Guns N’ Roses shooting for ‘kick-ass’ residency in Las Vegas

so some are finished and others not?

Probably. My guess is that these songs exist, but are in the same state as the first couple rounds of leaks we got 06-07. Not final mixes or anything like that, unless of course Caram has been hard at work behind the scenes, which we have no reason to believe is the case thus far. Again, it all comes down to old Axl committing to doing whatever else needs to be done on the mixing & mastering front to get these next round of tracks to the fans.

so some are finished and others not?

Probably. My guess is that these songs exist, but are in the same state as the first couple rounds of leaks we got 06-07. Not final mixes or anything like that, unless of course Caram has been hard at work behind the scenes, which we have no reason to believe is the case thus far. Again, it all comes down to old Axl committing to doing whatever else needs to be done on the mixing & mastering front to get these next round of tracks to the fans.

'Final mix'? Axl once claimed that Oh My God was a 'demo' (which was a bunch of bollocks if ever I have heard a bunch of bollocks)!! The guy is like Lucas, forever adding bits of digital crud to, otherwise, completed material. Axl actually does not understand the concept of, 'final mix'. Remember, Interscope released CD prematurely, i.e. against Axl's wishes! I actually believe if Interscope had not done that, we would still be waiting on CD in 2014.

• Like 2

There might be 8 songs with finished vocals that we know of but those 8 songs together on a record might not work together. Listen I'm sure there's at least an albums worth of finished songs or almost finished songs in the vaults, and I would warrant a guess and say Axl has worked on some of those songs since CD dropped.

Ashba is an asshole.

Every fucking tour he does says the same thing.

"We don't follow a setlist, we don't know the next song" -> DUMBASS

"We have a lot of surprises" -> DUMBASS

Bla Bla Bla Bla.

TERRIBLE guitar player and LIAR. I'm fucking tired of this guy.

edit: by the way, i have a setlist page that i got from the Rio 2014 show. I met the guy in Recife and forgot to give him the setlist as a gift.

I think Dj really can't predict the next song in the setlist....

*CD finishes*

Dj: So Axl what's next? Oh My God? CITR? Going Down? I finally learnt how to play Riad, let's play Riad!

Axl: You know what's next, you've been here since 2009.

Dj: No I don't....?

Axl: Take a guess.

Dj: Perfect Crime?

Axl: Why don't you ask Ron what's next?

Dj: Okay Dokie Axl Sir.

Dj: Hey Ron old budy, What songs next?

Bumblefoot: Welcome to the Jungle....

Dj: Really? OMG we never do WTTJ after CD! This is AMAZING, I HAVE TO TWEET THIS! This is #GREAT. #Unpredictable. #Conquertheworld. I'm soooooooooooooo happy to be a part of such a great and unpredictable band! I hope we do The General next! I can't wait for the new album, blah blah blah blah. Oh, WTTJ started, I missed my parts... Oh well, I'll just throw in a new solo here. #swag.

• Like 4

How do we know that since the Axl chats all the vault songs haven't been canned? There's no reason to believe these songs exist anymore.

What about 10 or so songs that Skwerl claims he has heard? Too bad he deleted everything though.

How do we know that since the Axl chats all the vault songs haven't been canned? There's no reason to believe these songs exist anymore.

What about 10 or so songs that Skwerl claims he has heard? Too bad he deleted everything though.

I could claim I've heard unreleased songs even if it's bullshit. I don't know, it all seems too convienent. Until there's definitive proof that all these mythical songs exist, I'm not sure I can put faith in anything regarding the CD leftovers.

How do we know that since the chats no more songs have been created and older songs have not been worked on?

Why on earth do you think there's no reason to believe the songs exist any more? Axl got bored one day and hit delete?

I think this is a classic case of having too much time on your hands and because of hearing no news from Axl, we assume the worst.

I could claim I've heard unreleased songs even if it's bullshit. I don't know, it all seems too convienent. Until there's definitive proof that all these mythical songs exist, I'm not sure I can put faith in anything regarding the CD leftovers.

I've been saying the same thing for years. I mean, what the fuck is Checkmate really?! These songs exist in people's heads, and what's hilarious is when one like Going Down leaks, it just so happens to be a song NO ONE was talking about before. We were talking about the General, Atlas Shrugged. Songs that very well could not exist at all.

Idk, I kinda feel like Going Down sorta coming out of nowhere helps the argument of Axl having more songs in the

vault and doesn't really take away from the potential existence of the "Big Guns"

Fair enough, but IMO it just proves that no one knows what the fuck they're talking about.

