Some jerk killed a bunch of people last night because he couldn't get laid

Christinith

I haven't been paying too much attention to this but earlier today, I saw a little clip of the follow up to all of this on TMZ....and did some searching online.

Apparently this kid was extremely delusional...and yes, suffered from mental illness.

According to his neighbor, a lot of the things he states in his videos are inaccurate. (That he wanted friends and girlfriends, etc) His neighbor tried on several occasions to invite him out, start conversations with him...also invited him out to hang out with girls, etc. And he couldn't as get as much as a sentence at a time out of him.

The guy was in his own delusional world....completely closed off and detached from the outside world....well beyond the realms of an average sociopath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLTgV6f0j1s

To try to categorize him as anything other than insane at this point is probably giving him too much credit.

Edited by Kasanova King

This happened in my town, at my old university. Coincidentally, I was in Vegas for a No Trickery show this weekend so I wasn't in town here when it happened--and then after singing happily along with "Used to Love Her," I felt a bit guilty.

I don't know what anyone could have done. I read his memoir and watched some of the videos, saw his previous forum posts that Reddit dug up, etc. Dude wasn't just crazy; he was broken. In my opinion (which is not an expert one at ALL, mind) he was unfixable. So what do you do with a guy like that? Lock him up, I guess, but for what cause? What public agency has the resources to research every possibly-broken person and build up a case for permanently institutionalizing the worst ones?

Still. I do wish the police had researched him online better (he used his actual name on at least one forum where he posted crazy things) before they visited him, or maybe if they'd been able to somehow check and see if he had an alarming number of firearms? I don't even know if there's a database you can look that up in, but maybe that would have helped. Or maybe they could have called SBCC and asked how he was doing in his classes, etc.?

Either way, it happened, and it sucks.

• Like 1

This happened in my town, at my old university. Coincidentally, I was in Vegas for a No Trickery show this weekend so I wasn't in town here when it happened--and then after singing happily along with "Used to Love Her," I felt a bit guilty.

I don't know what anyone could have done. I read his memoir and watched some of the videos, saw his previous forum posts that Reddit dug up, etc. Dude wasn't just crazy; he was broken. In my opinion (which is not an expert one at ALL, mind) he was unfixable. So what do you do with a guy like that? Lock him up, I guess, but for what cause? What public agency has the resources to research every possibly-broken person and build up a case for permanently institutionalizing the worst ones?

Still. I do wish the police had researched him online better (he used his actual name on at least one forum where he posted crazy things) before they visited him, or maybe if they'd been able to somehow check and see if he had an alarming number of firearms? I don't even know if there's a database you can look that up in, but maybe that would have helped. Or maybe they could have called SBCC and asked how he was doing in his classes, etc.?

Either way, it happened, and it sucks.

He came to Santa Barbara broken and for the next 3 years he seemed to get worse. They might as well blame the lottery on top of everything else, but Arizona's further than Vegas from there, isn't it? That's a hell of a long ride just to buy tickets.

People trip too much like 'omg, it's like every other day now!' and I guess they are kinda more frequent but like...there's always been these psycho bastards around, what did it to Dahmer, what did it to Richard Ramirez, what did it to Crippen or Dennis Nielsen or Rose and Fred West or any of em. And there's more now, yeah but we have bigger populations now too compared to like, the 60s and shit.

At a certain point you have to realize that meds designed to medicate actual real illnesses that people have and that help them keep on an even keel are not responsible, machine tools are not responsible, there just are some cracked motherfuckers out there and when they feel like doin' someone they'll do em.

A lot of people get a bad impression about meds and think that like, OK, they worked on em under some bullshit diagnosis and it didn't do nothing for them that that means that they're a fucked up thing per se, well they're not, there are people who are bi-polar or whatever and the shit keeps em straight and when they go off their meds for a little while they come to realise pretty fuckin' sharpish exactly why they were needed in the first place.

Just because in some countries (not pointing any fingers cuz i dunno fuck all about this shit really, at least in terms of how the companys operate) unscrupulous pharmaceutical companies abuse the system and gear it towards profiteering don't reflect poorly on the concept of medicating anymore than if gangsters took over a local hospital that it would react badly on the institute of hospitals, it's the pharmaceutical companies themselves and their conduct thats fucked.

Nutters in the sixties were fascinating though. They dressed up as clowns and faked injuries to pry on the young and weak.

I think spraying bullets lacks creativity and character. If you're going to be insane, at least set yourself apart.

Note: NSA, I do not condone the actions listed above and this response was written to generate discussion. God bless America.

jesus....the more i read about this guy he sounds eerily similar to miser. all this stuff about him being a "broken" person in his own little make believe world is almost word for word what i said about miser.

whom i haven't heard from in about a week and who was in a very very bad place last time we spoke.

hope he doesn't get "inspired" by this.

Guest Len B'stard

If Miser does, in your estimation, where does that put all the people that ripped the fuckin' shit out of him on her in terms of some extremely convoluted sense of culpability? I suppose what I'm trying to say is would you feel any guilt on any level? Sorry, this is presuming that you took the piss out of him on here, I know I certainly did :lol:

People trip too much like 'omg, it's like every other day now!' and I guess they are kinda more frequent but like...there's always been these psycho bastards around, what did it to Dahmer, what did it to Richard Ramirez, what did it to Crippen or Dennis Nielsen or Rose and Fred West or any of em. And there's more now, yeah but we have bigger populations now too compared to like, the 60s and shit.

At a certain point you have to realize that meds designed to medicate actual real illnesses that people have and that help them keep on an even keel are not responsible, machine tools are not responsible, there just are some cracked motherfuckers out there and when they feel like doin' someone they'll do em.

A lot of people get a bad impression about meds and think that like, OK, they worked on em under some bullshit diagnosis and it didn't do nothing for them that that means that they're a fucked up thing per se, well they're not, there are people who are bi-polar or whatever and the shit keeps em straight and when they go off their meds for a little while they come to realise pretty fuckin' sharpish exactly why they were needed in the first place.

Just because in some countries (not pointing any fingers cuz i dunno fuck all about this shit really, at least in terms of how the companys operate) unscrupulous pharmaceutical companies abuse the system and gear it towards profiteering don't reflect poorly on the concept of medicating anymore than if gangsters took over a local hospital that it would react badly on the institute of hospitals, it's the pharmaceutical companies themselves and their conduct thats fucked.

Nutters in the sixties were fascinating though. They dressed up as clowns and faked injuries to pry on the young and weak.

I think spraying bullets lacks creativity and character. If you're going to be insane, at least set yourself apart.

Note: NSA, I do not condone the actions listed above and this response was written to generate discussion. God bless America.

You are speaking of Gacy and Bundy. That wasn't the '60's, that was the '70's. LOL. Get your decades right Arnold! People were too busy in the '60's doing other things. They didn't have time for mass murder. (Not counting Manson, but he was atypical and he had other people do his dirty work. It's debatable whether that was mass murder too.) The '70's, not so much. The '70's sucked, lot's of time for mass murder.