Are you still bitter on oldGnR breakup?

bitter or not?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't see why someone would be bitter because they call it "fakeGNR". It's only called GNR due to legal ownership. In the purest essence of Rock N Roll, relying on a legality and the word of a judge is considered phoney/fake - and this is coming from a lawyer.

I'm sure people would consider that an immature view of Rock & Roll, but Rock & Roll is all about being lawless, immature and rebellious. Plus, GNR were the most Rock & Roll band around. The fact their present existence is based on the enforcement of federal and state copyright & partnership laws, I'd say using "fakeGNR" is the most appropriate Rock & Roll definition.

Some really blind Axl followers get those mixed up. Not agreeing with Axl calling this Guns n' Roses is entirely different from being bitter that the old band breaking up. But that's a complicated thing to some.

A certain percentage of the human population will always be more prone to whine about stuff. I suppose it is an evolutionary stable strategy where they reap some award in the form of attention and compassion from the rest. And then there will be a smaller percentage of these that are outliers and where the amount of whining is just too much. These will tend to aggregate on obscure Internet forums where they are safe from the bitchslapping such pathetic behaviour would give them in the real world, and which functions as echo chambers to stimulate further whining.

It doesn't really matter whether it is crying over a lineup that ended 20 years ago, how miserable one's life is, how hard it is to find a girl that likes you. They will seek to arenas like this like flies to shit.

But now you're just inventing people. Who here isn't at least mildly interested in what Axl is doing in 2014?

You want that alphabetically, by post count, or by joined on date?

That's not an answer.

I suppose you're bitter if you're told you're bitter, so you'd better just STFU and take ownership of the emotions you've been told you have. :lol:

A certain percentage of the human population will always be more prone to whine about stuff. I suppose it is an evolutionary stable strategy where they reap some award in the form of attention and compassion from the rest. And then there will be a smaller percentage of these that are outliers and where the amount of whining is just too much. These will tend to aggregate on obscure Internet forums where they are safe from the bitchslapping such pathetic behaviour would give them in the real world, and which functions as echo chambers to stimulate further whining.

It doesn't really matter whether it is crying over a lineup that ended 20 years ago, how miserable one's life is, how hard it is to find a girl that likes you. They will seek to arenas like this like flies to shit.

How is that any different from the percentage of people trying to go on and on to prove this somehow IS Guns n' Roses or that it's better than the old band. The overcompensation is ridiculous sometimes. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that it works both ways.

Getting a bit self-reflective here are we? Because you can't possibly deem my posts as "complaining" or me being "mad".

But let's play the little twist of words game here, you're saying "it's over". Let's say Paul and Paula's "relationship" is over, anything any of those two start again with somebody is something new. Axl, Slash etc had their "Guns N' Roses", so is Guns N' Roses now over too?

The one reason every member has joind this message board is for the love of Guns N' Roses' music. Personally I thought Chinese Democracy was a huge dissapointment, save This I Love which I thought was brilliant.

No, my comments are always in general unless I single a person out.

I just don't know some of that is realistic. You could have loved 'Sweet Child O' Mine' to the extent you had it played at your wedding. But if you were going to sign up here and post, I think you'd have to be at least mildly interested in what Axl is doing in 2014, no? Not just because AFD was the soundtrack to your 8th grade summer.

Sorry about that then, I saw "you" and made an assumption.

Guns N' Roses is definetly one of my favorite bands of all time, but no other band fascinates me to follow it's news just as this one does. When you're talking about Radiohead or Nine Inch Nails it get's a bit predictable (in a good way) to know you're going to get a fantastic live experience. New music also actually gets released by the former mentioned. With Axl, it's just fascinating that you have to predict these days, even if it's a complete letdown.

How is that any different from the percentage of people trying to go on and on to prove this somehow IS Guns n' Roses or that it's better than the old band. The overcompensation is ridiculous sometimes. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that it works both ways.

I am sure it does. I just never see anyone claiming that what we have today is better than guns in the 80s or 90s, whereas posters who express sadness and grief over the breakup of the UYI lineup is a daily occurrence. :shrugs:

Calling them nu guns is not an act of being bitter. The band that gave us suicide, appetite, lies, the uyis, and tsi, and the band that exist now are legally two different entities anyways.

Just because I don't see this incarnation as real deal guns n roses because it looks, feels, and acts drastically different, and contains no co-creators that established the old band along with Axl doesn't mean I'm bitter. Nu guns is just a pretty neutral term today to separate the two very distinct eras apart. To me it's the Axl Rose solo venture because that's what it looks, acts, and feels like. Regardless what name Chinese Democracy would've been released under, I wouldn't have liked the actual material any more or less.

I'm sad I'll never get to experience the actual band that made the actual music that holds more replay value to me than any other albums i listen to. Dissapointed it didn't work out. But I'm certainly not angry and bitter. You guys really are overanalyzing this to the bone when it's actually quite simple. P4A was spot on on page 1.

Edited by Bobbo

I enjoy what once was and I enjoy what is now.

In the same way that I enjoy getting a really good blowjob and I enjoy stepping in a thumbtack. ^_^

What can I say? I love Chinese Democracy, I really do. People can call me naive, an Axl nutter or whatever but I have faith in Axl.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

All in all, it is what it is. Nobody's going to change a thing.

