How successful would a reunion be - give your estimates

See what I mean? They've already created an imaginary excuse for an imaginary, implausible event in which Axl is the imaginary reason for not as many people giving a fuck about an 80s rock band in the 2000s as they deluded themselves into believing. :lol:

Guys, the reunion will be the biggest thing ever! It'll save rock n' roll! I'm telling you! And if it doesn't, it's all Axl's fault! :lol:

• Like 2

I love how reunionshits already have the "it's because Axl is fat!" excuse ready to play if the reunion happens and isn't the biggest thing since Michael Jackson came back to life in 2020 and toured the moon.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

If you think that an original lineup reunion wouldn't be HUGE news, you're dead wrong. I think Zint's estimates are pretty much bang on the money. This would be one of the biggest band reunions in history, without a doubt. GN'R's fans from the 80's and 90's are all adults that now have the cash to blow on big shows like this, and they would for the chance to see those guys up on stage again.

No, an album wouldn't sell well - but the tour would be massive, until people start tearing Axl's vocals to shreds.

See what I mean? They've already created an imaginary excuse for an imaginary, implausible event in which Axl is the imaginary reason for not as many people giving a fuck about an 80s rock band in the 2000s as they deluded themselves into believing. :lol:

Guys, the reunion will be the biggest thing ever! It'll save rock n' roll! I'm telling you! And if it doesn't, it's all Axl's fault! :lol:

Wow, could you be trolling any harder?

Do you know a single thing about the original lineup? Do you have any idea just how big they were? You dismiss it all as "cockrock", which is fine - but GN'R were the single biggest band in the world at one point in their career. They have a shitload of fans, and the demand for tickets to reunion shows would be bigger than you can probably appreciate. :shrugs:

• Like 2

I'm not denying that it'd be pretty big, just think it's funny that people are already pre-emptively blaming Axl for if it doesn't revolutionize music and live performance as we know it.

It'd be a pretty successful tour. They'd make their money. The world would keep spinning.

FWIW, as I was walking down the block to dinner here in brooklyn, I passed a guy wearing an AFD t-shirt.

GNR is alive and well in the minds of people everywhere. And no, I didn't see anyone wearing ashba swag or listening to bbf shit his diarrhea shred all over a guitar.

Edited by niceguy
  • Like 1

See what I mean? They've already created an imaginary excuse for an imaginary, implausible event in which Axl is the imaginary reason for not as many people giving a fuck about an 80s rock band in the 2000s as they deluded themselves into believing. :lol:Guys, the reunion will be the biggest thing ever! It'll save rock n' roll! I'm telling you! And if it doesn't, it's all Axl's fault! :lol:

What in the fuck are you babbling about? This, like most things on this forum, is purely hypothetical. No ones expecting a reunion to actually happen.

But you're all kinds of batshit if you think it wouldn't be the biggest thing to happen in rock music in decades. All that's being said that if Axl doesn't get his shit together for it, and if the tour fizzles unexpectedly quickly, and there's video after video of Axl wheezing and gasping Mickey, well 1+1=2, right?

• Like 1

lmfao, I'm a cupcake because I think it's possible that a group of 50 year olds playing 80s rock songs might not set the world on fire, and that in the event that it doesn't, i don't preemptively blame axl. fuck off

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 2

A reunion would definitely sell tickets and the guys would make great tons of money.

As a nostalgia act of seeing them together one more time, I would gladly pay the price just for the sake of saying "man, I was there and I actually supported the band I love, at least, one last time". I mean, Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt are the ones who provided me the music I love and will still love even after I'm dead. I never had the chance to see real Guns when they were a relevant band, and to think they were, at some point, the biggest band in the world is kind of amazing. Unfortunately I, as many others, have only experienced real Guns through recordings and bootlegs. That's basically why I would attend to a show.

That said, I'm not sure if I would enjoy it vocally-wise, since Axl voice is still shit and no member of real Guns or reunion can change that but that's just me, many other people wouldn't care and would support the reunion shows like crazy. I mean, you have Axl fans traveling all over the world to see his current band, why wouldn't be possible that all the people who couldn't care less about Axl's band would do the same if a reunion was announced? I believe many people will.

No matter how shit Axl sounds nowadays, or how stoned Steven is, a reunion tour would be the biggest cashgrab of the last decade.

The real question is, will it happen?

Not in this lifetime.

• Like 1

A reunion would be MASSIVE, even today.

Even just Slash coming back would be monumental, in fact Slash coming back would be classed as a reunion by the average punter AKA Joe Six Pack.

