Ashba Swag Tents at GNR concerts? Appropriate? Inappropriate?

Guest NGOG

Find something else to be annoyed about, seriously. Total non-issue.

Dj is a well-established marketer (like every other gimmick rocker). When you get a taste for the dollar, few aren't.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

Honestly doesn't bother me. A lot of people have an issue with DJ, but like it or not, he draws a good amount of people to Gn'R shows. So, if DJ wants to set up his own stand (don't think it'll be at every show, just this one - though it'd be a smart business move for him if it were at each show) for his merch, then so be it. There's a market for it for some people at each so, so people will buy some.

Also, I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't by "Axl Swag" if it were a thing.

• Like 3

having axl doing a 13 minute version of KOHD is way worse. i don't even like the current lineup, so i don't really care.

I'd rather sit through that than Sweet Child O' Mine at a show.

Wtf, Sweet Child is an awesome song, you really dont like it?

Well..... I can't blame him....... I really don't think any of us here would turn down the opportunity to sell their shit if they were milking a band like GN'R....

so who's gonna cast the first stone?

Yeah, I do think it sorts of whore the whole GN'R thing out... but what he does is not much worse than Bumblefoot promoting his upcoming album, Stinson leaving temporarily to go with the Replacements..... I don't feel fond of any of these musicians to be honest. Im not into any of them or their side-projects. So I really don't give a shit about Ashbag's swag....... I'm here for Axl so if I have to put up with these temporary assholes and their temporary tents then so be it! (just for the sake of music and rock n' roll)

• Like 1

It's appropriate. Clearly Axl thinks so, too.

Personally, I'd pay no more than $5 to see this band, so I'm not exactly their target audience.

I also don't eat at Olive Garden or any chain restaurant, as I live in NYC. So, my opinion doesn't matter. My tastes aren't in line with others tastes.

Guest BB L'Amour

Just shows how far g'n'r have fallen down the shitter. Can you imagine Duff, Slash or even Steve using g'n'r as a vehicle for their apparel company? This band used to have so much self respect and really represented the dirty punk gutters of the underground rock scene.. DJ Swagba? Naww..

• Like 1

Absolutely disgusting. This sort of thing may be tolerated in pop and rap but in rock? It's completely sacrilegious. The way this guy goes about selling products like some corporate whore is against the very principles of the genre and insults the legends before him.

Didn't Axl himself once complain about Slash whoring himself out by playing with MJ? Hocking Monster energy drinks is just a wee bit worse than that imo.

Guest Gunns

The chick on the right (in the #demented#AshbaSwag tent) gave me a couple of boners.

Doom has 2 penises?! you learn something new everyday :lol:

• Like 1

I think if he tried to pimp Ashbaswag every 15 minutes at a GNR concert the way Sammy Hagar brings up Cabo Wabo, that might annoy Axl.

Something like a festival - they should all be doing meet and greets, surprised Bumblefoot isn't selling the hot sauce there, or maybe he is. There shouldn't be a problem at festivals as far as the band members selling whatever they wanted.

If it was at Vegas, I don't see him being given more than a handful of t-shirts to sell, because then he's getting in the way of Axl making money out there. I think he gets a cut of the shirts he designed or it he just gave it to Axl for free, which I could def. see him doing.

I think the chick on the right is Ashba's sister.

Edited by dalsh327