Slash slaughters Star Spangled Banner and nobody cares?

http://youtu.be/Oh3r_ZPsSX4

What the shit was that??? I know it's a crap song to begin with, but seriously here, every YouTuber that has ever played it has done better. Including DJ jr.

Listen to the announcer, and the crowd in the background, that's soundboard audio.

Even your precious DJ would sound like that performing it if the feed was via soundboard on the video.

I'll bet it sounded killer in the arena.

Nice thread though, you even got to say "butthurt". Tee hee.

:lol: My precious DJ, huh? So by making a thread that shows that Slash at his worst is comparable to DJ, DJ becomes mine? How the fuck does any semi-intelligent creature come to that conclusion?

i don't get the point of this thread. it's well known slash used to be a sloppy guitar player. he's not above criticism but there are a lot of better examples of his sloppines IMO. comparing him to dj is really idiotic since the only thing they have in common is that both played with axl. they are from completely different generations and schools. also, while dj's main focus is his business (his own words), slash is always recording, releasing music and doing stuff related to guitar. i'll watch axl rose disaster series to feel better, i'm butthurt now.

It's OK, You don't get the point of most things. This isn't "used to be sloppy", this is sloppy from 2 days ago. At least you can acknowledge that you're butthurt, I'm proud of you for that. Enjoy your disaster videos. Make sure you pay special attention to DJ's recent SCOM from Golden Gods so you'll finally be able to understand why this particular thread draws a perfect comparison between the two. Cheers.

No, I get the point of most things. This one is the only I'm struggling. I wonder why. DJ's SCOM made me able to understand lots of things, specially how great Slash is compared to him. :)

Overlooking your blatant lying about your ability to understand things, the point is that Slash's shit performance here is as big of an embarrassment for Slash as SCOM is for DJ. Not sure how much simpler you need things broken down for you. You need me to help you come to the realization that being better than DJ is comparable to winning the Special Olympics too?

The USA anthem is shit anyway. :lol:

No excuse to shitten it up more.

No, SCOM was out of tune, DJ had the opportunity to start again, restart it using other strings (not sure if he's able to do that), it's even more embarassing when you stop to think he actually kept on going like there was nothing wrong :lol:

Slash's performance was meh, I have no problem admitting it and seems to be the general consensus. You're the one making it a big deal because you want to cupcake the Slash fans.

Being better than DJ is nothing. DJ shouldn't even be included in this discussion, you decided to call Slash "DJ Senior" or some stupid shit like that, adding him to the discussion. You can thank the mods for changing that for you.

I'm not even a Slash fan. His Paulino Rubio song is embarassing. This is boring and average, like his solo carreer. He's still a rock icon, admired and respected by pretty much everyone in the business.

I liked "quiet" DS more, by the way.

Sucks for you that I don't give a shit which version of DS you like more. All versions of DS are entertained by your butthurt over Slash sucking ass and giving absolute shit performances. DS don't need to cupcake better because this page has already exceeded any expectations.

P.S. See that Zint, I got to use it twice.

http://youtu.be/Oh3r_ZPsSX4

What the shit was that??? I know it's a crap song to begin with, but seriously here, every YouTuber that has ever played it has done better. Including DJ jr.

The "Star Spangled Banner" is a crap song?

Indeed.

Slash also butchered the tokyo Patience solo, we also know he's a hell of a guitar player and considering just how wasted he used to be, he got thru live shows pretty well most of the time. Sure he was no Dimebag on the 'pissed off his face yet still accurate as hell' scale though.

Bit different walking out cold and playing a solo in the middle of a stadium like that with no band or anything else. Also, does he have an amp down there, or is he literally listening to himself play over the PA?

He can play it just fine most of the time.

Has Ron ever done it?

Well, kinda. Somebody asked him to do it in Brazil and he was surprised, lol. He sang the song as well in an operatic style.

Fast Forward to 3 minutes in.

Not everybody can be Satch.

He's fkn great. Loved it!

• Like 1

Slash has performed the Star Spangled Banner so many times now this is a non issue. Some performances have sounded better than others, this one wasn't that great but because Axl sucks so bad and it a complete waste of time these days the Zealots are grasping at straws for reasons to hate on Slash. Hilarious. Laugh all you want at Slash's performance here but thank your lucky stars Axl wasn't singing it. Your hero would then be destroyed by GnR fans, casual music listeners, hockey fans and the media for the travesty that it would be.

• Like 1

Slash has performed the Star Spangled Banner so many times now this is a non issue. Some performances have sounded better than others, this one wasn't that great but because Axl sucks so bad and it a complete waste of time these days the Zealots are grasping at straws for reasons to hate on Slash. Hilarious. Laugh all you want at Slash's performance here but thank your lucky stars Axl wasn't singing it. Your hero would then be destroyed by GnR fans, casual music listeners, hockey fans and the media for the travesty that it would be.

