Slash slaughters Star Spangled Banner and nobody cares?

Slash performing the American and Canadian National anthems. The reason nobody cared about one subpar, just ok performance is because Slash kills it 99% of the time. Unlike the Zealot's hero

Cool footage

Btw i lolled the tophat just "being there" :lol:

Completely missed that video. I think it was posted earlier in the thread.

Yeah, it's hilarious that his tophat is just "there". :lol:

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Slash has performed the Star Spangled Banner so many times now this is a non issue. Some performances have sounded better than others, this one wasn't that great but because Axl sucks so bad and it a complete waste of time these days the Zealots are grasping at straws for reasons to hate on Slash. Hilarious. Laugh all you want at Slash's performance here but thank your lucky stars Axl wasn't singing it. Your hero would then be destroyed by GnR fans, casual music listeners, hockey fans and the media for the travesty that it would be.

:lol: For all the babbling on about nothing that you do, you sure seem to have yourself convinced that you have a point. Axl slaughtering it is nothing anybody asked for. In fact, thanks Axl for having the common decency that Slash doesn't and leaving it alone.

Holy fuck you get more and more dumb each time you post. Being asked to perform the national anthem is an honor. Axl isn't showing common decency by "leaving it alone". Do you even listen to the shit that comes out of your mouth. Axl isn't choosing to leave it alone out fo respect, he's simply not being asked to perform it because nobody gives a fuck to see or hear him do it because he'd sound like shit. It'd be worse than Rosanne Barr's performance. If anything if Axl is asked to do it he's saving himself from public humiliation by declining.

Slash has performed the Star Spangled Banner so many times now this is a non issue. Some performances have sounded better than others, this one wasn't that great but because Axl sucks so bad and it a complete waste of time these days the Zealots are grasping at straws for reasons to hate on Slash. Hilarious. Laugh all you want at Slash's performance here but thank your lucky stars Axl wasn't singing it. Your hero would then be destroyed by GnR fans, casual music listeners, hockey fans and the media for the travesty that it would be.

:lol: For all the babbling on about nothing that you do, you sure seem to have yourself convinced that you have a point. Axl slaughtering it is nothing anybody asked for. In fact, thanks Axl for having the common decency that Slash doesn't and leaving it alone.

It's funny, people can't take any criticism of Slash without lashing out at Axl or the band

Read my post. I said it wasn't his best. What's hilarious though is someone like Damn_Smooth starting the topic. Axl fucking sucks and is a complete waste of time so the second Slash does something less than stellar he's on it and posting it like Slash is an embarrassment to the world and is lame. Haha You all wish Axl was doing the stuff Slash is. You'll say no you don't but everybody knows you zealots would LOVE for Axl to be as productive and active as Slash.

For someone who likes Bono you sure do have a lot of opinions, which no one should care about since you like Bono. :facepalm:

But ye, Axl sucks, Slash sucks and I'm pretty sure Bono has always sucked.

Edited by UcudBmine
  • Like 1

What has Axl got to do with any of this? Why is he mentioned in this thread? Because of some squabble with Damn Smooth? To be fair, Ds has gave Axl shit just as much as he has Slash. The DJ comments are obviously jokes - the thread does highlight a huge double standard though.

Youre one of the oldest members here yet you are notorious for Axl vs Slash drivel.

I'm notorious for calling meatheads out on their bullshit. There's ample proof out there of Slash performing the Star Spangled Banner really well. I just posted one but an off night, off performance and Damn_Smooth starts a thread and asks why nobody cares that Slash "slaughtered" it as if we're showing double standards by not treating Slash the same way we treat Axl. He thinks Slash should be held to the same standard as Axl and you know what? He is. Only difference is Slash delivers consistently. He kicks ass nightly and releases albums. Damn_Smooths post was an obvious attempt to make a jab at a guy who for all intents and purposes is above the bullshit. He rarely fucks up, he's active, he's productive, he shares with his fan base, he doesn't lie to his fan base, he respects his fans. So Yeah this thread is a joke because the intentions behind it are an attempt to knock Slash down a peg and only because Axl fucking blows and does nothing with his band. If the Zealots would call a spade a spade and be honest about Axl and GnR than ok but they don't. You've got the same fools who are knocking Slash for a subpar performance of one song while at the same time praising the perseverance of Axl and GnR for touring the world with a static set list and releasing a new album 6 years ago. There's a lot of people here that need to pull their heads out of their ass.

