Spanking!

Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Load of fuckin' bollocks. My old man kicked fuck out of me and I'm alright. Well, i think I'm alright, no one else does :lol: In fact he's probably not beyond dropping me now if i got lairy to him. I prefer it, people make too much of a big thing of it, a clip round the earhole never hurt no one, it's a good thing he was like that cuz, this is gonna sound stupid but when i was little i weren't afraid of nothing. Not of other lads, not of fighting, not of coppers, not of getting hurt...but i was fuckin' afraid of my old man, if i didn't have that influence, that grounding influence in my life i would've been a right little bastard.

It's common in my particular culture and like...never thought nothing of it, i didn't even know there was nothing wrong with it til i started going to school. And quite frankly I'm not above giving a slap to a kid. People get all hippy dippy over this shit and, y'know, loves important, it's the most important thing...but also kids can be cunts...like a 13 yr old being stubborn, gobbing off, being rude to his mum or something, that boy deserves a fuckin' slap, we don't always do everything because of some lack of love or a deep-seated psychological justification, sometimes people are just being cunts.

Also, it sets you up for real life, thats what real life is like, you can't go around being out of order to people because if you do somebody will put you on your arse.

Are you looking for tips already, Dazey ? :lol:

My daughter gets a slap on the wrist sometimes, but that's about it. I don't think spanking will teach them to respect others, but a more or less strict upbringing will. I do find respect for others very important.

Speaking of respect, I was at the doctor's office last week and there was a nurse there, I believe from India or thereabouts.

My daughter said: Mummy, that girl has very dark lips.

Me: Hush, don't say that.

Afterwards, a nurse had to come pick us up.

My daughter: I hope it's not the girl with the brown face.

Me: Don't say such things.

Of course the Indian girl came to pick us up and I was getting nervous.

My daughter: Mummy, I think the nurse has been lying in the sun too.

Me: Hush. No, she was born that way.

Daughter, looking sceptically: I've never seen a brown baby!

Terrible when that happens. Luckily she's only 5, but the nurse didn't say anything and I felt embarrassed.

Well, slightly off-topic, but anyway, just to say it isn't always easy to teach kids to show respect :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I think a father should be stern, loving, reserved in their emotions, a father should command respect, most of all he should teach lessons of life by example, by working hard, by not being a moaner, by making sure his family dont want for nothing and for being a paradigm of moral uprightness and principles.

• Like 3

there was a time when spanking a newborn baby to check it's breathing in a hospital was viewed as an act of humanism and a welcome gesture. now it's probably viewed as a kind of child abuse? :lol:

Edited by netcat

I am gonna speak from the position of a son because I don't know what to be a parent is like and maybe my opinion would change completely if I had a kid. I got a slap every now and then when my behaviour wasn't good. The times it happened can be counted (systematically hitting your kid every time he doesn't behave alright is another thing), but it happened. At the time, I didn't understand why, I would get really angry and hate my parents with a passion and I wouldn't talk to them for like...huh... 20 mins. What a badass I was! :lol: Now that I am an adult, and thinking about it, I really can understand it.

I think I'm a relatively normal dude who just tries to be a good person. A slap here and there didn't damage me, quite the opposite actually. But...is it better or worse? Fuck knows. There are amazing people who never got a slap in their lives and amazing people who did. And there are disrespectful assholes in both cases too.

Anyway, I am well aware my parents did their best to raise me and never meant wrong so for me that's more than enough. And I don't have any psychological issues because of that. I am a rather happy and settled down stripper.

Edited by Thin White Duke
  • Like 3

my mother was a ninja with a spatula...my father

only had to raise his voice...there's a difference between

discipline and abuse and most normal people know

the difference.

one time when i was a kid in a department store i started throwing

popcorn i was eating at my brother and wouldn't stop so my

mother slapped the shit outta me in front of everyone....and she should have....

today someone would call the cops

I don't understand why my kids would start respecting me more if I resorted to using violence in my upbringing of them. I just don't get the underlying mechanism for how the use of violence towards my own kids when other options are readily available would somehow fill them with respect for me. If anything they would start fearing me, and that is something entirely different. As a grown-up I should be able to teach my kids right from wrong without succumbing to punishing them with violence. The only life lesson I can think my kids would get from me hitting them is that it is okay to use violence against those that are physically and mentally beneath you and rely on you for everything in life.

And why is it okay to hit kids who misbehave and not adults? What is it with kids that somehow makes the use of violence necessary or condonable? If anything, it should be a lot easier to modulate the behaviour of your own kids through setting good examples, being rigid in the rules, talking and reasoning with them, or, if this doesn't work, physically preventing them from misbehaving, than modulating the behaviour of every grown-up you meet everyday and who doesn't act lie you want them to.

E.g. if it is okay to hit my kids, why can't I hit my employees? I am sure that would be a very efficient way to make them behave better in the workplace. A clip around the earhole never hurt no adults, right? They are simply not afraid enough of me. People get all hippy dippy about violence in the workplace and, y'know, employees can be cunts, like a 43 year old not meeting deadlines, forgetting to fill out timesheets, not being 100 % prepared for meetings, that man deserves a fuckin' slap.

Guest Len B'stard

OK aint got shit to do with it, sometimes its a necessity, as it is with adults. Theres certain things you can say to adults on a day to day basis, as an adult, that will earn you a slap.

Its not even necessarily respect, they respect you for other aspects of your stance, the hitting is just something that, sometimes with some kids, is necessary.

Out of interest, what other methods do you propose?

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 2

OK aint got shit to do with it, sometimes its a necessity, as it is with adults. Theres certain things you can say to adults on a day to day basis, as an adult, that will earn you a slap.

Its not even necessarily respect, they respect you for other aspects of your stance, the hitting is just something that, sometimes with some kids, is necessary.

Out of interest, what other methods do you propose?

my guess is a timeout...nothing worse than standing in a corner

I have never come to a situation where it has been necessary to hit my kids. There has been lots of situations where I have felt like doing it, and I can see how parents would do it and claim they had no other options.

You raise your kids by setting good examples (and hitting them when they misbehave is not a good example, in my opinion); by having clear, consistent rules ("it is never allowed to throw pebbles at the road"); by explaining the rationale for the rules, by various non-physical punishments ("if you don't stop throwing pebbles at the road we are going back indoors"); and by physically preventing them from misbehaving (like physically stopping them when they refuse to stop throwing rocks at the road). Well, these were just some methods, there are more I can't think of.

I have used timeouts when my kids have misbehaved at the dinner table. In those cased I have picked them up, carried them to another room and told them very clearly how it is unacceptable and that we won't be returning until they are behaving. They usually rage a bit, then start crying when they are refused to return (it is very boring being held by dad for some minutes when you want to be somewhere else), then stop crying and ask if we can return to the table. This behaviour have now completely ended.

Edited by SoulMonster