If Axl was to "pull his head in" and play ball, IE: do the rounds of talk shows etc with his "old mate" Slash in tow and be able to talk candidly about their (now forgotten, silly) feud and how they are big boys now who knows how huge it would be.

These days Tony Iommi has to pretend he likes Ozzy and sprouts lines like "we were always friends" :lol:

I forgot to address one of Groghan's questions. I don't think they would record a new album and even if they did, I don't think it would sell that much. Let's not forget that Axl will still be Axl.

People love the classics, shit, my brothers love them, my girlfriend love them, even my mom :lol: so by having the ones who actually wrote the classics playing the classics, you already have the money in your pocket.

lmfao, I'm a troll because I think it's possible that a group of 50 year olds playing 80s rock songs might not set the world on fire, and that in the event that it doesn't, i don't preemptively blame axl. fuck off

No, you're a troll because of the way you ridicule people for having an opinion that differs to yours. Calling people "reunionionshits", saying they're "deluded" for thinking that a reunion would be huge news is a far cry from "I think it's possible it might not set the world on fire".

And they're stupid for suggesting that Axl would probably be the weak link if it were to take place? How is that not a fair thing to assume? He has the most demanding role to play and he's arguably in worse shape than the rest of them.

You changed track once I used the word "troll", but you've freely admitted yourself that you troll this section regularly. You exaggerate the shit out of your posts to get a rise out of people, and it seems you do it so frequently that you don't even realise you're doing it anymore. :shrugs:

• Like 2

The tour would sell. Not sure about the record. Maybe if they brought out reunion iPhone warmers they would sell like hot cakes.

Let's say the record sold 5 mil world wide. maybe 10 mil max.

The expectation for the record, the hype for it would put CD to shame. The kind of speculative forum/media wankery for a reunion record gives me finger callouses and Repetitive Strain Injuries just thinking about it.

lmfao, I'm a cupcake because I think it's possible that a group of 50 year olds playing 80s rock songs might not set the world on fire, and that in the event that it doesn't, i don't preemptively blame axl. fuck off

No, you're a cupcake because of the way you ridicule people for having an opinion that differs to yours. Calling people "reunionionshits", saying they're "deluded" for thinking that a reunion would be huge news is a far cry from "I think it's possible it might not set the world on fire".

And they're stupid for suggesting that Axl would probably be the weak link if it were to take place? How is that not a fair thing to assume? He has the most demanding role to play and he's arguably in worse shape than the rest of them.

You changed track once I used the word "cupcake", but you've freely admitted yourself that you cupcake this section regularly. You exaggerate the shit out of your posts to get a rise out of people, and it seems you do it so frequently that you don't even realise you're doing it anymore. :shrugs:

Well think about it. There are people who think rock music is still relevant and that a GNR reunion would be a bigger deal than Katy Perry's new #1 song or whatever everyone's talking about at the moment. I think it's fair to call that delusion. The world does not care as much about Guns N' Roses as certain people here believe they do.

No, they're not stupid for suggesting that Axl would be the weak link. I think that as well. I just think it's hilarious that they're already making pre-emptive excuses for if it doesn't turn out to be the world-changing phenomenon that they're banking on. "Nope, it's not because GNR isn't as relevant as I thought it was, it's because of Axl."

Yeah, of course I've trolled in the past and jump on the train when something hilarious like the Golden Gods happens, but this isn't me being extreme to facilitate reactions or lie to stir things up, it's just my thoughts on what I've seen some people say. Hilarious how it's blown up into this. Fucking touchy people here. :lol:

• Like 1

^^If it were a case of Axl showing up even tolerable, then yeah I'd totally agree with that premise. But if it's a matter of him being shit, critics calling him out specifically for being shit, and comments from the peanut gallery saying "wow Axl sucks dick now", then that's when you'd hear people say "well maybe if Axl had gotten shit together, they probably would have...". Nobody's talking pointing the finger at Axl no matter what would happen though.

I don't necessarily disagree that the tour wouldn't be the best thing since slice bread, but it would be massive and more significant than you're predicting. Look at Zeppelin in 07. That was an event. They weren't relevant with current trends at that point, but they didn't have to be. They already made their mark and are well loved, admired, and respected for what they've already accomplished. The same applies to real gnr, albeit to a slightly lesser degree of course. They were much grander than your typical, run in the mill, "80s cock rock", that's for sure.

