Spanking!

Dazey

TeeJay "my kid" LOL.

Haven't you walked out on him like 4 times now?

C'mon dude, don't be bringing people's family into your personal shit

This is something he's spoken of publically on the forums multiple times. I think it's a valid point (as someone already mentioned). I'm not sure if he has the right to hit the kid considering he's not he biological father nor is he married to the mother, and he's left them both in the past.

Never spanked my kid. I don't necessarily have a stand against it, I'm not sure out method of making him stand against a wall does any more or less psychological damage, but it's never something that felt right.

Aren't you his stepfather, though? If I was the baby daddy, it would really rustle my jimmies if my kid's stepfather laid a hand on him.

If I had a child (I never will) and someone hit my kid, I'd fucking kill them.

Guest NGOG

I'm pretty sure that TJ said he wouldn't slap the kid, and that he would even be reluctant to use less extreme punishments.

Also, noone is 100% compatible. Sometimes you have to get away from people, even those that you love.

I think I can count on one hand the times my parents really hit me....and when they did, it was typically one or two slaps....that's it.

As far as me "spanking" my son, I have yet to lay a hand on him. The closest I've come is a few years ago, he kept pinching me...I told him to stop several times...when he wouldn't, I pinched him back.....that was pretty much it. I'm not saying I won't ever slap him if he were to really get out of line....but I think there's just as effective, if not more effective, ways to discipline him....so until those stop working, (if ever) I probably won't be slapping him.

Edited by Kasanova King

Never spanked my kid. I don't necessarily have a stand against it, I'm not sure out method of making him stand against a wall does any more or less psychological damage, but it's never something that felt right.

Aren't you his stepfather, though? If I was the baby daddy, it would really rustle my jimmies if my kid's stepfather laid a hand on him.

we used to get paddled in school...and with all the school shootings....perhaps we still should

Guest Len B'stard

i know a kid whoose completely illiterate. I mean he's in his 20s now but I've known him and his brothers since we were all kids and he's completely illiterate, grew up here, can't read or write or nothing. Why? He basically couldn't last in any school over a week. He went to like 12 schools and never went in any of em over a week, in fact the longest was 6 days and that was just the one. He does very naughty things for a living now and like...there's nothing wrong with him, he's not OCD or QVC or autistic of Automatic for the People, he's just a little fuckin' toe-rag that no one gave a fuckin' slap growing up.

This whole thing, this whole onus on the child and depiction of them as forever fuckin' helpless until they are 18 or even beyond for some people is just fuckin' ridiculous. You know from a very very very young age the difference between right and wrong, very young, not fuckin' 9, 10, 11 I'm talking 5, 6, 7. All these little twats in their teens and everyones blaming the fuckin' parents left right and centre cuz they're out on the thieve every night or robbing or whatever, it's fuckin' bullshit, they know it's not right, y'know how you know it's not right? When the fuckin' police come after you for doing something it's usually a safe assumption that you shouldn't be doing it.

And it extends beyond that, into minor things, like if your Dad tells you you gotta be in bed at a certain time to be up for school, or...i dunno, all that fuckin' stuff, you know when you don't do it that it's you being out of order, any kid even from REALLY early on, like 10 or 11 knows that, by and large, our parents are doing whats best for us and when we act like cunts or break their rules we're doing it out of mischief so therefore, if we know all that shit, why are suddenly 'traumatised' cuz you got a fuckin' slap, explain that shit to me, traumatised is like, as if it's shattered some sort of principle based on fundamental morality, like they don't care about you something like that, which is bullshit, you know why they did it, so you listen, so you don't do that shit again, so you're well slept and can be up for school in the morning where you go and get educated and get to a position where you can take care of yourself when you're of age, don't tell me kids don't fuckin' know that, don't tell me when kids do out of order stuff it's cuz they have no clue....so if they know the difference between right and wrong and they know that they are getting a slap cuz they were doing wrong then what is the slap really, is it some fuckin' moral barrier you've shattered as an adult where you've lowered yourself in a childs fuckin' eyes or is it in actual fact just a short sharp sting some little scamp gets for being out of line?

No ones saying bash em up and pull fuckin' blades on em, keep your hands open always but really, a fuckin' slap when they're being out of order, a clip round the earhole when they swear in front of their Mum, stuff like that is some kinda massive sin now?

All this bullshit about 'they don't agree with you' fuck that, I'm not asking you to agree with me, there's a right and a fuckin' wrong, this ain't an album or a painting, this ain't open for interpretation, there's right and there's wrong and if you do wrong you're getting a slap just like if you do wrong when you're an adult and it's wrong enough you get thrown in prison, there is no grey area here, there are certain things you do that make you a good person and certain things you don't and it's a parents job to make you do the things you should do...at least until you're old enough to fuck off out the house and get a job and look after yourself, which by the way might be a fuckin' while the way some of yous look at the concept of parenting.

'Go sit on the naughty step' 'Go face the wall', I went to school with people like that too, people whoose parents had that hippy dippy take on parenting, all i can remember thinking is 'FUCK, i wish i had parents like that, the shit i could get away with!'.

Honestly, suddenly the children are in charge, fuck that, parents are the ones paying the fucking bills...and don't get me wrong here, love your kids fiercely, look after em, protect em, don't let nothing hurt em, play with em, take em out places, make sure they never want for nothing...but none of that is the same as being a fuckin' weenie and trading roles with em. In fact i think that shit is damaging to kids in the way that those people claim slapping them is. A slap never hurt anybody...but a panty-waist example of a father or a doting smothering mother, now that shit made more fuckin' Norman Bateses in this world than a slap when they're being out of line ever did.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 2

I think I can count on one hand the times my parents really hit me....and when they did, it was typically one or two slaps....that's it.

