The Question Thread

Gia

A few months back I posted how I would love to make a series about Feudal Japan chronicling the campaigns of Nobunaga Oda, Hideyoshi Toyotomi and Iyesu Tokugawa. Would be like Kurosawa meets HBO.

Is rock and roll dead? When and where did it all go wrong?

• Like 1

gin and tonic with lemon and lime

what do you honestly think there is after death?

I got this.

There is clearly something beyond whatever our reality is - the universe is a magical place as it is, whatever the underlying reality is, it has to be insanely magical^50. It's clear whatever this reality is escapes us entirely. Definitive religions are grasping at straws they simply cant reach. It's like expecting a dog to understand algebra; it's just not happening. The difference is, the dog does not give a fuck whereas we are intelligent enough to ask these questions but incapable of producing solid answers. Which is troubling for us.

It's clear very strange and wondrous things happen all around us - placebo effect, for example. That's 5 alarm fucking crazy. So believing wondrous things is not entirely unreasonable. Trying to present definitive answers as absolute fact and persecuting people for not agreeing, however, is... put politely...insane.

The best we can do re: afterlife and reality is to form our own beliefs / world view and proceed as best we can. For most that involves the magical sky cake aka god. I personally believe there is an intelligent life force in all of us which reverts to the underlying nature when our meat bodies die. I don't mean it reverts to nature like, the trees and the grass, more fundamental than that. The smallest scales of nature, the strings or the loops or whatever scientists are running with these days.

It's like the alien in Independence Day - the outer body was a vessel for the inner creature which tried to melt Bill Pullmans brain. I don't believe we continue to exist as beings but I also don't believe we don't not exist - you continue to exist but not as an independent being but rather as a part of the larger wondrous reality, whatever the fuck that is. I think we all feel best when we are part of a whole; a community. It's our meat bodies that are selfish re: continued existence and independence. You can even see that with our meat bodies - most people get caught up in selfishness, take for instance drug addiction. People get so caught up in getting heroin that its all they think about and they're a drain on society. But if they can get past that and on the straight and narrow, a productive, positive member of society, i.e. a good dad, a good neighbor, help some old lady with her groceries, that feels 1000x better than selfish pursuits of debauchery. community > self even though its not always aparent. We have clearly lost sight of that in the past 60 years. The WWII generation knew this, they saw it. They ALL, whether at war or on the home front, sacrificed themselves for the greater good whether it was giving your life or giving up panty hose. They then tried to provide "better" / more comfortable lives to their children annnd we all turned into miserable selfish cunt buckets.

or option b) marble dude from the end of Men In Black.

Do you seriously believe our society will continue chugging along as per normal to the end of the 21'st century?

Edited by Jackie Moon
  • Like 2

What an answer :lol:

Well, the same structure will most likely persist within the western sheltered factory of society, robots will replace a lot of jobs eventually, the electronic car will not replace oil anytime soon, not just cause oil is evil and difficult to nobly acquire but the whole goddamn infrastructure of the process would decimate economies if replaced for myriad reasons, a lot of folk don't actually care about wars or bombs as long as it's not in the next country over nor do they look at the patterns of history that have led us to current events so I see no reason why government and industry will shift boundaries or relinquish control as long as people get enough money to etch a comfortable life out in suburbia, nanotechnology is probably the next big leap in our time since space funding has decreased, won't be meeting any ET's out in the curious cosmos anytime soon, probably for the best for them,

Do you prefer mash potatoes, roast potatoes or potato smilies?

• Like 1

To JM, a lovely answer, but, um...no. Thank you for asking though. ;)

I prefer roast potatoes.

How many cheques do you write each month?

You need to give context!

For all you who are not Orsys or I, I sent her a PM that said basically "hey, i wrote a well thought out reply to your question in the question thread, now will you sleep with me?"

yeah i'm hilarious.

To keep this thread rollin:

How many cheques do you write each month?

Piracy. I like a tot of rum and grew up on Stevenson’s Treasure Island.

Mozart v Beethoven?

I tend to find that a lot of angry young men prefer Ludwig Van for its revolutionary character but, in later life, appreciate the rationality and classicism of Mozart (or Haydn).

1. Appetite For Destruction

2. Use Your Illusion II

3. Led Zeppelin IV (Or a best of Zeppelin Album)

4. G N' R Lies

5. Use Your Illusion I

Entire albums haven't been my thing since I was about 18....so that should help explain the list.

Same question....top 5 albums...

Edited by Kasanova King

1. Exile on Main Street (or Beggar's Banquet or Sticky Fingers)

2. Highway 61 Revisited ( or Blood on the Tracks)

3. Wheels of Fire (or Disraeli Gears)

4. Led Zeppelin IV (or I or II)

5. Abbey Road (or Sgt. Pepper's)

Honorable mention: Pet Sounds

What brand vacuum cleaner do you use?

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Disney World

Science Fiction or Thrillers?

humm thrillers - easier to relate to. Science fiction can be a bit out there - with their flying machines and whatnot.

would not love to see JM and orsys get together?

Edited by Jackie Moon