Would I like to experience a reunion show? Sure! I'm not sure anybody would boycot a show like that?

In the same way that I enjoy getting a really good blowjob and I enjoy stepping in a thumbtack. ^_^

What can I say? I love Chinese Democracy, I really do. People can call me naive, an Axl nutter or whatever but I have faith in Axl.

Would I like to experience a reunion show? Sure! I'm not sure anybody would boycot a show like that?

I'm not longing for a reunion but if it were to happen I certainly wouldn't boycott it. All I hope is that they do it for the right reasons - because they genuinely want to be in a band with each other again and not simply for the big paycheck.

I can see why anyone that witnessed old GNR would be deeply attached to that band. They were genuinely iconic.

So was that girl we all dated once upon a time. But it ended.

And, to me, people still coming here to piss and moan is the equivalent of stalking that girl's FB page.

Well since you´re with girlfriend analogy... You got a new girlfriend but you´re always talking about your old one. You still have a good relationship with her family. You go to movies and parties with her brothers. On top of that your friends a family don´t like your new girlfriend that much. She is not as popular and beloved as old one. That´s the problem here.

Axl has a new band but they mostly play old songs. Their only album in 20 years is not exactly very popular, neither are some new band members. And Axl seems very happy to be around Duff and Izzy. He is inviting them to share the stage with him.

I can see why anyone that witnessed old GNR would be deeply attached to that band. They were genuinely iconic.

So was that girl we all dated once upon a time. But it ended.

And, to me, people still coming here to piss and moan is the equivalent of stalking that girl's FB page.

Well since you´re with girlfriend analogy... You got a new girlfriend but you´re always talking about your old one. You still have a good relationship with her family. You go to movies and parties with her brothers. On top of that your friends a family don´t like your new girlfriend that much. She is not as popular and beloved as old one. That´s the problem here.

Axl has a new band but they mostly play old songs. Their only album in 20 years is not exactly very popular, neither are some new band members. And Axl seems very happy to be around Duff and Izzy. He is inviting them to share the stage with him.

He's also insisting we call the new girlfriend by the exes name, which is just creepy. :P

I was never bitter. I fail to see how anyone not directly involved in the break up could be bitter.

Yep, yep.

I still listen to the classic line-up all the time. And I still enjoy it.

Yes, even though Axl toured with Robin Finck for a time and called it GNR. Somehow, I press on.

He's also insisting we call the new girlfriend by the exes name, which is just creepy. :P

Hahahaha

Never considered that.

Whatever you call it, some members here still seem to struggle to accept that the UYI lineup disintegrated :shrugs:

And its no harder than spotting a bad toupee.

People that feels the need to use terms like "fakeGNR" or "nuGNR" fit this criteria. Ditto anyone that stomps their feet insisting the last "real" GNR show was July 1993.

If you are still hanging onto that, sorry folks, you are bitter.

Or people use the designation as a way to distinguish what lineup they are referring to.

I'm not longing for a reunion but if it were to happen I certainly wouldn't boycott it. All I hope is that they do it for the right reasons - because they genuinely want to be in a band with each other again and not simply for the big paycheck.

So how is it OK for the current lineup to play for a paycheck since it's clear that's what they are doing; but it wouldn't be for the afd or uyi lineups to do the same? Just curious how you justify that hypocrisy?

Whatever you call it, some members here still seem to struggle to accept that the UYI lineup disintegrated :shrugs:

People that feels the need to use terms like "fakeGNR" or "nuGNR" fit this criteria. Ditto anyone that stomps their feet insisting the last "real" GNR show was July 1993.

Or people use the designation as a way to distinguish what lineup they are referring to.

So how is it OK for the current lineup to play for a paycheck since it's clear that's what they are doing; but it wouldn't be for the afd or uyi lineups to do the same? Just curious how you justify that hypocrisy?

I said simply as in only for the paycheck. Obviously money will always be a factor in these things.

I don't believe someone like Bumblefoot for instance is in it just for the money. I think he really does want to write music, create and play shows because he actually enjoys like. The fact that new music isn't being recorded (that we know of anyways) isn't Bumblefoots fault.

That's the same question I've asked many times, and I've never really gotten a straight answer. Several members of this band weren't even fans of 90% of the gnr songs they play live. And have been playing, on average, 4 songs they can even remotely call their own for two years. And really throughout the whole nu era at that. And yet a reunited lineup would all the sudden create the issue of "well this sucks, because they're clearly all about the money at this point"? What in the absolute fuck? How would that be an issue for you then, but not an issue for you now?

I guess I could see the point if hatred and resentment was circling all around, but that's not the case. Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steve, and Matt are all still chums, and the chemistry I've seen of them playing together in recent years seems very genuine and intact. Axl made peace with Matt, and obviously gets along well with Duff and Izzy. So the only issue of hatred is between Axl and Slash. And let me tell you, if by some miracle a reunion happens, Axl and Slash kissed and made up. Because there's no way in Hell those two would perform together again unless their personal beefs get squashed beforehand.

So yeah, I just never understood this train of thought.

Edited by Bobbo