As far as me "spanking" my son, I have yet to lay a hand on him. The closest I've come is a few years ago, he kept pinching me...I told him to stop several times...when he wouldn't, I pinched him back.....that was pretty much it. I'm not saying I won't ever slap him if he were to really get out of line....but I think there's just as effective, if not more effective, ways to discipline him....so until those stop working, (if ever) I probably won't be slapping him.

Well what are some examples? Like time out? Does that work?

My mom used to hit us so I wouldn't know :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

And oh yeah, this thing about 'if it's OK with kids, why isn't it OK with adults?' well it is, if an adult gets in your face enough, hit him, if you feel you are in danger, stand up for yourself. And for the further example of a boss in charge of employees, there's a difference with that example cuz you ain't in charge of raising and bringing up your employees.

we used to get paddled in school...and with all the school shootings....perhaps we still should

The school shootings are happening because :

1: They get news coverage

2: Kids are taught that they are owed the world

3: Anti bullying crap

Well his bio dad hit his mom and bailed, no one knows where he is, so he sort of lost a right to an opinion. And that's also another thing that is difficult to negotiate, my role parenting him. I would never hit him regardless. But I'm not sensitive to his dad's feelings.

But I've been with her since he was 6 months old and for a whole before he was born, and yeah we did split for a bit during that but I needed to get my shit together. I don't know why I'm explaining it here but I pretty much feel, as does my girl, that I'm his dad figure and I treat the responsibility that entails with the seriousness and love it requires.

Also calling him "my son" is easier than explaining all of that.

Well what are some examples? Like time out? Does that work?

My mom used to hit us so I wouldn't know :lol:

Yeah...pretty much...that, combined with enough yelling usually does the trick. I also sit him down and ask him why he was put on time out, etc....so he understands not to do it next time.....(or at least not for a while... :P )

:lol:

I'd also say prescription drugs have a big role too

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Yelling is bullshit too, except for certain occasions, if you do either too much, whether it be yelling or smacking em too much they'll lose regard for it.

Edited by sugaraylen

Yelling is bullshit too, except for certain occasions, if you do either too much, whether it be yelling or smacking em too much they'll lose regard for it.

Just reminded me of a bit from Jackass: The Movie, where Steve-O explains why he couldn't bring himself to do the prank involving one of them putting a car in a condom up their arse. He says he told his dad he was thinking about doing it, and his dad didn't get angry at him, he just quietly said "Son, I'm disappointed you", and that was so much worse for Steve-O, so he decided not to do it in the end.

Edited by Amir

Guest Len B'stard

Which kinda fits my point, at worst a slap'll make em think you're a cunt...telling em stuff like

That is the stuff that really does psychological damage. Better a slap than a mindfuck, thats what i say.

Which kinda fits my point, at worst a slap'll make em think you're a cunt...telling em stuff like

That is the stuff that really does psychological damage. Better a slap than a mindfuck, thats what i say.

When I yell, I certainly would never call him names or anything that would do any sort of psychological damage....it's usually limited to "stop, quit it, etc."

Also a good point, that again boils down to lazy parenting.

Also a good point, that again boils down to lazy parenting.

at the same time there is no fear of authority...paddling didn't do much good honestly

cause all the bad kids remained in trouble...but it's far from lazy to give a good slap

upside the head

I think a good clip round the ear or whatever (when it's deserved) as a kid doesn't do you any harm- my old man put me on my ass and gave me a black eye when I was in high school but boy oh boy I had it coming.

We had a big ruler that you got whacked with when you were a total shit, barely ever copped it or the cane at school but yeah.

I see disrespectful little cunts everywhere these days...shit like at a bus stop or public place and forming pools of spit where they sit, swearing in front of old ladies etc and if somebody gets into them about it they are the ones likely to be on the wrong end of the law.

I tend to agree with what Axlisold said, Anti Bullying crap is out of hand.

Of course I'm not condoning teasing a gay kid until he kills himself or something, but you should be allowed at some point to tell someone when they are being a complete fuckwit.

Everything is "bullying" these days, if I am being a cock and get called out on it I think that's fair enough...not bullying.

I think it's important to learn respect for society and your elders, and I think a good whacking when you deserve it doesn't do you any harm.

• Like 1

I think a good clip round the ear or whatever (when it's deserved) as a kid doesn't do you any harm- my old man put me on my ass and gave me a black eye when I was in high school but boy oh boy I had it coming.

We had a big ruler that you got whacked with when you were a total shit, barely ever copped it or the cane at school but yeah.

I see disrespectful little cunts everywhere these days...shit like at a bus stop or public place and forming pools of spit where they sit, swearing in front of old ladies etc and if somebody gets into them about it they are the ones likely to be on the wrong end of the law.

I tend to agree with what Axlisold said, Anti Bullying crap is out of hand.

Of course I'm not condoning teasing a gay kid until he kills himself or something, but you should be allowed at some point to tell someone when they are being a complete fuckwit.

Everything is "bullying" these days, if I am being a cock and get called out on it I think that's fair enough...not bullying.

I think it's important to learn respect for society and your elders, and I think a good whacking when you deserve it doesn't do you any harm.

In an ant colony, if an ant starts acting weird, the entire colony removes the ant in question and take them far away and leave them there.

Just saying.

This. My general attitude to punishment is non violent but disrespectful behaviour sometimes just needs to be countered with an equivalent form of punishment.