For someone who likes Bono you sure do have a lot of opinions, which no one should care about since you like Bono. :facepalm:

And congratulations on making the douchiest comment of the day.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

I don't know why Damn_Smooth is allowed to post here without any warnings for his personal attacks

maybe because he is a supporter?

Is supporters protected from warnings?

The mods know this thread supposed to be a cupcake thread they even change the title... :shrugs:

Should the person who's first post in the thread includes personal attacks really be whining about personal attacks?

Holy fuck you get more and more dumb each time you post. Being asked to perform the national anthem is an honor. Axl isn't showing common decency by "leaving it alone". Do you even listen to the shit that comes out of your mouth. Axl isn't choosing to leave it alone out fo respect, he's simply not being asked to perform it because nobody gives a fuck to see or hear him do it because he'd sound like shit. It'd be worse than Rosanne Barr's performance. If anything if Axl is asked to do it he's saving himself from public humiliation by declining.

:lol: If I'd known that pointing out the truth about Slash would make you cry this hard I'd never have done it. I should have known though, you U2 fans are all of the Chris Crocker variety. Now, pour yourself a nice tall glass of milk, throw on some With Or Without You and dry your eyes of the butthurt tears, it's time for you to cry tears of joy over your idol getting the "honor" of destroying The Star Spangled Banner. It's OK little feller.

It's not exactly the easiest song in the world to play.

Perhaps not the easiest, but still veeeery easy. Perhaps you were thinking about singing it? Because it is quit hard to sing with a range of 1,5 octaves.
Singing it is even harder and I certainly would rather hear someone sing it than play it on the guitar. Having said that I've heard Slash play it a couple times and I liked this performance best.

Slash doesn't love USA enough. Fuck him.

"The guy isn't american, isn't a good player and obviously doesn't seem to be proud. Chances are IT SUCKS!

There should be 2 laws in order to play the national anthem: be damn proud of it and be one hell of a player."

The guy isn't american, isn't a good player and obviously doesn't seem to be proud. Chances are IT SUCKS!

There should be 2 laws in order to play the national anthem: be damn proud of it and be one hell of a player.

I like Zakk, but playing the national anthem isn't the time to show off.. what was he thinking? Even the players seem to ask themselve "what's he doing?".

Has Ron ever done it?

Well, kinda. Somebody asked him to do it in Brazil and he was surprised, lol. He sang the song as well in an operatic style.

Fast Forward to 3 minutes in.

Not everybody can be Satch.

He's fkn great. Loved it!

What a musician Ron is. That's all I gotta say.

As much as I love Satch... That wasn't very good. His meter was really fucked up.

The last scream is ridiculous. And that was his chest voice which made it much more impressive.

Why didnt you like Satch's version? I liked it more than most posted here...

I think that Satch is a great guitar player, it's just that his timing was all fucked up. Try counting the beats. It's a waltz, so it's 3 beats per measure.

That's what I meant by 'meter'.

The guy isn't american, isn't a good player and obviously doesn't seem to be proud. Chances are IT SUCKS!

There should be 2 laws in order to play the national anthem: be damn proud of it and be one hell of a player.

I like Zakk, but playing the national anthem isn't the time to show off.. what was he thinking? Even the players seem to ask themselve "what's he doing?".

He was thinking "Fuck yeah, I'm Zakk Wylde- the most tasteless guitarist on the fucking planet! I hope people join my fake pussy ass bikie club after going to Zakk Wylde.com!"