:lol: For all the babbling on about nothing that you do, you sure seem to have yourself convinced that you have a point. Axl slaughtering it is nothing anybody asked for. In fact, thanks Axl for having the common decency that Slash doesn't and leaving it alone.

Has Ron ever done it?

Well, kinda. Somebody asked him to do it in Brazil and he was surprised, lol. He sang the song as well in an operatic style.

What a musician Ron is. That's all I gotta say.

As much as I love Satch... That wasn't very good. His meter was really fucked up.

:lol: For all the babbling on about nothing that you do, you sure seem to have yourself convinced that you have a point. Axl slaughtering it is nothing anybody asked for. In fact, thanks Axl for having the common decency that Slash doesn't and leaving it alone.

It's funny, people can't take any criticism of Slash without lashing out at Axl or the band

Ouch ! Im not even American and that hurt lol

Saw this the other day and thought they did a decent job

That was a WAAAAY better arrangement, but Kirk sucks about equally as much as Slash.

But hell, we're all beginners at one time.

Rose would have forgotten the words.

I don't know why Damn_Smooth is allowed to post here without any warnings for his personal attacks
maybe because he is a supporter?
Is supporters protected from warnings?
The mods know this thread supposed to be a cupcake thread they even change the title... :shrugs:

• Like 1

Saw this while at boston pizza that night. My wife makes the comment, " of course, slash gets immured from the please remove hats rule of thumb." Touché.

any performers of the anthem do when it's part of their "uniform." when I was in college marching band we didn't have to take our shakos off for the anthem when we played it. Slash is so known for that hat, I can't see anyone forcing him to take it off to play the anthem.

and on topic, far from his best performance ever, but also far from horrible.

Edited by uctalum01

Holy fuck you get more and more dumb each time you post. Being asked to perform the national anthem is an honor. Axl isn't showing common decency by "leaving it alone". Do you even listen to the shit that comes out of your mouth. Axl isn't choosing to leave it alone out fo respect, he's simply not being asked to perform it because nobody gives a fuck to see or hear him do it because he'd sound like shit. It'd be worse than Rosanne Barr's performance. If anything if Axl is asked to do it he's saving himself from public humiliation by declining.

It's funny, people can't take any criticism of Slash without lashing out at Axl or the band

Read my post. I said it wasn't his best. What's hilarious though is someone like Damn_Smooth starting the topic. Axl fucking sucks and is a complete waste of time so the second Slash does something less than stellar he's on it and posting it like Slash is an embarrassment to the world and is lame. Haha You all wish Axl was doing the stuff Slash is. You'll say no you don't but everybody knows you zealots would LOVE for Axl to be as productive and active as Slash.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

Slash performing the American and Canadian National anthems. The reason nobody cared about one subpar, just ok performance is because Slash kills it 99% of the time. Unlike the Zealot's hero

Slash performing the American and Canadian National anthems. The reason nobody cared about one subpar, just ok performance is because Slash kills it 99% of the time. Unlike the Zealot's hero

Cool footage

Btw i lolled the tophat just "being there" :lol:

• Like 1

Holy fuck you get more and more dumb each time you post. Being asked to perform the national anthem is an honor. Axl isn't showing common decency by "leaving it alone". Do you even listen to the shit that comes out of your mouth. Axl isn't choosing to leave it alone out fo respect, he's simply not being asked to perform it because nobody gives a fuck to see or hear him do it because he'd sound like shit. It'd be worse than Rosanne Barr's performance. If anything if Axl is asked to do it he's saving himself from public humiliation by declining.

Read my post. I said it wasn't his best. What's hilarious though is someone like Damn_Smooth starting the topic. Axl fucking sucks and is a complete waste of time so the second Slash does something less than stellar he's on it and posting it like Slash is an embarrassment to the world and is lame. Haha You all wish Axl was doing the stuff Slash is. You'll say no you don't but everybody knows you zealots would LOVE for Axl to be as productive and active as Slash.
What has Axl got to do with any of this? Why is he mentioned in this thread? Because of some squabble with Damn Smooth? To be fair, Ds has gave Axl shit just as much as he has Slash. The DJ comments are obviously jokes - the thread does highlight a huge double standard though.

Youre one of the oldest members here yet you are notorious for Axl vs Slash drivel.

• Like 1

Has Ron ever done it?

What a musician Ron is. That's all I gotta say.

As much as I love Satch... That wasn't very good. His meter was really fucked up.

The last scream is ridiculous. And that was his chest voice which made it much more impressive.

Why didnt you like Satch's version? I liked it more than most posted here...