Guns N’ Roses shooting for ‘kick-ass’ residency in Las Vegas

This is why I question the legitimacy of Team Brazil as the management crew for GnR.

Breaking out a new cover is not what fans want. Breaking out strippers, dancers, and a flying piano in VEGAS is not new and exciting. It's just copying what Motley Crue already did.

Playing a great show, with Axl on point..............debuting 2-3 new songs over the month...............and a couple surprise guests.............do that, and GnR gets TONS of positive publicity. Tons of it. It really is that simple.

The irritating thing about adding covers and not new songs is that GnR reportedly has a bunch of material in the library. A reported three albums worth. Plus, current band members have been writing songs over the past few years. If you aren't going to release those 40-50 songs, why not play some of them live? OK, your going to pick the best 15 songs and put them on the next album - whenever that might be. Play the 16th, 17th and 18th best songs in Vegas. Or play one of the "top 15" songs just to see what the reaction is to it. Having soooo many songs in your library gives a band the unique opportunity to play around with the songs and float them out there to see if the fans like it or not, without having to worry about putting out the 'big guys' and then not having an album for a couple of years.

If you have 40 songs in your vault, why in the world would you continue adding covers to your set-list? I'd rather hear their 17th favorite unreleased song than hearing another Ac/dc cover.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the boot of Sailing (one of the best covers ever done).

Probably the best cover GnR has done post-1998. That was properly amazing. Fantastic vocals as well. 2006, London. Right? The one at the exclusive nightclub afterparty show thing?

Probably the best cover GnR has done post-1998. That was properly amazing. Fantastic vocals as well. 2006, London. Right? The one at the exclusive nightclub afterparty show thing?

It was played at the main show before the afterparty as well, that's where that boot is from.

It was played at the main show before the afterparty as well, that's where that boot is from.

I clearly remember a phone video of the afterparty acoustic version as well. I think ex-mygnrforummember cherry_bomb was there. I can't find it on youtube, but I definitely had it at one time!

Edit:

Edited by username

Yeah I know that, but the "ALL THE FUCKING SONGS..." comment is from a boot from the main show, can't find it on YouTube, was an audio download from a while back, will see if I can find it.

Yeah I know that, but the "ALL THE FUCKING SONGS..." comment is from a boot from the main show, can't find it on YouTube, was an audio download from a while back, will see if I can find it.

I know that one too. :) I think I have a boot with that on it on my work laptop. But I prefer the acoustic one. :)

Hear some guy in the London audience shout: "ALL DA SONGS THEY'VE GOT AND THEY'RE PLAYING DIS SHIT"

didn't they also do covers of Sway, You Gotta Move and Back in the USSR that same show?

add in Live and Let Die and KOHD...that's a shit load of covers

I know that one too. :) I think I have a boot with that on it on my work laptop. But I prefer the acoustic one. :)

I can't find it now but I can remember everyone in the vicinity of the guy recording the show groaning and laughing. Guess they don't like Rod Stewart...

Hear some guy in the London audience shout: "ALL DA SONGS THEY'VE GOT AND THEY'RE PLAYING DIS SHIT"

didn't they also do covers of Sway, You Gotta Move and Back in the USSR that same show?

Guess Izzy wanted to play them, according to HTGTH they were all with Izzy (You Gotta Move was Izzy on lead vocals I think).

I can't find it now but I can remember everyone in the vicinity of the guy recording the show groaning and laughing. Guess they don't like Rod Stewart...

Barbarians.

When I hear Sailing I remember being on an re-built golden age style sailing boat cruising along the Algarve shore of Portugal. The captain put on that song while we were going. :lol:

• Like 1

Guess Izzy wanted to play them, according to HTGTH they were all with Izzy (You Gotta Move was Izzy on lead vocals I think).

Yeah, Izzy was on lead vocals but Axl adds his too, which makes it infinitely better

Love the way this cover band go on about what's under wraps, like anyone really cares, only for the big reveal to equal not much.. not much, that's new GN'R..

Tbf, Duff was a big and welcome surprise. I remember somebody saying that Tom Mayhue promised surprises for the Buenos Aires show, and I was like, yeah, whatever...