still alive, and the industry would be very keen) isn't very similar to stalking an ex-girlfriend, in my opinion.

Then they should come back around the way when there has been even a scintilla of a hint a reunion might happen.

But, when one of the guys tells you he'll be dead in a box before it happens, I don't know how plausible people are hanging around here for reunion hopes.

They are hanging around because they are mad. And want to make life difficult for people that have moved on, unlike them.

And now...we are back to the girl stalking example. If you can't have her, no one should.

• Like 1

Come on, a band and business is nothing like a relationship.

Your breakup with a girl or guy doesn't affect millions of people that loved what you two made together.

Guns N' Roses as it stands now is a boss and his employees, making money on a product that was co-made and written by other people years ago.

Your breakup with a girl or guy doesn't affect millions of people that loved what you two made together.

Guns N' Roses as it stands now is a boss and his employees, making money on a product that was co-made and written by other people years ago.

But when its over, its over.

What is complaining about it getting you? Making "funny" memes? Breaking the balls of people you have determined are not as (as you see it) justificably mad as you are?

What's the upside there?

But when its over, its over.

What is complaining about it getting you? Making "funny" memes? Breaking the balls of people you have determined are not as (as you see it) justificably mad as you are?

What's the upside there?

Getting a bit self-reflective here are we? Because you can't possibly deem my posts as "complaining" or me being "mad".

But let's play the little twist of words game here, you're saying "it's over". Let's say Paul and Paula's "relationship" is over, anything any of those two start again with somebody is something new. Axl, Slash etc had their "Guns N' Roses", so is Guns N' Roses now over too?

The one reason every member has joined this message board is for the love of Guns N' Roses' music. Personally I thought Chinese Democracy was a huge dissapointment, save This I Love which I thought was brilliant.

Edited by The Black

I don't see why someone would be bitter because they call it "fakeGNR". It's only called GNR due to legal ownership. In the purest essence of Rock N Roll, relying on a legality and the word of a judge is considered phoney/fake - and this is coming from a lawyer.

I'm sure people would consider that an immature view of Rock & Roll, but Rock & Roll is all about being lawless, immature and rebellious. Plus, GNR were the most Rock & Roll band around. The fact their present existence is based on the enforcement of federal and state copyright & partnership laws, I'd say using "fakeGNR" is the most appropriate Rock & Roll definition.

Getting a bit self-reflective here are we? Because you can't possibly deem my posts as "complaining" or me being "mad".

But let's play the little twist of words game here, you're saying "it's over". Let's say Paul and Paula's "relationship" is over, anything any of those two start again with somebody is something new. Axl, Slash etc had their "Guns N' Roses", so is Guns N' Roses now over too?

The one reason every member has joind this message board is for the love of Guns N' Roses' music. Personally I thought Chinese Democracy was a huge dissapointment, save This I Love which I thought was brilliant.

No, my comments are always in general unless I single a person out.

I just don't know some of that is realistic. You could have loved 'Sweet Child O' Mine' to the extent you had it played at your wedding. But if you were going to sign up here and post, I think you'd have to be at least mildly interested in what Axl is doing in 2014, no? Not just because AFD was the soundtrack to your 8th grade summer.

• Like 1