Article: http://blog.vegas.com/las-vegas-shows/guns-n-roses-shooting-for-kick-ass-residency-in-las-vegas-46252/

Ashba: “It’s going to be different from any other Guns N’ Roses show you’ve ever experienced.”

"Not a lot is being revealed about the upcoming Guns N’ Roses residency at the Hard Rock Hotel, but it will have lots of surprises, lead guitarist DJ Ashba said."

d98ec8e2927a2d368c9bc6d9903681d1ddc109d5

I've been saying the same thing for years. I mean, what the fuck is Checkmate really?! These songs exist in people's heads

Guns N' Roses - Checkmate: http://youtu.be/pF0_ie1-oJ8

Sounds pretty real to me, not to mention awesome.

But its 17 seconds. I mean, is it a song? It easily sounds like an unfinished piece they were working with. What I meant was "what the fuck is Checkmate really, when all we've heard is a 17 second clip that doesn't prove at all there's a full song there."

"Well, Ive heard the six tracks that were leaked, and theyre amazing

Bach: But those arent the final versions. he laughed about those. those arent the record. those are some other version of whatever. One of my favorite songs - I asked axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "fine"and one of my favorite songs is this song called "the general" which is so, its by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard axl do, this slow grinding riff with these high peircing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like , when is this coming out? and he said "2012" I was like dude, your killin me! He goes, "well this comes out on the third record. it relates to this song, its a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically." hes got it all figured out, hes just different than other people. he does thingso n his own time, in his own way, but you know...the worlds not prepared for what ive heard from this guy. its got the grandness and the epic-ness of november rain but with the snarl, the attitude of appetite. because the album that ive heard, alot of the drumming is by brain, who plays so heavy and mean. its a really...grand is the word for it, but its still got that attitude. Theres some great music comin your way. My album meanwhile is 100 percent comin out on november 20. thats 100 percentile. its done, its mastered, ive got it on my fucking ipod and its ready to go."

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

But its 17 seconds. I mean, is it a song? It easily sounds like an unfinished piece they were working with. What I meant was "what the fuck is Checkmate really, when all we've heard is a 17 second clip that doesn't prove at all there's a full song there."

How does it "easily sound like an unfinished piece they were working with"?

This is a never ending conversation, simply, you're assuming there's not much material since only one record got released.

I get it, and this is the last I'll say about it cause we'll just keep going round and round (god, I'm still devastated about that Ratt breakup), but who is Sebastian Bach to trust? I mean, I like the guy, but he's also so far up Axl's butt that he's nearly Beta. He just tries so hard to be Axl's friend. And this was back at the time when Bach and him were tight, so it makes perfect sense that he thinks Axl will like that he's talking about the record.

I'm sorry, but the perceived truths in this quote "I've heard this song called the general..." has to be taken with the same amount of salt as "its coming out in 2012", which did not happen.

How does it "easily sound like an unfinished piece they were working with"?

This is a never ending conversation, simply, you're assuming there's not much material since only one record got released.

No, I'm not assuming that. I'm just saying there isn't really much legitimate stuff to prove otherwise. And is me really assuming that any stupider than everyone else assuming there's this goldmine of stuff? Just because Axl gives names to a bunch of stuff doesn't mean any of it is in a finished form and is anything more than an instrumental thing thats being tried out.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

I get it, and this is the last I'll say about it cause we'll just keep going round and round (god, I'm still devastated about that Ratt breakup), but who is Sebastian Bach to trust? I mean, I like the guy, but he's also so far up Axl's butt that he's nearly Beta. He just tries so hard to be Axl's friend. And this was back at the time when Bach and him were tight, so it makes perfect sense that he thinks Axl will like that he's talking about the record.

I'm sorry, but the perceived truths in this quote "I've heard this song called the general..." has to be taken with the same amount of salt as "its coming out in 2012", which did not happen.

Do you really think he just lied about it? Made it up? :lol:

Serious question. This isn't about whether it's good or not, we're talking about it's existence. It's one of the better quotes out of quite a few, confirming it's real, it has vocals. Shall we do Atlas next?

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

Do you really think he just lied about it? Made it up? :lol:

Serious question. This isn't about whether it's good or not, we're talking about it's existence. It's one of the better quotes out of quite a few, confirming it's real, it has vocals. Shall we do Atlas next?

I don't know if "lied" is the appropriate word. I think exaggerate is more like it. Thats the only way I can describe his comment "it has the grandness of November Rain and the snarl of Appetite". I mean, come fucking on. That sounds like THE most rehearsed answer he could have that also makes Axl seem like this visionary. Maybe he has heard this song. But to say I trust him, when he says stuff like the comment before? I don't know. Thats very difficult.

The bottom line is, even if you're right, after 20 years you still can't definitively prove I'm wrong either.