Spanking!

Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Are they that stupid that they needed telling that though? :lol:

5 year old kids are generally that "stupid" I think. ;) Or maybe they've been just slapped too much and too hard..

Sorry, i missed the bit where they were 5 :lol:

I didn't mention their (aprox.) ages but I was talking about kids who play fucking golf on a terrace with glass walls, what'd you think they were, 15? :lol: That would have been almost hilarious.

Well i don't know until you tell me, do i? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Are they that stupid that they needed telling that though?

5 year old kids are generally that "stupid" I think. Or maybe they've been just slapped too much and too hard..

Sorry, i missed the bit where they were 5

I didn't mention their (aprox.) ages but I was talking about kids who play fucking golf on a terrace with glass walls, what'd you think they were, 15? That would have been almost hilarious.

Well i don't know until you tell me, do i?

No you don't, but you sure made the most logical assumption based on the given info.

And that was to assume that 5 year olds play golf? :lol: I don't think I've ever seen anyone under like 25 that plays golf man :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Are they that stupid that they needed telling that though?

5 year old kids are generally that "stupid" I think. Or maybe they've been just slapped too much and too hard..

Sorry, i missed the bit where they were 5

I didn't mention their (aprox.) ages but I was talking about kids who play fucking golf on a terrace with glass walls, what'd you think they were, 15? That would have been almost hilarious.

Well i don't know until you tell me, do i?

No you don't, but you sure made the most logical assumption based on the given info.

And that was to assume that 5 year olds play golf? I don't think I've ever seen anyone under like 25 that plays golf man

"Playing golf" not playing golf for real.. This is getting retarded

So whats the difference? :lol:

Spanking is like a "shut the fuck up" quick fix but it doesn't really teach anything.

Kids have to learn why they're not in the right and learn why everything can't go their way, but should that mean the response from a parent is to smack them? You're supposed to protect them, boost their self-esteem, be their mentor and role model.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Spanking is like a "shut the fuck up" quick fix but it doesn't really teach anything.

Kids have to learn why they're not in the right and learn why everything can't go their way, but should that mean the response from a parent is to smack them? You're supposed to protect them, boost their self-esteem, be their mentor and role model.

So then spanking and explaining why is the full ticket? I could agree with that.

Guest Len B'stard

Sorry, my radar must be off or something :lol: Even pretend toy golf, i never seen no kids playing it!

Edited by sugaraylen

People that approve of spanking were all spanked. It's their way of saying "my mommy and daddy were the best, you don't know what you're talking about" and also saying "there's nothing wrong with me because of it".

No one actually thinks it's a good idea. They're ignoring the ramifications in order to prove that they and their parents are "normal".

My parents hit me a few times when I was very young. Seemed weak then. Seems weak now. I can acknowledge that and still love them.

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Len B'stard

People that approve of spanking were all spanked. It's their way of saying "my mommy and daddy were the best, you don't know what you're talking about" and also saying "there's nothing wrong with me because of it".

No one actually thinks it's a good idea. They're ignoring the ramifications in order to prove that they and their parents are "normal".

My parents hit me a few times when I was very young. Seemed weak then. Seems weak now. I can acknowledge that and still love them.

So, in short, you assessments are valid based on your emotional responses and nothing besides and the opposite side of the coin are invalid based on their being emotional responses, right, that makes sense. Perhaps the fact that you can't acknowledge the fact that what they did was right and still love them is precisely what makes you and not them the weak ones. I guess that would involve assessing ones own arrogance though huh? Thats always complicated.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah man totes.

Oh of course man, how could it ever be that you're wrong, it's momsies and dadsies fault, I guess they're lucky to have a gracious enough son to forgive them for that shit, right :lol:

Guest Len B'stard
Wrong about what exactly?

Nothing, like you said, it was your parents...and you forgave them from up on your cross, so there's no issue ;)

Hitting your kids is a weak move. There are other forms of punishment.

No ones denied that though...are all those other forms functional in every context though? In fact, go ahead, tell me what those other forms are that'd make a difference to a kid who really didn't give a fuck, go on.

I love my parents. I'm with my mother right now. She's the best. <3
I didn't claim or suggest anything besides.

Why are people assuming that those parents who one day slapped their kid for bad behaviour didn't take the time to explain the kid the why? As I said, I can count the times I got a (well deserved) slap, but everytime I did was because my parents knew I knew what I was doing was wrong and they knew I totally understood why it was wrong and still, I was acting like a cute little asshole. My parents taught me that you don't put your fingers in a socket and what would happen if I did it and all that, you know.

And also, why are we assuming a slap will cause more trauma to a kid than making him stand up looking at a wall or yelling at him or whatever?

Guest Len B'stard

@hardassLen No, they are not functional in every context. What kind of question is that? That doesn't change anything.

Because nothing about your response has any regard for their intent and is coloured by your emotional response only. The very fact that you subscribe to the whole hardass/pussy ass type mentality says a lot about you and where you're coming from and, furthermore, proves my point admirably.

Edited by sugaraylen

My post wasn't about their intent. Instead of being an argumentative prick for the sake of it and turning it into a personal battle as usual, why don't you actually add something of substance instead of going on about how arrogant and high on my cross I am.

Sensitive subject I see.

Guest Len B'stard

My post wasn't about their intent.

Exactly.

Instead of being an argumentative prick for the sake of it and turning it into a personal battle as usual, why don't you actually add something of substance instead of going on about how arrogant and high on my cross I am.

Sensitive subject I see.

So uh, not addressing the point I was making, no? Didn't think so ;) Keep going man, you're a champ. Explain to me how I'm supposed to be impersonal about something that is specifically about you and your responses to things?

Complicated subject i see.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Why are people assuming that those parents who one day slapped their kid for bad behaviour didn't take the time to explain the kid the why? As I said, I can count the times I got a (well deserved) slap, but everytime I did was because my parents knew I knew what I was doing was wrong and they knew I totally understood why it was wrong and still, I was acting like a cute little asshole. My parents taught me that you don't put your fingers in a socket and what would happen if I did it and all that, you know.

And also, why are we assuming a slap will cause more trauma to a kid than making him stand up looking at a wall or yelling at him or whatever?

Well, not my argument but one could argue that there's always a physical damage done with every physical punishment (I bet at least one cell dies every time :lol: ) and a rare but possible chance of serious injury; slipping over from the impact or something ;)

So your position is about tangible injury from a spanking or a slap?

Well, not my argument but one could argue that there's always a physical damage done with every physical punishment (I bet at least one cell dies every time :lol: ) and a rare but possible chance of serious injury; slipping over from the impact or something ;)

Cool story bro.

Guest Len B'stard

So your position is about tangible injury from a spanking or a slap?

See what I said in the beginning of that post. Not my argument, not my position, just said something for conversations sake in the form of what someone could use as an argument.

Well OK then, consider it a response to a proposition you've presented, as opposed to one you believe in.

Oh well, I'll try, real quick: is giving a slap, when it seems it's being needed, worth the chance of causing actual physical injury?

Chuck Norris is your dad or what?

Anyway, I would say a potential psychological damage is more relevant here, don't ypou think? ... and that can be equally cause because your parents made you stand in the corner too many times as a kid.

This is stupid. I have linked to a meta study that unanimously stated that physical punishment increases the risk of kids becoming violent in addition to other antisocial behaviours. If you still think hitting your kid is a good idea - knowing there is a plethora of tools available in parenting - then you don't have your kids' best interests in mind and, frankly, shouldn't be a parent.

And no, forcing your kid to stand in a corner is not one of these other options.

• Like 1