Guns N’ Roses shooting for ‘kick-ass’ residency in Las Vegas

Guest NGOG

If you are getting killed by your fans because of it, yes, I'd expect a band to make a public statement. This is music we are talking about, not top secret government military information.

You really think that Axl Rose, the man who will sue anybody and will call anybody out that he wants, would just sit back quietly and say nothing if the label really was 'screwing' the band?

They're not 'getting killed' by the fans; just the small amount of people that spend a part of their lives on an internet community. We're just a tiny part of the GNR demographics - as the shows indicate.

Axl said numerous times that they have to 'figure out the deal with the label' before they can release another record. Sorry if that is not the type of comment you wanted.

Edited by NGOG

If you are getting killed by your fans because of it, yes, I'd expect a band to make a public statement. This is music we are talking about, not top secret government military information.

You really think that Axl Rose, the man who will sue anybody and will call anybody out that he wants, would just sit back quietly and say nothing if the label really was 'screwing' the band?

They're not 'getting killed' by the fans; just the small amount of people that spend a part of their lives on an internet community. We're just a tiny part of the GNR demographics - as the shows indicate.

Axl said numerous times that they have to 'figure out the deal with the label' before they can release another record. Sorry if that is not the type of comment you wanted.

i try really hard not to be cynical in that respect, but how have they not come close to doing that yet?

We're the core of the fanbase though. I agree that DJ's position in the band is hardly going to be shaken by little old us, but when fans here said some lyrics in Better were silly Axl listened, and Axl also reads the forums here and there. Fact is, Axl cares to some degree about what we think of him and his band.

• Like 1

Guest NGOG

We're the core of the fanbase though. I agree that DJ's position in the band is hardly going to be shaken by little old us, but when fans here said some lyrics in Better were silly Axl listened, and Axl also reads the forums here and there. Fact is, Axl cares to some degree about what we think of him and his band.

I didn't say we're totally irrelevant. I just questioned the idea that because MyGNR is quite negative at the minute, the band are 'getting killed by GNR fans'. In reality, there are only about 50 posters that consistently post in D&N, and last time I checked, GNR aren't playing to 50 people.

I didn't say we're totally irrelevant. I just questioned the idea that because MyGNR is quite negative at the minute, the band are 'getting killed by GNR fans'. In reality, there are only about 50 posters that consistently post in D&N, and last time I checked, GNR aren't playing to 50 people.

You aren't associated with the band, so why would you apologize for a comment that Axl has made?

Axl has said "numerous times" that they are waiting to sort out the label situation? I remember reading about him saying that. I wasn't aware that he had said that in "numerous times" though.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but if you think Mygnrforum is more negative than other music forums (that aren't tied to GnR) then you haven't explored the internet much. Go look at forums/message boards on other popular music sites (from rolling stone to youtube to metalsludge to blabbermouth - any site that features rock music) and you'll get an idea of what most rock fans think about the current GnR situation.

have you ever thought about taking a break from trying to defend and justify every move GnR makes and just spend some time having casual realistic conversations with other fans on here?

I just don't believe Axl accepting to be a label's "prisoner" having the money and lawyers he has. I mean, is there any other similar case? I know NIN still owes a GH to Interscope but he's been releasing tons of music since going independent, nothing can stop him now.

If the net were around back when Axl was growing up, he'd be a nerd on the queen and zeppelin forums probably getting banned and changing his IP constantly I'm sure.

For some reason, I'd imagine Axl as one of those dudes on youtube whose content is made up entirely of him yelling about things he's half informed of, and with each video you'd question his sanity more and more.

EDIT: Similar to what we have now, but with more content.

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.
  • Like 1

Guest NGOG

I know NIN still owes a GH to Interscope but he's been releasing tons of music since going independent, nothing can stop him now.

Uh, NIN aren't independent...

I know NIN still owes a GH to Interscope but he's been releasing tons of music since going independent, nothing can stop him now.

Uh, NIN aren't independent...

Not anymore, I know. But Ghosts I-V and The Slip were released independently.

Groghan makes a very valid point, compared to the comments about Axl on other music sites the GNR forum community is pretty respectful.

Exactly.

And another difference is that the majority of us WANT Axl to succeed.

We are hoping that he goes to Vegas and puts on the best show Vegas has ever seen.

We hope that GnR puts out an album this year and that it sells 10 million copies, produces five top 10 hits and wins every "best album of the year" award out there.

We hope that GnR then puts out another album in 2016 and it sells 15 million copies, produces eight top 10 hits and wins every award possible.

Nothing would make us happier than the January 2017 issue of Rolling Stone to have a picture of Axl and DJ on it with the headline "Who Needs Slash Anyway?"

Just because we don't worship and praise Axl's every move doesn't mean we don't hope like crazy that he once again rises to the top of the rock scene.

• Like 2

Groghan makes a very valid point, compared to the comments about Axl on other music sites the GNR forum community is pretty respectful.

Exactly.

We are hoping that he goes to Vegas and puts on the best show Vegas has ever seen.

We hope that GnR puts out an album this year and that it sells 10 million copies, produces five top 10 hits and wins every "best album of the year" award out there.

We hope that GnR then puts out another album in 2016 and it sells 15 million copies, produces eight top 10 hits and wins every award possible.

Nothing would make us happier than the January 2017 issue of Rolling Stone to have a picture of Axl and DJ on it with the headline "Who Needs Slash Anyway?"

Just because we don't worship and praise Axl's every move doesn't mean we don't hope like crazy that he once again rises to the top of the rock scene.

I would rather have a Rolling Stone cover with Axl and Slash.

Edited by SlashisGOD

Exactly.

Groghan is becoming one of my fave posters here - I agree with everything you said there - HTGTH/TB etc would have people believe that ppl on this forum are cupcakes/haters, always complaining, and while that last one might not be far from the truth it's because we want Axl to suceed, take risks like he used to and prove to us that our faith and support over time that his vision of NuGuns was worthwhile. Sadly though he hasn't lived up to (my) expectations. I'm not a hater, 99% of the folk on this board aren't either, we just want the basics - new songs, updates etc - but Axl n TB fail us, and what's wrong with (for the most part) constructive critisism? Well it makes you a hater apparantly.... Edited by robin2002
  • Like 1

Maybe one day, Groghan will learn how to not hit the return key after every sentence.

You never stop, do you?

Well I just prefer reading paragraphs with multiple sentences, as opposed to one sentence per paragraph. Actually, I think he might be subconsciously emulating MSL's posting style, because that's how MSL writes.

Exactly.

Quoted for truth. This pretty much sums things up.

Right now the loonies run the asylum. And it's fucked.

Remember that couch-trip he was talking about?

Exactly.

Quoted for truth. This pretty much sums things up.

Right now the loonies run the asylum. And it's fucked.

Remember that couch-trip he was talking about?

That's the thing about Axl.

It is crazy and unbelievable and sad...........but the man has soooo much talent, that all of us stick around because we know how easily he could shake up the entire rock world again.

Kind of like watching Mike Tyson when he was past his prime. Y

ou knew he wasn't the Iron Mike of old.

But you still had to watch because you knew he had the potential to KO somebody with one punch.

I have no doubt that the next album Axl releases could end up being the top selling and most critically acclaimed album of the year.