I really don't think it would be this massive spectacle many believe it would be.. It be huge because there are going to cram it down people's throats with images of slash and ax but the thing that worries me is that at this moment a lot of people who go see and pay for Nugnr don't even know it's not original gnr lol.. I don't know if an album would even be possible? Do you think Ax would be willing to put out slash songs? I'm sure he'd love to work on izzy stuff and ofcourse he has his own stuff he's been keeping hidden for years! I think them making an album is a fat chance. Reunion tour you never know maybe one day Axl wants the money.

No, you're a cupcake because of the way you ridicule people for having an opinion that differs to yours. Calling people "reunionionshits", saying they're "deluded" for thinking that a reunion would be huge news is a far cry from "I think it's possible it might not set the world on fire".

You changed track once I used the word "cupcake", but you've freely admitted yourself that you cupcake this section regularly. You exaggerate the shit out of your posts to get a rise out of people, and it seems you do it so frequently that you don't even realise you're doing it anymore. :shrugs:

I'm still mad the Paul huge thread isn't mine :D Edited by Estranged Coma

A reunion tour would be commercially huge but culturally irrelevant. They've waited way too long to have any impact on the "music world" or whatever you want to call it. Once you get past the hype it's just a bunch of dudes way past their primes with the most important piece in atrocious performing condition.

• Like 1

GN'R is probably the reunion most people would answer if asked. Those who were around back when they were the biggest band in the world know the chemistry that only these 5 guys have together. I guarantee if Axl and Slash were on good terms that that chemistry would immediately reignite. That can be a hard thing to come by in bands. They were in sync so well together and if you look at all the members post Guns output you will know that none of them have the same connection with their respective band members as they did with the GN'R guys. Shit, we all know Axl has no chemistry with his guys.

Quite frankly, they would sell out the world with a tour.

As for an album, I doubt it would happen. This scenario would most likely be just tour only and I'm fine with that.

Edited by SlashisGOD
  • Like 1

^^If it were a case of Axl showing up even tolerable, then yeah I'd totally agree with that premise. But if it's a matter of him being shit, critics calling him out specifically for being shit, and comments from the peanut gallery saying "wow Axl sucks dick now", then that's when you'd hear people say "well maybe if Axl had gotten shit together, they probably would have...". Nobody's talking pointing the finger at Axl no matter what would happen though.

I don't necessarily disagree that the tour wouldn't be the best thing since slice bread, but it would be massive and more significant than you're predicting. Look at Zeppelin in 07. That was an event. They weren't relevant with current trends at that point, but they didn't have to be. They already made their mark and are well loved, admired, and respected for what they've already accomplished. The same applies to real gnr, albeit to a slightly lesser degree of course. They were much grander than your typical, run in the mill, "80s cock rock", that's for sure.

the thing is bobbo is the led zeppelin reunion was a one off reunion, just one show. if the classic lineup of gnr reunited for one show say in madison square garden or *insert any huge arena here* of course it would be a spectacle and an event since it is a one shot deal. if we are talking a tour and at a stretch an album, i think it would be far less grand. the music landscape is much different now and most people do not care about rock music today. if a tour kicked off, it would get attention for the first couple of dates and the excitement would quickly fade away.

I know a reunion would be huge and they would sell a ton of albums and sell out stadiums but they would be forgotten rather quickly by the mass media. Like some have mentioned these guys(all of them) are past their primes and the state of rock music is very bad. I just can't see GnR "saving" rock music.

Still I do feel it would be successful in terms of money and their legacy would be boosted because magazines still think GnR is cool. When they hear the hits like Jungle, SCOM, Don't Cry,etc. they know it's cool. It's just I know they wouldn't be the biggest act today in terms of coverage for instance look at The Rolling Stones or Metallica, both sell out stadiums but the media don't really follow them. That's what GnR would end up being, a big band at first and then just a band that can be respectable like the legends they are.

Which in my opinion is the best thing that could happen.

• Like 1

Anyone who was at Heaton Park for the Stone Roses reunion in 2012 knows that when an iconic band reforms, one that changed lives, the people who's lives were changed come out to celebrate.

A Guns N Roses reunion would be massive from a touring/festival perspective. It would make rich men richer!

It would be a massive success for the initial tour. If they were able to actually write a great, raw, aggressive classic rock record (something I'm not sold on) and drop it during said tour? It would sell like gang busters imo.

Anyone who was at Heaton Park for the Stone Roses reunion in 2012 knows that when an iconic band reforms, one that changed lives, the people who's lives were changed come out to celebrate.

A Guns N Roses reunion would be massive from a touring/festival perspective. It would make rich men richer!

I was at the 2nd night at Heaton Park, was awesome :) and agreed, if classic GNR reunited they could easily sell out huge outdoor shows worldwide.

• Like 1