Axl Rose + Tony Iommi

Would you like to hear Axl +Tony on a collaboration?

Axl always stated he like Black Sabbath and Baz said there's a song that really metal and it's their most Black Sabbath moment
Let's say Axl got his 2006 or 2010 voice back and do a song with Iommi
It would be fucking killer, everytime Tony touch his guitar a new monster riff came out
rock3:devilshades: rock4

No. We don't need to regress back to guitar rock. Loud generic metal riffs produced by Rick Rubshit and autotune vocals. Who wants that?

Do a 5 song EP of piano instrumentals.

After which, a 5 song EP of Buckethead experimentations from the studio.

Then a jazz EP.

Give Trent Reznor some songs for remixing - Estranged and some CD tracks. Remix EP.

Get Robin back in the fold. Do an EP. Just his guitar and your voice. He's one of the greatest musicians ever. His chord progressions and way of playing need to be able to shine. Not buried so deep in an album that the only way to really hear them is from Rockband multitrack stems.

Do an electronic EP.

Do something. You've got instruments. You've got musicians. You've got some good songwriting skills. Put it together and release some music.

• Like 1

No. We don't need to regress back to guitar rock. Loud generic metal riffs produced by Rick Rubshit and autotune vocals. Who wants that?

Then a jazz EP.

Give Trent Reznor some songs for remixing - Estranged and some CD tracks. Remix EP.

Get Robin back in the fold. Do an EP. Just his guitar and your voice. He's one of the greatest musicians ever. His chord progressions and way of playing need to be able to shine. Not buried so deep in an album that the only way to really hear them is from Rockband multitrack stems.

Do an electronic EP.

Do something. You've got instruments. You've got musicians. You've got some good songwriting skills. Put it together and release some music.

FYpzmYi.gif

• Like 1

It'd be better than 13, that's for sure.

muttley-o.gif

I see your point with (mutley) but if Geezer would join and some decent drummer, this would be fucking good

Then a jazz EP.

Do an electronic EP.

lol i just saw you listen to Detroit Rock City :lol:

i think the majority of hardcores got tired with the NIN bullshit now (don't get me wrong i'm a casual Trent and NIN fan)

Axl is a rock n' roll singer as far as i'm concerned. That is what made him famous

A more straightforward rock/metal album would be the shit for Axl

Maybe he became a little more relevant again, who knows

I would love to hear Axl sing Snow Blind or Dirty Women.

Have a Black Sabbath cover as a hidden track on an EP of new material.

Snowblind is DEFINITELY THE SONG i want to hear from Axl Rose

Even Into The Void would be fun

Then a jazz EP.

Do an electronic EP.

...that sounds horrible... I think the majority here want to regress back to "guitar rock" whatever that is...

Not to be rude but your ideas for remixing past songs sounds horrible and it also seems like you would probably just prefer to listen to some NIN than a new GNR release... and if not NIN any electronica or avant-garde guitar doodling.

I've never made my oldschool KISS love a secret.

What do you mean by "hardcores"?

Axl is clearly not more of a hard rock guy. Since AFD has been released he's progressively shown that more and more.

Umm but he only tours with the AFD/UYI songs and when he covers a song that would be a casual rock hit

Hardcores: us folks in the forums or a little bit far away from the forums, but still care about Axl, but not on a daily basis

Right Next Door To Hell, Coma and Perfect Crime are as heavy as anything on Appetite, I agree since disbanding the old band he ain't able to rock as hard but UYI whilst diverse and showing greater influence and artistry definitely had a healthy dose of rock in there.

Now he has full control of Guns we see he isn't into the same sound on everything that Slash is into so I guess what I'm getting at is that he is a hard rock dude when someone can spit something out that makes him tick, just not into becoming a one trick pony, which is why I prefer Slash's stuff in Guns when he was challenged by Axl, don't get me wrong, the straightforward rockers are great but deviation brings better results in creative forms, and maybe Axl could benefit from bringing some rock back to new GNR on another record as he experimented a lot on CD but it didn't have as much rock as it could've, the riffs and cathartic fury were missing.

Riad, Silkworms, OMG, and Shackler's are more heavy than anything on AFD or UYI. Soul Monster (aka Leave Me Alone) is the song that is supposed to be Axl's most "Black Sabbath moment".

lolwut

OMG has a heavy vibe, but the rest of you stated?

lol just no

There should be a cover of Symptom of the Universe on the next record and Iommi can play the geetahr. Axl would sound awesome screeching through that shit.

If I were to pick one Ozzy era Sabbath song to hear Axl do, that'd be very high on my list.

• Like 1

Riad, Silkworms, OMG, and Shackler's are more heavy than anything on AFD or UYI. Soul Monster (aka Leave Me Alone) is the song that is supposed to be Axl's most "Black Sabbath moment".

Perfect Crime is the heaviest and most 100% speed metal song GN'R ever wrote. It also happens to kick the shit out of OMG, Silkworms, etc etc.

Too bad we'll never hear Soul Monster.

Perfect Crime is the heaviest and most 100% speed metal song GN'R ever wrote. It also happens to kick the shit out of OMG, Silkworms, etc etc.

Too bad we'll never hear Soul Monster.

I wouldn't exactly call Perfect Crime speed metal. It's one of the heavier GN'R songs sure, but it's still rock to me.